San Marino "Double" Challenge 2009

Ter

Excellent result mate, a big side to get it against aswell. :)

*Edit. I've been made aware that I shouldn't double post like this, apolgies I'll try and stick to forum etiquette more from now on.

Cheers, I was surprised by how many good players were not in the national pool. Gives me hope we won't finish bottom of the league though.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Four now:

1-1 vs Poland

1-3 vs Slokavia

3-2 vs N.Ireland

0-2 vs Czech Rep.

Whilst the club still sucks it's nice that there have been goals being scored, something that is rare for them.

I looked into San Marino on wikipedia...... most pub teams could probably beat them :(

I didn't bother with the Ivory Coast job, just finished top of Serie C1/B by 7 points, would have been more like 12 if i didnt take my foot of the peddle having secured promotion. Stars of the show...

Bae Chun-Suk

Michele Matteoni

Manuel Marani

Daniele Scartozzi

2026/27 Serie A Second Half

We continued our good work that had lifted us into the Champions League spaces after the first half of the season. Wanderley left to join Liverpool on a loan deal as he hadn't settled, and in came Joaquin Esquivel, Mexican SW/DLC with over 80 caps. He joined from Barcelona for £20M, while Roberto Mele left for Lazio in a £3.2M deal. Mascio joined Vitesse on a free.

The turning point of the season was a 6 game winning run that came just after we dropped out of the European places altogether. These wins, including a 4-2 win over Napoli (7th), and 1-0 wins against Parma (4th) and Chievo (6th) lifted us back into the Champions League places. We sealed it with a 1-1 draw against champions (again!) AC Milan, Antonelli scoring the equaliser. A 2-1 win against Modena in the last game, with a team that had an average age of 19, confirmed our 3rd place finish, above Inter who finished 4th, but 16 points behind Palermo, the only team who could keep pace with Milan, although they still finished 6 points behind them.

Antonelli continues his path into the club legend books, as he finished the season with 24 goals and 14 assists, he now has 140 league goals in 301 appearances. Roberto, who scored 18 times in the season, is leaving to join Javier at Barcelona for a fee of £15M, although we will get £10M after 10 league goals and £10M after an international cap. Liotta broke the assists record for the club, finishing with an astonishing 20 assists, adding to his 11 goals. His wing partner Constantin finished with 7 goals and 15 assists.

Top 5 Goals/Assists:

Name Goals Name Assists
Antonelli 24 Liotta 20
Roberto 18 Constantin 15
Fedeli 11 Antonelli 14
Liotta 11 Fedeli 10
Constantin 8 Roberto 10[/Code]

I'm glad we made it into the Champions League this season as it would have been difficult to hold on to my better players otherwise.
In the UEFA Cup we went out 3-2 on aggregate to Barcelona, Antonelli's double at the Olimpico being overturned at Camp Nou.
Here are our league results for the second half of the season:
[code]San Marino 2-2 AC Milan Fedeli, Canton
Modena 0-3 San Marino Liotta, Fedeli, Canton 
Cavese 1-2 San Marino Roberto, Zavoli (16 y/o Sanmarinese youth AMC)
San Marino 0-0 Lecce
Palermo 3-1 San Marino Canton
San Marino 1-0 Rimini Antonelli
San Marino 3-2 Roma Emiliano x2, Canton
Catania 0-0 San Marino
Torino 1-1 San Marino Antonelli
San Marino 1-4 Fedeli
Cagliari 1-0 San Marino
[b]San Marino 3-1 Genoa Roberto x2, Emiliano
Fiorentina 0-4 San Marino Canton, Antonelli x2, Liotta
San Marino 4-2 Napoli Constantin, Antonelli x2, Liotta
San Marino 1-0 Chievo Esquivel
Parma 0-1 San Marino Constantin
San Marino 2-1 Pistoiese Esquivel, O.G[/b]
Lazio 2-1 San Marino Antonelli
San Marino 2-1 Juventus Constantin, Antonelli
AC Milan 1-1 San Marino Antonelli
San Marino 2-1 Modena Guttierez Gomez (Pen), Jorge

Looks like you had a great season there chap. Gratz on champions League!

