Klose

Klose

Spain

Russia

Nasri

oops put klose twice i meant Ronaldo as player of tournament

<STRIKE>holland</STRIKE> Portugal

<STRIKE>Nasri</STRIKE> Ivan Ratkic!

Winners : Croatia / Germany/ Spain - All have a good backbone of players and good individuality and talent each

Leading goalscorer : Fernando Torres

Player of tournament : Cristiano Ronaldo

Biggest flops : Netherlands- Don't think they can do it.

Suprise team : Croatia / Poland - Poland topped their group and crotia beat england twice.

Suprise player : Henrik Larsson - Will He Be Able to do it all again.

Originally posted by Evo87:

Winners : Croatia / Germany/ Spain - All have a good backbone of players and good individuality and talent each

Leading goalscorer : Fernando Torres

Player of tournament : Cristiano Ronaldo

Biggest flops : Netherlands- Don't think they can do it.

Suprise team : Croatia / Poland - Poland topped their group and crotia beat england twice.

Suprise player : Henrik Larsson - Will He Be Able to do it all again.

youve got to pick 1 team

Current Leading Goalscorer :- Lukas Podolski

Current Leading Team (Goal Diff) :- Germany

And tonight has Italy vs Holland which looks good, as well as France vs Romania.

Originally posted by MJGB:

Current Leading Goalscorer :- Lukas Podolski

Current Leading Team (Goal Diff) :- Germany

And tonight has Italy vs Holland which looks good, as well as France vs Romania.

Are you sure Germany aren't joint leaders with Portugal...? I've got a fiver on them to get in the final and a fiver on them to win so they had better do it.

Originally posted by ComeontheArsenal:

Winners: France

Leading goalscorer: Gomez

Player of tournament: Ribery

Biggest flops: Portugal

Surprise team: Russia

Surprise player: Gomis

What a terrible prediction this turned out to be. France have been useless ( i blame domenech)

Gomez can't seem to hit a barn door with a machine gun.

Portugal have been good, Russia got spanked by spain and Gomis has looked absolutely crap!

But hey i guess that's the thing with predictions. Also i think it's cheating a bit really when you post your prediction 3 days into the Euro's after Villa's scored a hat-trick in the 4 - 1 pasting of Russia.

Rant over. icon14.gif

Originally posted by ComeontheArsenal:

Also i think it's cheating a bit really when you post your prediction 3 days into the Euro's after Villa's scored a hat-trick in the 4 - 1 pasting of Russia.

Rant over. icon14.gif

lol who is that aimed at then?

P.S. C'mon Holland! I always knew Stekelenburg would make it! Every CM and FM I've played he was the first transfer I made icon_biggrin.gif

looks like i may get overall winner right just hope changing my mind doesnt come back to haunt me and as for leading goalscorer unless he hits a hattrick in his next 2 games im out of that

Yeah i'd have to say that Holland will win it now, they play a lot like Arsenal, very easy on the eye. A great passing game with the end product aswell, they've got so much talent and now they've got Van Persie and Robben back, the team is very, very strong.

Spain do look good and i predict a spain v holland semi final with holland edging it.(my predictions have got to come off sooner or later icon_biggrin.gif)

Top scorer will probably be Villa but i'd put a cheeky bet on Van Persie, he looked very sharp tonight and took his goal well. maybe it's the arsenal goggles but if he;s playing up front and stays fit he could net a few in the knockouts, if they go all the way.

Best game - holland 3 italy 0

Worst Game - Romania 0 france 0

Best player - Wesley Sneijder

Biggest Player Flop - Karim benzema/Ronaldo - Promsied so much. delievered very little

Best goal - Wesley Sneijder v Italy

Best new found Talent - Arda of turkey

Best game - Holland 4-1 France

Worst Game - Romania 0-0 France

Best player - Michael Ballack

Biggest Player Flop - Ronaldo

Best goal - Wesley Sneijder (90')

Best new found Talent - Andrei Arshavin

Best game - Holland 4-1 France(one of the best games i've seen in years!)

Worst Game - Romania 0-0 France

Best player - Wesley Sneijder

Biggest Player Flop - Gomez/Benzema - both looked excellent in their respective leagues and neither have lived up to it.

Best goal - Robben v France

Best new found Talent - Rakitic - apart from the pen miss he's looked very good.

well none of us got the winner right except those who voted after the 1st few games had been played so that doesnt count, the same goes for the goalscorer and biggest flop(France) but i would say that me and come on the arsenal def got the suprise team right!

As for best player i wouldnt say anybody really stood out this year the same goes for suprise player again nobody really stood out in my opinion but you can all have your say on that!

So overall me and C.O.T.A win with 1 correct guess each!

Originally posted by ridley99:

Biggest flop - All of france!, Ronaldo, Huntelaar

Huntelaar flop? You're not wise, scored 8 in 13 matches!

Too bad we got eliminated by Russia, the impact of the death of Boulahrouz' daughter was too big, can't blame for it. If this didn't happened i'm sure we (Holland) won the Euro 2008 trophy!

Well, better luck next tournament (2010) I'm sure we can reach the finals, we have so much quality to do!

Huntelaar did not score 8 goals in euro 2008 otherwise he would have been the leading goalscorer! He hardly played so therefore is a flop after everybody expected big things form him

Huntelaar did not score 8 goals in euro 2008 otherwise he would have been the leading goalscorer! He hardly played so therefore is a flop after everybody expected big things form him

Did I say in Euro 2008? No. He scored 1 out 1 in Euro 2008, so 100% score.

He scored 8 out 13 for the national team.

He was second behind Van The Man, nobody said they were expecting big things from the Hunter. He was a substitute! You can't expect goals from him when sitting on the bench!

Last season he was topscorer at Ajax with 33 goals out 34 games. When Ruud van Nistelrooy quits the national team Huntelaar will become the number one striker of Holland. Only then you can judge him.

So talk about a flop there's only one, C. Ronaldo. Didn't seen him in the tournament.

same goes for Huntelaar! hes the next big thing to come out of Holland with a great record but at euros he hardly played so this makes him a flop. Im not saying he isnt a good player overall just that he flopped in the euros by hardly playing even though he has an impressive record. this whole thread is about the euros not overall records!

same goes for Huntelaar! hes the next big thing to come out of Holland with a great record but at euros he hardly played so this makes him a flop. Im not saying he isnt a good player overall just that he flopped in the euros by hardly playing even though he has an impressive record. this whole thread is about the euros not overall records!

I do not agree with you, you can say C. Ronaldo flopped, BUT he played every game. Huntelaar only played one, which didn't matter anymore because we've qualified by then. If you say van Nistelrooy flopped, okay. You cant say he flopped only played one game.

Like i said, you can judge a player over a whole tournament if he played every match, not over 1 game.

Archived