FM08: Official Man City Thread

Kaz_1983...

Originally posted by tbtaydn:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mysterio619:

Can anyone help me with tactic please. I'm stuggling with the current one.. My possession is almost always about 40% only. I have usually more shots than opponents, but only some of them are on target. My strikers can't score.

ManC.JPG

Please give me some advice about who to select and maybe You got some goot tactic for me?

Thanks in advance..

is there any possibility to buy nani without cheating??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why any City fan would play with a rag in the team (ability aside) is beyond me.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a few months into the season with city, had a bit of a ropey start, i put it down to players not gelling.

first of all, i sold richards. yes i know, he's awesome and all but couldn't resist the 17 mil.

players in:

marcelo grohe 3.5m

ever banega 3.9m

antonio barragan 9m

mauro zarate 3.4m

players out:

micah richards 17m

andreas isaksson 4.7m

Originally posted by Willgold76:

BJG, yeah, for me as well, Bianchi was the top Premier Goalscorer. though, Vaart and Bianchi were 1 and 2 in match rating, Bianchi had top goals, 2nd most assists, most MOM's and he didn't win any awards in the premiership. A travesty methinks

He ended up with 30 goals in 41 matches for me, 26 in the league, he won top goalscorer but didn't even get in the top three for Player's player of the year, or Footballer of the year, despite being "hotly tipped" for it, I got 2nd and 3rd in Footballer of the year though with Van Der Vaart and Elano. Player's Player of the Year seems to go to higher rep players, even though their average ratings were much lower than the top 3 in footballer of the year, it was Lampard, Van Persie and Gerrard, all had very average seasons.

Originally posted by Carwyn:

Has anyone else been given a 44 year kit deal?

I got given a 1 year deal for £641 million, check your finance screen though, it won't actually be for 44 years, just like mine wasn't actually for £641 million.

Originally posted by Carwyn:

Has anyone else been given a 44 year kit deal?

BJG, End of year, Vaart was tipped to win World Player of the year award, and shortlisted top 5. I'm manager of Nigeria, so of course i voted for him....wouldn't you know, he didn't even get to 3rd place.....weird and annoying

GK Ustari

RB Alves CB Corluka CB Arturo Vidal LB Abidal

RW Gasbarroni CM G.Fernandes CM Kaka LW Petrov

FC Palcio FC Cavani

The Rest - Hugo Lloris, Iganashevich, Pasanen, Balzaretti, Banega, Richards, Qualiarella, Nasri, Aguero, Bresciano, Alexis, Sturridge.

Im at the end of my second season i sold alot for a profit and sold a fair few i had already for high prices.

Bought Aaritalo for 300k - Sold for 23M To Barcelona

Bought Olivera For 900k - Sold for 5M to At Madrid

Bought Alex For 2.5M - Sold for 7M to Juventus

Bought Volkan for 4M - Sold for 8M to Real Madrid

Sold Bianchi for 16M to Milan

Sold Michael Johnson for 12.5M to Aston Villa

Sold Nedum Onuoha for 9M to Magpies

Sold Dunne For 8M to Magpies

Sold Elano For 27M To Sevilla

Total Profit = 115.5M (about) + 130M or more for rewards and winning stuff second season won prem and champion league

Total profit = 245.5M+ 2 seasons

There The Big Sales But there Are many More minor 1ns.

Bought most With 50% of next sale just because i no im not guna play that game long enough to sell them. Oh an Sacrifised as much Wage as possiple.