I havent had a win in the League so far in 2nd half of the season. Lots of draws. Beat Tottenham in Eufa Cup though, 2-2 away and 3-2 at home, great games. Ajax next round.

My midfield is awful atm, doesn't matter who I play, they just cant pass the ball and lose it all the time, putting the defence (who are playing extremely well, hence the draws) under pressure. Youngsters who are good enough are now feeling the weight of public expectations.

Wonder kid striker is injured for 2 months and others haven't stepped up to the plate except in europe.

What was gonna be a good season will be average at best.

Should be ok as the first half of season was good enough to see me safe.

Great season kroblues Good luck in champions league next season

Smellfire is your wonderkid a san marinese player

Ive just made serie B by the playoffs, I drew both legs 0 -0 and to my surprise there was no penalties

To my shock i had been promoted beacuse i was seeded higher:)

Back to back promotions but i dont think ill be making it 3 in a row as the team lacks strength in depth. Ive got a romanian regen who is intersting numerous clubs but is only valued at 100,000.

I might just offer him out for about 2 M and hope the clubs bite, Only 550 k in the bank so the money would be really helpfull

I have 4 wonderkids now! 1 Italian Striker (£1.6m), 1 Norwegian DC (£975k), 1 Spanish DM (free), 1 English/Chinese WBL/DL (200k).

All progressed under me, which as I am quite surprised at because training facilities are still crap.

Serie B you can get some class loan signings without a parent club which should give you some quailty. Also surprising the amount of quality that will come to you as well on frees, ignore your assman as some will come that he reckons wouldn't. Ive got 2 players worth £6-8m now that joined in C1 and Serie B.

Just started this. Struggling to find any players with the wage budget at the start. DO you really need anyone or is the squad good enough?

What kind of tactical systems did people use? Im leaning towards an attacking 4-4-2 but im not sure if my CM's are good enough

Ive got 1 friendly left and then its into the serie B season,

Ive signed 2 spanish midfielders and a quality portugese DC on frees as well as a young striker from finland.

The DC and ST will walk straight into the team and i have high hopes for these two.

Im not quite sure why the DC signed he looks 2 good for my team, probaly something to do with the top wages that im paying him

The quality romanian regen is still with me, in the space of pre season his value has gone up from 100k to 375k, Keep rejecting bids of 900k but im going to sell before the chairmen accepts.

Got to get 2-3 M for him if i offer him out, which will then pay for my youth facilties upgrades

Ill take mid table this year and make a push for promotion next season

GL UTT i played a 4-4-2 att 1st season, I was quite inconsistent though. Gl hope you gain promotion:thup:

Will be stopping this challenge, am just not up for running the club team.

Will probably start a game with Brazilian, English, Australian, Chinese and South African top leagues loaded and start a high-end career game instead, although am tempted to load San Marino players and start as their International team and see where that takes me.

Well a fantastic season is at an end. Finished 8th in the league, mainly because of the amount of draws I had, couldn't buy a win for over 10 games.

Main success of the season was finishing 2nd in the Eufa cup. Truly an unbelievable run of form, players just love Europe. If they took Cup form into the league we could do wonders.

The Final was against A.C. Milan and tbh we played as well as them, just didn't score our chances.

Cup run means bank balance is extremely healthy but expect another ground upgrade, and training youth already being done.

