Can your Club become champions of the world?

Guest mikeytwigge

Guest mikeytwigge
I can't believe Jose is still our captain! Luckily he is not in the Best 11, wch means he hopefull doesn't play too much!

Not many transfers, which is a bit dissappointin, hopefully the money hasn't run out...

From our squad and Best 11 I can already see we are going to survive in the First Division :thup: Hopefully we can get a decent State Champioship performance first.

Btw, my manager lin is not working, its no biggy though.

sorry i've done that double select thing again will correct it now

EDIT all done now

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great updates.

Few things regarding the Pirates:

1. Best player (who actually looked rather good) has gone and only replaced with 2 loanees

2. Captain Edmilson also looks very good

3. Despite being an unknown the manager also looks promising. Great stats in motivating, tactics, mental and man management so he could be the one to take us to the big(ger) time.

4. Judging from the best XI the Pirates strikers are hardly prolific. One has 10 goals in 33, the other had 8 in 41. All have average ratings below 7 so it doesn't look like there are any star players in the team.

Looking forward to seeing how they get on this year.

Guest mikeytwigge

screen shots fixed now and Icelander defending is also 17 for your manager. As regards to the problems with the red numbers that teo of you are having what i'm going to do is try reducing the size of the screen for the ss to see if that helps. If not then feel free to ask abut any number you are unsure of and i will just tell you what it is. Updates coming up shortly

Guest mikeytwigge

Irlande du Nord opening state championship stage

Yet again Irlande du Nord topped their league stage without losing, managing 7 wins and two draws. This set up a semi final against Fortaleza and when they lost 1-0 at home in the first leg it was all looking pretty bad for Irlande. A 4-0 battering awqay though meant they had come through that small set back to make the final where they would be up against Icasa. A 2-1 win away from home set them on their way and a 3-0 win at home meant for the first time ever they had won the opening stage.

Squad

Team Stats

Player Stats

Guest mikeytwigge

Yeah icelander but do feel free to ask if you want as its no problem for me to look at the ss. Brasilian State Championships coming up soon and i'll give a quick preview of another league by saying it is looking like we could possibly have our first club playing in the copa litabores

Guest mikeytwigge

they havent qualified yet their not even halfway through their season but they are definitely in contention although not favourites probably

Guest mikeytwigge

Southend United (BRA) - They were looking to defend their title in the Portiguar state championship. It all started off well as they won every game in the league stage to set up a quarter final match against Corinthians (RN). They managed a 2-0 win in the one off match and so went through to the two legged semi final where they faced America (RN) in a repeat of last years semi final. A 2-1 first leg defeat at home got them worried but a 2-0 victory away from home was enough to see them through. In the final they were up against portiguar as they had been in both of the previous two state championships. A 3-1 victory at home set them up well and a 2-1 victory away meant that once again Southend United (BRA) were state champions

Team Stats

Player Stats

Squad

Pirates - They were competing in the Goias state championship and were looking to retain their title. They started off brilliantly winning the league and so qualifying for the semi finals where they would face Atletico Goianiense for the third year running. They repeated last years sucsses by beating Atletico with a 2-1 victory at home and a 2-2 draw away. They progressed through to the final where again they would face last years beaten finalists in goias. A 1-1 draw at home meant it was all to play for in the second leg where they managed a 2-1 victory to yet again become state champions

Team Stats

Player Stats

Squad

Irlande du Nord - They were competing in the Ceara state Championship and after winning the opening stage they new they were already in the champions playoff. It started off extremely well as they won all their fixtures in the league stage to qualify for the semi final convincingly. In the semi final they were up against Ferroviario (CE) again, they drew the first leg 1-1 and won the second leg 2-1 which meant they were through to the final where they would face a tough tie against Fortaleza. They drew both legs 1-1 so the would have to enter the champions playoff where they would face Fortaleza. A 3-2 defeat at home meant it didnt look great for them but a 2-0 victory at home meant they were again state champions

Team Stats

Player Stats

Squad

Euroville - Could they make it four out of four for our sides. They did extremely well in the Sao Paulo state championship league finishing in a record 2nd place and qualifying for the semi finals where they would face Palmerias. A 1-1 draw at home meant it was all to play for but unfortunately they lost 2-0 in the away leg to mean that they were out. Still semi finalists is a massive improvement.

Team Stats

Player Stats

Squad

Very impressed with our State Championship performance, best defence and second best attack! A bit dissappointing osing out to Palmeiras after finishing aed of them in the league, but to be at the top in the first place is aweome. Once you are competitive in Sao Paulo, you are pretty much competitive in Brazil, seeing as the Sao Paulo State Championship is the strongest in Brazil!

Think we could do really well in the league and maybe even get a Sudamericana place!

Guest mikeytwigge

Chilean First Division Opening stage Update

After a terrible year last year in which both our teams were relegated it was not looking good for the two teams that got promoted. However The TA and FCTP did much beter than their counterparts had done with The TA finishing fourth in the league and FCTP finishing in 7th. This left both teams as second in their respective groups meaning that they had qualified for the quarter finals. Unfortunately though neither team could make it any further with THE TA losing 4-1 on aggregate to Universidad de Chile and FCTP going down 5-2 on aggregate to Colo Colo. However despite this both teams must be glad of the opening stage as they are now both unlikely to go straight back down.

FCTP Squad

FCTP Transfers

The TA Squad

The TA Transfers

Team Stats

Player Stats

Transfers

Guest mikeytwigge

Columbian 2nd Division First Phase

League Stage

In the league stage both of our teams came in the top 8 and so managed to make the group stage. FC Ice did well to finish second and We're lost managed to make the group stage this year as they finished a record 5th.