Bought Palacio - 6M +50%

Bought Ignashevich - Free

Bought Banega - 800k +50%

Bought Pasanen - Free

Bought Gasbarroni - Free

Bought Quagliarella - 25M

Bought Abidal - 19.5M

Bought Bresciano - 15M +50% + Ireland buy bk 18M

Bought Balzaretti - 8M +50%

Bought Vidal - 7M +50%

Bought Cavani - 31M

Bought Ustari - 7M +50% + Kasper

Bought Aguero - 34M +25%

Bought Kaka - 29M +50% (was transfer listed by request)

Bought Alexis - 12M +50%

Bought Alves - 32M

Bought Nasri - 13M +50%

Total Spending = 239.3

Bianchi is very good,but i sold him,for 15m,as well as elano-26m,Belluschi 24m,Fernandes 14m!Bought Cavani,Fernandez!!!,Ninis,Barnes,Breno, Benega,and some young players,still don`t know how they`ll turn out!In the 2 season won the championship and premier league!Buy Fernandez, he is the best in the amc role,and he wants to come.Only thing I need is a gk.Any suggestions?

hello i am also playing mancity game can anyone tell me how much u guys spend for Rafael Sobis b'cas my 16m offer got rejected in jan transfer window(1st season)

My season so far. Great young team to start with and have added to it well with youth and experience.

Team Rating: Out of 5 stars

FC Palacio:* * * * * Must buy

AMR Walcott: Hasnt played yet but ive replaced him for the injured farfan done well before injury.

AML Petrov:* * * * Great player but can be inconsistent

MC Van Der Vaart: * * * * * Fantastic great playmaker

MC Johnson: * * * Doing well but still young.

DM Fernandes: * * * Very solid and picks out great long passes

DR Richards: * * * * * Defends like a wall

DL Garrido: * * * Where I hope to improve next, too slow

DC Corluka: * * * * Solid and scores important goals

DC Breno: Bought in January to replace dunne and looks good.

GK Isakkson: * * * Solid but hope to replace soon

The Team:

untitled-2.jpg

Transfers:

untitled2.jpg

League:

untitled3.jpg

Hey Ajax,

What sort of team/player instructions are you using? I've just started a Man City career and think this formation suits my team well. Judging by your league position you look as though you've got it sorted!

Have you finished the season yet?

OK, not a city fans but interested in challenging top 4. icon14.gif

took over city in nov/dec time after eriksson managed to get them 18th in league.

not much money (about 9.75m)

so. ... bought Almunia, Sidwell and Rocha (tottenham) because they were transfer listed. This is only for january to bulk out the squad a bit (as injuries was main reason for decline).

hopefully I'll see a considerable profit and have more money in summer.

Eriksson had previously bought 3 guys: Nicolita, venta and some youngster DR.

SQUAD

1st XI/2nd XI

GK - Almunia, Isaksson

DR - Richards, Venta

DL - Garrido, Ball

DC - Dunne, Rocha

DC - Corluka, Onuoho

MR - Elano, Nicolita

ML - Petrov, Vassell

MC - Giovanni, Ireland

MC - Sidwell, Johnson

ST - Bianchi, Bojinov

ST - Samaras, Mpenza

However, thinking about getting rid of -

Ball

Nicolita (at least in reserves)

Vassell

Mpenza

Samaras will act as a backup striker

so any help on obtaining the following is much appreciated:

DL

MR

ML

ST

Originally posted by rcrerie:

Hey Ajax,

What sort of team/player instructions are you using? I've just started a Man City career and think this formation suits my team well. Judging by your league position you look as though you've got it sorted!

Have you finished the season yet?

As you can see I use plenty of pace in the team which i find helps big time. Palacio is sure of a goal every game so defo buy him. As for team instructions i leave everything even expect for attacking(click until it says attacking) and closing down at 3 quarters

Logan comes good with first team football for dl. Farfan is a vg mr for 6.25. I dont know why you need a ml since petrov is there but farfan is also a ml so you could rotate him if petrov gets injured. FC.......PALACIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Use the board adjustment to up the transfer budget.