San Marino 0-2 Inter More shots, clear cuts, possession etc for us, should have won. Ibrahimovic x2
Juventus 3-0 San Marino Played well again, strikers on strike.
Atalanta 1-0 San Marino Dominated all areas again but no goals.
San Marino 1-1 Fiorentina Dominated again, least we scored. Romero.
Bologna 2-2 Same old story, 3 times more shots than them. Pedro, Romero.
San Marino 0-0 Palermo They beat us up here but a point is a point.
Napoli 0-0 San Marino Youth team out ready for Europe, did well to get a draw.
Eufa Tottenham 2-2 San Marino Battled all the way to a good draw. Made lots of CCs. Pedro, Fernandez.
San Marino 0-0 Lazio We had nearly 20 shots, they had 3, bad point, should have had 3.
Eufa San Marino 3-2 Tottenham Scored after 9 minutes, Modric then scored 2, 1 a pen, we had player sent off on 45, 1 on 68 from WBL who only had this sub appearance all season!
DC scored header from corner in 93rd, were through!
Genoa 3-0 San Marino 3 shots 3 goals for them, bah!
San Marino 1-1 A.C. Milan Changed tactics to 2 dmcs as mcs been playing crap, worked. Dolcemascolo.
Uefa Ajax 1-0 San Marino Another game we dominated but didnt score. Theres on 89 minutes, gutted.
Torino 0-0 San Marino Youth team out, played well, could have won.
Uefa San Marino 3-0 Ajax Limited them to 2 shots all game, great performance. x2 Pedro Dolcemascolo
San Marino 2-1 Udinese A League Win! Dolcemascolo x2, one absolute class run through about 7 players and slotted home.
Ascoli 2-0 San Marino 2 penalties in first 10 minutes, finished game with 65% possession, didn't do anything with it though.
Uefa San Marino 0-0 Fiorentina We were awful, passed the ball more to them than to us. 
San Marino 4-1 Catania We were rampant with mixed youth team Aranburu, Dolcemascolo, Ceballos x2
Uefa Fiorentina 0-1 San Marino Very tight game we probably edged, own goal won it for us on 91 minutes!
San Marino 2-1 Mantova Played really well, they were lucky to get one. Dolcemascolo, Pezzalano.
Roma 3-1 San Marino Outplayed them for large chunks. Dolcemascolo got consolation goal on 95 mins.
Uefa Paris St-G. 1-1 San Marino Edgy game, 2 late goals. Dolcemascolo again.
Empoli 0-1 San Marino Empoli didn't turn up. Dolcemascolo scores 4 matches in a row.
Uefa San Marino 3-0 Paris St-G Awesome performance, scored early, didnt look back, they had player off on 60, cruise mode.
San Marino 1-0 Lecce Battling performance from our youngsters, sub scored in 76th Pezzalano
San Marino 1-0 Sampdoria Mixed youth and olds, whole team played 7.5+. Opare 
Uefa Final AC Milan 3-0 San Marino see above (Gutted)
Inter 1-2 San Marino Scrambled a win, loads of team away on internationals with league over-running. Wai Shing, Ruiz.
San Marino 0-1 Juventus Even more players on Int duty, lucky to lose by only 1.

Season Overview

After our Eufa Cup run ranking has risen quite a bit.

Full Seasons Transfers

Didn't qualify for Europe on Goal Difference! :(

Aye, had to many 0-0. Team finished 7th had 14 more goals. Also because AC Milan won it, and also won the league so in (CL), I think league gets an extra place. Not sure though. Shame I didn't draw in last game with Juve, would have been enough for Europe :(

New season.

Well I have a bug, no holidays for players, no upgrades started even though all approved, no pitch or team captain alterations.

Started a mass clear out of youth players 19-21 who haven't made the grade which has seen bank balance hit £30m. Also offloaded a few players I can replace with stronger.

Have a £20m transfer kitty but don't think I need any more players besides the few I have unless any youngsters crop up.

Problems now with my talent wanting extortionate wages which is effecting wage budget quite a lot. Got my first wages over £10k a week now :)

Gone for mid table finish.

Now taken the National Job but that's buggy as hell.

According to staff sheet had an assistant manager but in all other screens said I didnt. Had to sack him (was really good) and employ another.

