Wallys update

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is why i was going to close thread for a bit Robbo :D

I dont know about the 3 foreigners but the 3 English lads should already be wonderkids. AFAIK a player becomes a wonderkid if they have CA over a certain level and under a certain age. Cleverley definitely is in this bracket with the changes that have been done, and if Jones isnt at the start he certainly will be after a few months of training and game time. Same for Rodwell.

I would just ignore posts like the above. They probably havent even tried your file yet judging by the players they are wanting changed. Typical one post wonder. Will probably never come back to this thread or the forum :)

I've nearly finished my first season at Everton using the final update and so far it has been so good, my team are in 7th with two games to go and the youngsters I have been keeping my eyes on have been progressing nicely :D

Cool, They got a good XI, did you sell anyone to get any money in?

no i didn't, the squad is paper thin, luckily i got given £4m to spend in January and spent it on Nelson Oliveira (must buy on this update) and Ismail Aissati. I'm presuming that even if I do qualify for Europe and finish above my start of season expectation I probably wont get very much in the way of a transfer budget for strengthening my side.

I done up Nelson, he was the start of the u20 world cup but another lad had the file for portugal and i never double checked him after...hope he's not too good :( You should have a look on IMscouting and look at the players to watch on there. I done a lot of them up so could find some starlets you might not have heard of.

The download like doesnt work?! i click it and it says there is either and error or the file is missing? ... but seeing as its friday and nearly 5pm i may aswell just wait for the updated one lol. Please change the link asap (y)

ThePav: low 180's on mine

Is that the portugese lad? i didnt have him that good must have been boosted again. Tut tut. nevermind. just gonna have to deal with it. never had the chance to double check the portugese changes or danish ones, he must be a -10.

I read something about not being able to go past a certain date a few pages back,is there any truth to that?

I've never known any of my updates get stuck on a certain date, usually people get these problems when playing my db with another 1

Oh and btw, can anyone suggest me a good challenge with a premier league team? With Wolves, I always do well from second season onwards since they are rich and willing to spend big. And does manager's past experience (pro footballer/international footballer) makes any difference with difficulty level of the game?

Wally/Pav, did you guys alter Wolves finances and gave them a boost? They always seem to give me huge transfer budget + agree to improve youth facility + stadium expansion.

Cant remember if i did the training ground i think it was done. The ground could be up to 55 thousand in the next 10 years. Its going to 36 thousand soon. Finances i left us with about 9m as the budget for the season. You can raise more money by selling Edwards,Foley,Milijas,Craddock etc. I got it up to about 18m after i did this. Then get Paddy McCourt. Him and Jarvo are unstoppable. The balance is good about 20m but its not as good as a lot of other sides on the game. We obv have no debt which helps and are constantly making a profit you just have to get through the first season really... Its a good challange if you have the first window off actually a lot more realistic. As far as any other prem games, Norwich and Swansea would be a good one or Everton as there skint. Or if you fancy it go QPR as there minted. TBH your probs better off getting someone up from the championship as there are loads of teams you can go :)

Anyone getting that Maicon & Kaka are sold really cheap at the start of the game? Maicon listed as Back-up, Kaka is not needed. Is there anything I can do about this?

Its the AI im afraid, try upping there reputation. Maicon always goes to utd for 13m its stupid. Maybe wack a min fee on him. Otherwise just one of those things.

Note - Sometimes when clicking on some links I get .xml errors. I wish I took a screen shot. Anyway I was Sheffield Wednesday in league 1 first season in played 4 won 4 sitting at top of the league and when I went to the league table and clicked my team name the xml error kept coming up.

Not sure if this is the update though... :-/

Nice idea. Can i set the future Dutch transfers for FM 12 in this thread or on the new site?

Greetzz

right guys breaking news myself m.g and michael foster are joining forces to create an ultimate update, michael as created a website for us

i'll be leaving this thread open for pav etc as ideally i'd like pav on the team

link to new site http://footiemanagerupdate.proboards.com/index.cgi

right guys breaking news myself m.g and michael foster are joining forces to create an ultimate update, michael as created a website for us

i'll be leaving this thread open for pav etc as ideally i'd like pav on the team

link to new site http://footiemanagerupdate.proboards.com/index.cgi

I would like to be on the team. Could be difficult with 3 other people tho wally as you never had any input on pa/ca changes im not sure the others would have no input. Defo something that would need addressing before i would be involved. Saying that MG really knows his stuff especially on Utd. But i would need some sort of control on the other teams. It Could get messy...lol. Do they even want the changes? A lot of updaters dont due to the arguments it causes, as its a matter of opinion..some are more educated than others. Eg, My opinion. hehe.;) I think personally the changes are what made this update stand out above the others.. IMO. Even tho the hardest thing is updating the transfers. The ability changes defo gave us an edge as there are many updaters who work with the same data, some are more detailed than others etc. With the 3 of you doing that together it will share the load and make it the most detailed update ever. Whether you have the changes in ability on there is something your gonna have to talk about. But i don't think i did a bad job...

I would like to be on the team. Could be difficult with 3 other people tho wally as you never had any input on pa/ca changes im not sure the others would have no input. Defo something that would need addressing before i would be involved. Saying that MG really knows his stuff especially on Utd. But i would need some sort of control on the other teams. It Could get messy...lol. Do they even want the changes? A lot of updaters dont due to the arguments it causes, as its a matter of opinion..some are more educated than others. Eg, My opinion. hehe.;) I think personally the changes are what made this update stand out above the others.. IMO. Even tho the hardest thing is updating the transfers. The ability changes defo gave us an edge as there are many updaters who work with the same data, some are more detailed than others etc. With the 3 of you doing that together it will share the load and make it the most detailed update ever. Whether you have the changes in ability on there is something your gonna have to talk about. But i don't think i did a bad job...

The update when available previously was ran by a small team. It ended due to lack of available time rather than issues in the team, but was hugely successful. As for CA/PA changes, it has ran without them previously and we are looking to continue in that vein. Saying that though, there is obviously a market for it, but I'm sure we can sort something out. As for joining the team, wally do you want to ask Michael on that one? Obviously you know Pav better than I do, and you'll know a bit more about what he can bring to the table.

Wally - I wouldn't have gone with ProBoards... not very good software imo.. I would have definitely gone with SimpleMachines forum or PHPbb... both easy to install, very customizable and looks much much better.

That's one to raise with Michael rather than myself or wally :)

I like those ca/pa changes, it should be nice if their are in those mega-update

Archived