Just finished my first season with Man City, finished third in the league, and knocked out very early in both cup competitions, basically kept the same team, i still feel i can improve in the centre back, left back and goalkeeper positions though, any info on who would do a good job? i signed sol campbell and jermain defoe, but both seem to be pretty poor so hoping to get rid of them in the summer. so maybe another young cheap but good striker, any help would be appreciated icon_smile.gif

Opinions please:

Just finished my first season with Man City, Won both domestic cups and finished 4th in the league. What i'm wanting to know is how you would improve my team:

GK - Isaksson

LB - Garrido

CB - Corluka

CB - Dunne

RB - Richards

DM - Fernandes

CM - Elano

CM - Van Der Varrt

CM - Bullischi

ST - Petrov

ST - Bianchi

S1 - Schmeical

S2 - Onuoha

S3 - Y.Gorcuff(Just got him for £5m)

S4 - Aaritalo(sp?)

S5 - M.Johnson

Got £29million from the board and currently in the middle of trying to buy Breno.

Who would you suggest? I'm concerned that Bianchi scored very little for me and most of my goals came from midfield. Also have doubts over Garrido and thinking of getting rid of Dunne....well aslong as i can keep hold of Richards.

So who would you have on your shopping list then?

how do, just starting a season as Man City here, Im a diehard Rangers fan but I fancied Man City from before the season started, stuck a cheekie 10 spot on them to, to be in the top 6!

anyways, had a look at the side in the Editor and the finances say there is a transfer kitty of 5.5 mill, with Mr Shinawatra already promising funds in January IRL, could any city fans give me a heads up as to what to put the transfer kitty to in the editor to reflect real life, presuming he will make more than 5 and a half mill available!

Originally posted by therabbitt82:

how do, just starting a season as Man City here, Im a diehard Rangers fan but I fancied Man City from before the season started, stuck a cheekie 10 spot on them to, to be in the top 6!

anyways, had a look at the side in the Editor and the finances say there is a transfer kitty of 5.5 mill, with Mr Shinawatra already promising funds in January IRL, could any city fans give me a heads up as to what to put the transfer kitty to in the editor to reflect real life, presuming he will make more than 5 and a half mill available!

Dont do that thats cheating!

Originally posted by therabbitt82:

i dont think it is boss,

when the game was made, Mr Sinawatra hadnt made it clear there would be funds available in January, if they are being linked with "quality players" according the chairman, then they dont come with £5.5 mill price tags!!

Ah yeh but its a game, deal with what your given.

hey new to the forum.

I took over at city made the following changes.

out: dabo, mills, mpenza, corradi

in: cudicini, swp, mutu

Cudicini

Richards Corluka Dunne Garrido

SWP Johnson Gelson/Hamann Petrov

Elano

Mutu

Top of the table so far after 18 games, elano has scored 18 times, and mutu has scored a couple, and johnson is a wonderkid!! mutu is awesome on this game he and elano link up so well!! And riquelme is joining in the transfer window

shame mutu don't want to join us lol

Hey guys, had the game for a while but never really had time to get started, i have now started my game and gone Man City of course. its a good challenge some fab players so see how it goes. i have made a few changes in pre season which follows.

Outs.

Sun Jihai - 3.4m

Daniel Sturridge - 2.2m

Stephen Ireland - 3.8m

Giorgos Samaras - 2.5m

and other little sales.

Ins.

Mauro Zarate - 2.9m (Bargain so far)

Mika Aaritalo - 200k

Matias Fernandez - 7.5m (cant believe i got him)

Rafael Van Der Vaart - 9m (Must buy)

Kevin McDonald - 400k

As you can see a couple of decent transfers most impressed with matias fernandez wot a player.

so what you think of the few changes i have made?

what formation you rekon suits my team?

cheers JP

Looks like your building a team similar to the one i have(see reply a few up). Just bought Zarate myself and loaned to one of the affiliates(sp?) How does he perform in the Premier??