Also got some class youngsters coming though the Serie A team, but I cant add them to national team or to national pool, can only scout them. They all say would love to play for San M but cant pick them!! :(

I have that problem with Negri, and his potential has dropped like a stone :( Still quite quick though so he might make it at national level. I also have Cordoba (Spanish 2nd Division) as a feeder club so my youngsters should get some decent facilities along with their first team football. Zavoli's just gone there as a matter of fact.

2027/28 Serie A Summer Transfer Window

Mostly big moves out although I did spend big to try and improve the squad if there was a player available. Out went Roberto to Barcelona (£15M + further £20M clauses), Wanderley to Arsenal (£11.25M), Marti to AC Milan (£2.5M), Breu to Arsenal (£10.5M), Constantin to Tottenham (£10.25M), Fedeli to AC Milan (£15.5M) and Emiliano to Valencia (£10.25M). Even though there were quite a few key squad members that left I feel that they have been replaced quite well, as Martin Mann and Ian Taylor came from Portsmouth, Martin McQuilken joined from Fulham, Marco Cogliandro left Inter for us and Mitchell Veld, the man who knocked us out of the UEFA Cup last year with 2 goals joined from Barcelona. Most of their fees is being paid through clauses and installments, so we finished the window with a balance of £64M. This will probably drop considerably over the season though. Mann is rated as a lot better than Canton, Taylor can "far exceed" Emiliano in the AMC role and he is being retrained to MC, McQuilken is a lot better than Constantin, Cogliandro is a lot better than Fedeli and Veld is better than Ricardo.

In the Champions League we didn't have to qualify, so we went straight through to the group stages where we got a fairly tough group:

Real Madrid (2nd in La Liga)- Obvious quality but only one player in their squad is 25 or younger, 2 more are under 30

Werder Bremen (2nd in 1.Bundesliga)- Could have easily finished 6th, and were nowhere near winners HSV

San Marino (3rd in Serie A)- We maybe need a better striker and better backups but the first team is solid

Fenerbache (League inactive)- A lot of youngsters and low quality greys.

All in all I think UEFA Cup is very likely at the least and we could maybe beat Real Madrid as their squad could be tiring faster. Werder should top the group but we aren't too far behind them I don't think.

Looks like your getting some real quality there.

You asked if they will upgrade the ground recently, see if they will build a new stadium? Don't know what they cost for a biggish one, £200m?

Good luck with that group in CL, your gonna need it I think. ;)

Having real problems in midfield again, just wont play no matter which of my 4 talented MCs play there. average low 5s to low 6s every bloody match, doin my head in.

Yeah it was, and we beat Werder Bremen 2-0 in the next game despite Veld, Ricardo and Liotta being out injured. Also, San Marino (National) are in the top 50 of the world for the first time ever, as 3 wins in a row against Liechtenstein (2-1), Georgia (4-0) and Ukraine (2-1) put us 40th and 3rd in our qualification group, but a 0-0 draw with Turkey meant we were 4 behind with 1 to play, so even a win against Belgium wouldn't be enough. We ended up beating Belgium 3-0 (Pareja x2, Zavoli) and with a decent group I reckon we can make a run at the world cup qualifying playoffs next campaign, as the quality of the national side has definitely improved.

Only played 3 games with national team so far.

San Marino 1-1 Iceland Ricci scored, good effort.

Czech rep 3-1 San Marino they scored 2 early doors, we had player sent off, then we gave em a good go Rossi scored, they replied instantly.

San Marino 1-2 Belgium Gave them a tough battle, but they scored 2 quickly after half time, we got consolation on 93mins from Ricci.

Press for last game is interesting, was a draw by all accounts :D Think my players need higher mental stats ;)

San Marino 1-0 Russia Kept them at bay until 71 minutes, we had 2 sitters before end but great effort.

Finished 2nd from bottom of group for WCQ beating Iceland. Up 5 places to 95th World rankings.

Hi chaps...Have just started this and as I'm at school doing nothing almost all day, I should be getting through it as quickly as time allows. Any tips as I start? I have a few loanees as have one my first 2 friendlies again better teams which bodes well. Again, any tips will be great, I'll put some screenies up later if i need to...

