Wingers cutting in

From my experience if you set the wingers to cross rarely and set their through balls to mixed or often then they will tend to cut in more often plus enable free role. The other thing which will help as well is if you teach your wingers to Move Into Channels and Get Into Opposition Area. As for shooting from the edge of the box, you'll probably have to put their long shots on mixed or often. Try this out.

Also keep your central midfielders back a bit.

If either of your MC's have forward runs often they will crowd out the winger on that side.

For this reason you'll most likely get your wingers making cuts on counterattacking tactics. Straight up attacking/control tactics crowd the opposition area with players and your wingers will tend to hug the touchlines.

That and counteratacking tactics tend to be narrower, with play directed through the middle.

Also keep your central midfielders back a bit.

If either of your MC's have forward runs often they will crowd out the winger on that side.

For this reason you'll most likely get your wingers making cuts on counterattacking tactics. Straight up attacking/control tactics crowd the opposition area with players and your wingers will tend to hug the touchlines.

That and counteratacking tactics tend to be narrower, with play directed through the middle.

i agree with almost everything said here but i want to just make an additional note that whilst conventionally it is indeed flawed to have your MC's run in as well as your wingers cut in, such overloading tactics i've personally found are supremely effective against poor teams if you have high CF for said players set as well because AI teams can never handle the pressure.

Does anyone find this practice a bit extreme? I mean to be able to tell our wingers to do something as simple as to cut inside, you practically have to re-invent the wheel. Good thing we have just a simple box to tick for something like Free Role or Hold Up Ball, because I can't even begin to imagine the lengths to which we'd have to go to achieve those instructions.

most sliders are ******** as well. i seriuosly doubt that mourihno is gonna tell ibrahimovic or chivu: " HMMM, ok , Ibra, your CF is 13 today, and you chivu close down to 11"!!!! WTF?

You're looking at the sliders the wrong way.

One click means very little, in fact you won't even notice the difference.

So to make a noticeable change you'll need to move the slider about 5 notches anyway.

For this reason I only have 3 settings for creative freedom: None (5 clicks), Some (10 clicks) and Much (15 clicks).

Just as if there were only 3 notches.

The beauty of having 20 notches is that people can choose how many they can break it up into. Where I have three options, somebody else might want to have five (0, 5, 10, 15 and 20) or even ten options (2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18 and 20).

I'm sure you get my drift.

You're looking at the sliders the wrong way.

One click means very little, in fact you won't even notice the difference.

So to make a noticeable change you'll need to move the slider about 5 notches anyway.

For this reason I only have 3 settings for creative freedom: None (5 clicks), Some (10 clicks) and Much (15 clicks).

Just as if there were only 3 notches.

The beauty of having 20 notches is that people can choose how many they can break it up into. Where I have three options, somebody else might want to have five (0, 5, 10, 15 and 20) or even ten options (2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18 and 20).

I'm sure you get my drift.

To be honest, that's not entirely true. One click does have a difference and not that little. I have thought like this as well before but not anymore. In FM08, I realized that this was not the case. For example, in most matches I could adjust the tempo by just one notch (without adjusting anything else) and it would be the whole difference between a win and a draw or even possibly a loss.

To be honest, that's not entirely true. One click does have a difference and not that little. I have thought like this as well before but not anymore. In FM08, I realized that this was not the case. For example, in most matches I could adjust the tempo by just one notch (without adjusting anything else) and it would be the whole difference between a win and a draw or even possibly a loss.

That's impressive.

Archived