Fixtures between sides

We're Lost2 v 0 FC Ice

The Groups

FC Ice we're in group B but could only struggle to third Position. In Group A We're Lost managed to set another record for themsleves finishing in 2nd but still did not qualify for the final

Team Stats

Player Stats

Transfers

FC Ice Squad

FC Ice Transfers

We're Lost Squad

We're Lost Transfers

Guest mikeytwigge

Argentinan end of season update

League Table

Well after last year where all of our sides remained in the division they were all looking to be the first to make the First Division. As it happened two of them did make it with Espastica wh narrowly missed out on promotion last year finishing in second and TFC managing to become league champions.Arvet came a dissapointing 17th and barag once again finished entered the relegation playoff as they finished 18th in the average points table after coming 19th in the league.

The Playoffs - Relagation Playoff

Barag were up against Tristan Suarez in an effort to stay in the league and a 1-0 defeat away from home meant they had it all to do. They claimed a 1-0 win at home which means they stay in the division as they are the highest seeded team

Fixtures Between Sides

arvet 0 - 1 Barag

Barag 5 - 2 Espastica

TFC 4 - 0 Barag

Barag 2 - 2 arvet

Espastica 2 - 0 Barag

Barag 4 - 1 TFC

arvet 1 - 3 Espasitica

TFC 2 - 0 arvet

Espastica 3 - 1 arvet

arvet 0 - 0 TFC

TFC 3 - 0 Espastica

Espastica 1 - 0 TFC

Team Stats

Player Stats

Season Transfers

Biggest Transfers of the Season

Arvet

Barag

Espastica

TFC

Squads

Arvet

Barag

Espastica

TFC

Guest mikeytwigge

Columbian First Division End of First Phase

We had two teams competing in the league this year, newly promoted Santa Gilb and Linga Linga who have already spent one season in this league. Linga Linga had a dissapointing first phase and are definitely involved in the relegation battle as they finished in 16th, but the real suprise package of the league was newly promoted Santa Gilb. They managed to finish 6th in the league stage and so qualified for the groups. They then had an amazing group stage finishing top of group A by 4 points to set up a final against Envigado. They drew the first leg 2-2 and the second leg 1-1 but unfortunately lost on penalties. However they were left top of the overall table and you may be interested to know that as far as i understand the top two teams from the overall table qualify for the copa Libertadores.

Fixtures Between sides

Santa Gilb 2 v 1 Linga Linga

Team Stats

Player Stats

Transfers

Santa Gilb Squad

Santa Gilb Transfers

Linga Linga Squad

Linga Linga Transfers

you may be interested to know that as far as i understand the top two teams from the overall table qualify for the copa Libertadores.

I think it is the champions of the opening and closing stage + the best placed side in the overall league table, with 2nd and third making it to the Copa Sudamericana, but I could also be wrong :D

Guest mikeytwigge
I think it is the champions of the opening and closing stage + the best placed side in the overall league table, with 2nd and third making it to the Copa Sudamericana, but I could also be wrong :D

Sorry about that you may be correct as that seems to be what wikipedia is saying. Im going to have a look round all the leagues now and try to work out how each league chooses qualifiers for the copa litabores and Sudamericana and will post it all on here for everyone to see

Sorry about that you may be correct as that seems to be what wikipedia is saying. Im going to have a look round all the leagues now and try to work out how each league chooses qualifiers for the copa litabores and Sudamericana and will post it all on here for everyone to see

Good idea :thup:

If you are indoubt over any of the leagues I can help, I grew up in Brazil so know a fair bit about the South American leagues :)

Guest mikeytwigge

Copa libertadores

Argentina

Winner of the previous seasons opening stage

Winner of the previous seasons closing stage

The three highest from the overall league table (excluding those already qualified)

Brazil

Top 4 in the league

winner of the cup

Chile

Opening winner

Closing winner

Highest in the overall table

Columbia

Opening Winner

Closing Winner

Highest in the overall table

Uruguay

Overall Winner

1st and second in the Liguilla pre Libertadores ( is competed at the end of the season between the top 6 clubs in the league)

Also the winner of last years tournament wualifies giving their league an extra place

I think they are correct but not 100% sure so if someone who knows the league (i.e. corinthiano) could correct me that would be great. Also can't find the rules for most of the leagues for how they qualify for the copa Sudamericana as it seems complicated with some teams qualifying for both so if someone could tell me that would be great

The Libertadores places are correct mikey :thup:

For the Copa Sudamericana it works this way:

Brazil:

5th to 12th placed sides in the league

If a team in those places also won the Brazilian Cup, then the 13th placed team will qualify for the Sudamericana instead.

Argentina:

Boca and River have guaranteed spots in the Sudamericana (I don't know if this happens in FM as well)

4 other spots available to the 4 highest placed teams in the overall league table.

Chile:

Top two teams in the overall league table.

Colombia:

2nd placed in overall league table

Winner of Colombian Cup

(both provided they have not qualified for the Libertadores)

Uruguay:

3rd and 4th in the Liguilla Pre-Libertadores

Just like the Libertadores, the nation f the previus winner gts an extra spot in the next year.

This is all accoding to spanish and portuguese wikipedia, so hopefully correct. Only doubt, like I mentioned before, is if Boca and River always qualify in FM.

No problem mate, unfortunately South American football is poorly organized so you get crazy rules for competitions and generally a lot of confusion. I think Brazil have started to organize their competition better, mainly since the normal league system replaced the playoffs in 2004. I still find it stupid that most countries have two separate competitions a year with the whole Apertura and Clausura deal...

Archived