2027/28 Serie A First Half

Not as brilliant a first half as last season but we are still up in European contention as we had to wait for the new signings to acclimatise. Martin Mann has formed an effective partnership with Canton and we have the equal 3rd best defence in the league but we have only scored 16 goals, mostly as Antonelli and Cogliandro have struggled for goals. McQuilken is our top league scorer with 5 in the first half of the season, but Antonelli is closing in on him fairly quickly. In the Champions League it was a different story, as we topped our group easily, a 2-1 win over Werder Bremen in our final game securing our top spot after a 1-0 win over Fenerbache had secured qualification along with Real Madrid. In the First Knockout Round we play Tottenham, who are 3rd in the Premier League and challenging for the title. We only played one game in the Coppa Italia, as we entered in the First Round and went through comfortably with a 3-1 win over Serie B side Rimini, as Antonelli helped out a youthful side with a hat trick.

Here is a brief summary of the current first team squad:

Goalkeepers:

Ivan Cosic: The 25 year old is easily our first choice and is likely to be the number one for a while

Ben Catchpole: A solid backup for Cosic but may struggle with a regular role, although at 20 he could still improve

Nils Bertin: At 16 he has a lot of scope for improvement but played well in his only appearance to date (CI V Rimini)

Defenders:

Joaquin Esquivel: Top quality LB who is attracting interest from Arsenal, and is currently at his peak at the age of 30

Saul: First choice 27 year old right back who is in his 9th season with Titani and is easily first choice

Roland Weiner: Saul's backup who is 19 years old and still improving

Henry Savage: Esquivel's backup, also 19 andhas held his own in his 5 appearances this season

Nicolas Canton: First choice CB and at 25 is not at his peak yet

Jorge: Not many appearances for this 22 year old but I am keeping him for nationalisation purposes

Martin Mann: Took a while to acclimatise but has sealed his spot alongside Canton, hopefully for quite a few years

Victor Manuel: Able backup for either CB and is only 20

Ismail Yildiz: 16 year old German/Turk who has great potential

Kevin Eller: Will probably be offloaded once he takes up citizenship (200 days to go) as he is 3rd choice at LB

Midfielders:

Timo Hohn: 16 year old who has great potential and has made a couple of appearances in cups this season

Ricardo: 25 year old DM who is first choice alongside either Veld or Taylor

Roberto: The 19 year old who looks like he could be a first teamer for a while if he can improve slightly

Axier Garagarza: Is the backup for the CM position but may not make it further

Massimo Liotta: First choice RW at the club who has 37 assists in 3 seasons at Titani

Ian Taylor: Wonderkid AMRC who is backup at the moment for both Liotta and Veld

Corentin Bernard: At 18 he can improve but his pace is a great advantage

Sergio Guttierez Gomez: Not brilliant but the 20 year old is a decent LW backup

Martin McQuilken: Brilliant winger who has 6 goals and 4 assists this season

Mitchell Veld: Aging AMC but still first choice and a good player

Strikers:

Carlo Antonelli: Top club Goalscorer who hasn't finished in single figures for goals in any season at Titani, will be first choice for a long time

Marco Cogliandro: Hasn't scored as much as I'd like but has 5 assists and looks to be a good player

Marc Schalle: At 17 he has a lot of learning to do but he is a decent backup player at the moment

That's the squad done, now for the results so far this season:

Napoli 0-0 San Marino Low key start to the new season
San Marino 2-2 Parma Liotta and Canton make it 2 points from 2 games
Genoa 0-3 San Marino McQuilken x2 and Antonelli give us our first win of the season
San Marino 2-0 Fenerbache (CL) Schalle and Roberto make it a debut win in the Champions League
San Marino 0-0 Pistoiese 
Verona 0-1 San Marino McQuilken gives us a narrow win
San Marino 0-0 Roma
Werder Bremen 0-2 San Marino (CL) Taylor and Cogliandro score their first goals for Titani 
Inter 0-1 San Marino Schalle gives us a good win at San Siro
San Marino 0-0 Torino Another 0-0 home draw
San Marino 1-2 Real Madrid (CL) McQuilken gives us the lead but Madrid turn it around for the group lead
San Marino 0-1 Palermo Leaders Palermo still have no goals conceeded
Arezzo 0-2 San Marino Liotta and an O.G give us a vital win
Real Madrid 1-2 San Marino (CL) Antonelli and Taylor pull us level on points 
San Marino 0-0 Catania
Cavese 2-0 San Marino Very disappointing as we just couldn't finish
San Marino 2-1 Modena McQuilken breaks our home run with 2
Fenerbache 0-1 San Marino (CL) Jorge gives a young Titani side a win which puts us top
Chievo 2-0 San Marino Another disappointing loss
San Marino 2-1 Werder (CL) Taylor and Antonelli secure top spot
San Marino 1-0 Lazio Ricardo finally makes our dominance pay
San Marino 3-1 Rimini Antonelli's hat trick saves our embaressment
AC Milan 3-4 San Marino Esquivel, Liotta, Antonelli and Cogliandro give us another win at San Siro

Nice to win twice at San Siro but we are in 7th at the end of December, 3 points behind the CL spots.

National Team Update 2027

A brilliant year which saw us move up to 34th in the world rankings and come within 1 point of qualifying for the Euros, and if we could only have found a goal against urkey we would be off to the European Championship. Ah well, there's always next time.

Paci and Pareja have managed to cement their spot as front pairing for the country, as Paci added 5 to his tally and Pareja also added 5 to his total, and we struggled without them as we lost to Belgium.

Serbia 4-2 San Marino (Friendly) Bollini and Paci score consolations
Ukraine 2-1 San Marino Pareja put us ahead but we couldn't hold on for a valuable win
San Marino 1-1 Serbia (Friendly) Paci scores our equaliser in the 2nd Serbian friendly of the year
Belgium 2-1 San Marino Rossi pulls one back but too late
Liechtenstein 0-2 San Marino Backup Strikers Morreti and Nanni both score 
Georgia 0-4 San Marino Wow! Paci scores 2, Zurro adds a third and Pareja completes the rout
San Marino 2-1 Ukraine Pareja and Paci keep our hopes alive with a win over the leaders
San Marino 0-0 Turkey The draw ends our qualification hopes, we finish 3rd
San Marino 3-0 Belgium We sign off in style, Pareja scores 2 and Zavoli gets his 1st for the nation

Oh and on your collective advice I signed Mascio...He's UNREAL! And also a striker called Pietro Clemente who should score goals.

Mascio the MC from Cisco? Howd you get the cash, I still have £0

I got promoted every season till Serie A, only because of the quality you can get on frees and loans is astonishing given the size of club and reputation.

Some of the players I have from C1B are still playing for me or just been sold because getting on a bit. My most valuable player I have atm signed in C1B.

Challenge really starts when you reach Serie A. Wage budget grows slowly so you constantly lose your better players (basically a selling club), ground is small and max 15k capacity, plus cost to upgrade facilities and ground constantly mean you are walking a tightrope financially.

San Marino Season Review 08/09:

League Position - Serie C2/B - 2nd- Lost in Playoff Final. Endof1stseason.jpg

The playoffs were so disappointing, the first leg of the final (which I lost 4-1) creating a mountain that was insurmountable in the second leg. Yep, insurmountable! Serie C Cup - 3rd in Group Stage, did not go through.

Transfers: Got given a decent amount of money which I kinda naively spent, though all the players I brought in were brilliant. transfers1stseasons.jpg

Star Players: Only 2 to show who were worthy really.

17 year old centre midfielder Mascio was Player of the Year in Serie C, with 35 games, 10 goals and 11 assists.

PlayeroftheyearMascioendoffirstseas.jpg

Club Captain and Top Scorer in the League with 22 in all competitions, Pietro Clemente: ClubCaptainandtopscorerintheleagueC.jpg

2027/28 Serie A Second Half

This is going to be an update minus a game at the end of the season, as you will see for obvious reasons.

In the league we kept up with those in 4th and were never in danger of slipping lower than 7th. We were going to struggle to get any higher than 4th but in the end it came down to a battle between us and Inter, who had a game in hand against AC Milan and were level on points with us. In the end Inter won their last 2 games and we could only draw 0-0 twice in a row to finish 5th, but that is still a decent finish and I fancy our chances of winning the UEFA Cup next season. In the Coppa Italia we went out in the quarter finals on penalties to Palermo, who ended up winning that and the league. As an aside, Juventus were relegated in 19th place, completing the demise of one of Italy's biggest team

Here are the league results for the last half of the season:

San Marino 4-2 Juventus Antonelli, Cogliandro and a Taylor double give us a good start to the year
Bologna 0-5 San Marino Antonelli rips Bologna a new one with 4 goals, Cogliandro powers in a 5th
San Marino 1-1 Cagliari Cogliandro equalises
San Marino 0-0 Napoli
Parma 1-2 San Marino McQuilken and Antonelli give us a 3rd win in 5
San Marino 4-2 Genoa Antonelli, Esquivel, Taylor and Canton
Pistoiese 4-2 San Marino Cogliandro (x2) can't stop our first defeat of the year
Roma 2-0 San Marino
San Marino 2-1 Verona Liotta and Cogliandro stop the slide
San Marino 1-0 Inter Liotta makes it 3 out of 3 wins against the Milanese teams
Torino 1-0 San Marino
Palermo 3-0 San Marino
San Marino 0-0 Arezzo My 1000th game fizzles out into a draw
Catania 2-1 San Marino Taylor scores but it's not enough
San Marino 2-1 Cavese Antonelli scores 2 to halt a slide
Modena 0-2 San Marino Liotta scores a double
San Marino 0-1 AC Milan
San Marino 2-0 Chievo Antonelli and Bernard's first for Titani
Lazio 0-2 San Marino Bernard and Antonelli score again
Juventus 1-1 San Marino Guttierez Gomez scores a penalty
San Marino 0-0 Bologna
Cagliari 0-0 San Marino

Now for the Champions League, which was possibly the finest run in a competition ever for Titani, as we reached the final against Real Madrid, who beat AC Milan 3-2 on aggregate in the Semi final. Our route to the final was against Tottenham, Barcelona and Chelsea.

Tottenham:

Tottenham 3-2 San Marino

Mann and Antonelli score to give us vital away goals

San Marino 3-1 Tottenham

Antonelli quickly wipes out the deficit, Cogliandro gives us the lead and Canton secures our passage

Barcelona:

Barcelona 0-0 San Marino

We are left hanging on slightly but a good draw at Camp Nou

San Marino 1-0 Barcelona

A half fit Cogliandro scores early on and we desperately hang on to find ourself in the semi finals

Chelsea:

Chelsea 0-0 San Marino

Like the Barcelona away game, we hang on for a good draw at Stamford Bridge

San Marino 2-1 Chelsea

Ex-Titano Javier gives Chelsea the lead, but Cogliandro equalises in first half injury time. Chelsea would be going through on away goals but Taylor smashes in a free kick just after half time to put us through to the final, at San Siro!

The next update will be written as the final game is being played.

Champions League Final: San Marino vs Real Madrid

Real Madrid, winners for the past 2 years and 14 times winners overall, face off against relative minnows San Marino. Titani have never played in a European Final and this is their first year in the Champions League. The San Marino team is in, and here it is in full:

Ivan Cosic, the 25 year old keeper widely regarded as one of the best in Europe has been a fixture in this Titani side for the past 2 years

Emmanuel Musah, the Ghanain Right Back, bought in after Saul's injury, is inexperienced at this level and will be seen as the weak link in this defence

Nicolas Canton, he has made over 100 league appearances and is a firm part of this back four

Jorge, the replacement for Martin Mann, who will be missed through his suspension. Jorge has deputised admirably this season and it remains to be seen whether he will handle the pressure

Joaquin Esquivel, former Barca player and will be well known to Real's fans, he gets forward well and has a good partnership with Martin McQuilken.

Massimo Liotta, a major part of this team and is the creative force behind most of their attacks

Ian Taylor, the big money purchase last season is the reason Titani are in the final, and forms the link between midfield and attack

Axier Garagarza, a young player who still has to improve but the manager is limited in terms of options with Veld's ineligibility

Martin McQuilken, on the other wing, McQuilken has provided 9 goals and scored 8, but he is struggling back to fitness after a long injury

Marco Cogliandro, the £10M signing from Inter struggled earlier this season, but he has found some form and has a good partnership with Antonelli

Carlo Antonelli, the leading ever goalscorer for Titani who is yet to drop below double figures for a season's goal tally. He has 20 this year and what a time this would be to add to it

Its nearly time for kickoff so let's join our commentary team:

7 Minutes Miguel Angel goes through but Joaquin Esquivel intervenes and puts it out for a throw in

8 Minutes Jorge is given a booking for a shirt pull on Angel

11 Minutes Carsten Haas blasts over from 15 yards

13 Minutes Canton trips Haas and is booked

15 Minutes Angel goes through, Cosic saves and Sergio puts the rebound over

16 Minutes Angel is put through again and slips it under Cosic 1-0

18 Minutes Liotta swings one in and McQuilken nods in the equaliser 1-1

20 Minutes Haas wastes a big chance and slides it wide from 6 yards

26 Minutes Esquivel smashes over from the edge of the box

27 Minutes Angel latches onto a long ball and lobs Cosic 2-1

33 Minutes Jorge misses 2 chances in quick succession

34 Minutes Garagarza's shot is saved, Cogliandro bundles in the rebound but is called offside

38 Minutes Sergio collects a rebound and slides it home 3-1

At half time it is 3-1 to Real Madrid, and to be honest they probably deserve it, the Titani manager will be looking for a great improvement in the second half.

65 Minutes Miguel Angel is carried off injured

68 Minutes Cogliandro smashes it straight at the Madrid keeper

74 Minutes Cogliandro bundles it home, but again it is ruled offside

89 Minutes Antonelli misses a real chance with the goal gaping

Final Score Real Madrid 3-1 San Marino

A sad ending to the fairytale as Titani were outclassed today, although the manager will be furious at the disicion to disallow 2 goals from Cogliandro, although neither looked offside.

2028/29 Serie A Summer Transfer Window

Fairly big moves out and in to hopefully strengthen our squad for a tilt at the title. I was forced to offload Ian Taylor when Arsenal came in with a bid of £40M for him, and Canton also left to join Lazio for £11M. Catchpole joined Leeds and Esquivel was moved out to Tottenham, both for £7.5M.

You may be wondering why I let first choice players go, but rest assured there were replacements lined up. To replace Taylor, Gerardo Vega was bought from Barcelona and Patxi Otero returned to the club from Napoli, adding quality and depth to our midfield. Esquivel's replacement was Istvan Szabo, bought from Sevilla. Angelo Galli, a solid member of Palermo's title winning team that conceeded only 6 all season, was bought in to replace Canton. To strengthen our attack I decided to bring in Alessandro de Angelis, a striker who has scored over 110 goals for AC Milan in 6 seasons. Finally, returning to the club was Alejandro Cruz from Derby to challenge with Saul, as the risks of having only 1 right back were shown up last season in a big way.

We comfortably beat H. Tel Aviv in our only matches of the month, progressing to the UEFA Cup Group Stage with an 8-1 win on aggregate. An Antonelli double, Liotta, Szabo and Mann gave us a 5-0 away win and the youngsters along with a couple of first teamers won 3-1 at Olimpico, Boldrini (19 Year Old Uruaguay CB), De Angelis and Vega completed our win.

Archived