Think i'm going to try for Fernandez, everyone seems to rate him v highly, epsc as Bullischi is moaning i wont let him leave the club!!

just signed diego from werder bremen icon_cool.gif oh yes what a legend!!

can anyone recommend any strikers please?? samaras is poo, vassell rarely scores, and bianchi fluffs so many chance, plus my main man mutu is out for 4 months

has anyone played with bojinov yet?? is he any good?

bojinov missed the whole of my 1st season through injury, finished 4th though icon_cool.gif

and after 2nd season he was in my best 11, so hes well worth playing, scored a couple of absolute stunners as well, ran from half way, took on 3/4 and smashed the shot from edge of area into top corner, so hes worth giving a few games to. finished 5th in 2nd season and just got myself a new 2year contract, 63mill to spend after Thaksin sold Van der Vaart for £15, also close to selling Corluka for £41m! so need a good replacement, might go after Richards again. Thaksin sold Johnson to Pompey for 14m plus 20%, they got relegated so ive nearly signed him back for £8.5, will i get 20% back?!?!?!

Originally posted by craggy8:

Could'nt believe it Shinawatra (SP) sold Richards for £15m to Chelsea just 2 weeks before transfer deadline day in my first season. Any ideas for a replacement. Got £29m to spend

I am lucky, Chelsea offer 61 million for Micah Richards, and my board accept, if me, I also will accept..get Breno..good defender

• 2 weeks later...

so far so good

i've just started a game with Man City with the new patch

after a few months (currently September) i'm 2nd

with 4 wins and 1 draw. 2 points behind Man Utd

i'm currently playing 4-1-2-2-1 my starting XI are:

GK : K. Schmeichel

DR : M. Richards

DC : V. Corluka

DC : R. Dunne

DL : J. Garrido

DM : E. Banega

MR : V. Bojinov (how come he is not injured?)

ML : M. Petrov

AMC : R. Van Der Vaart

AMC : Elano

FC : R. Bianchi

Players in :

Rafael Van Der Vaart - 14.5m euros

Mauro Zarate - 4.4m euros

Henri Saivet - 375k euros

Ever Banega - 8m euros (a bit pricey)

Christopher Samba - 2.6m euros

Players out :

Ashley Grimes - to Luton on loan

Marc Laid - free transfered

Nedum Onuoha - to Middlesbrough - 3.2m euros

Originally posted by rhysmcfc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tbtaydn:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mysterio619:

Can anyone help me with tactic please. I'm stuggling with the current one.. My possession is almost always about 40% only. I have usually more shots than opponents, but only some of them are on target. My strikers can't score.

ManC.JPG

Please give me some advice about who to select and maybe You got some goot tactic for me?

Thanks in advance..

is there any possibility to buy nani without cheating??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why any City fan would play with a rag in the team (ability aside) is beyond me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That tactic is awful. Corluka and richards should swap places, get rid of the arrow for the RB. 4-4-2 diamond usually has possession issues. With all your players running forward, it prob. gets even worse.

i've started a city game now but the only problem i'm having is getting rid of players who i really don't want and are unhappy. Samaras and Vassel are annoyed because i bought palacio. I've transfer listed both of them and offered them to clubs but no one seems to want them.

also saivet, sakho and wjidulam( unsure, feyenoord player) all rejected my deals)

however, i should soon have v.der vaart and got lulinha next year so not all doom and gloom.

but chelsea and r.madrid are hounding on micah and i'm tempted to sell for 20M yet don't really want to as i like him IRL and he did great for ym arsenal game beforehand.

In a 4-4-2

GK – Isaksson, Schmeichel

CB – Richards, Dunne, Ignashevich, Onuoha

LB – Garrido, Ball/Logan

RB- Corluka, Sun Jihai

DM – Hamann, Fernandes

CM – Dabo, Johnson

LM – Petrov, Leto [on loan]

RM – Geovanni, Ireland, [Elano]

ST – Vassell, Elano

CF – Bianchi, Mpenza/Samaras

POSITIONS I NEED REPLACE/IMPROVE ARE IN BOLD ^^^

Dabo changed from CM to DM and replace Hamann (unless Hamann proves me wrong icon_wink.gif )

Make Garrido the back up

and briing in a quality 1st choice for this position.

Somebody to replace Leto at the end of the season, somebody who can play on the left/right and is winger/playmaker.

OK fella any idea for the following positions with budjet I'll have - [see I'm not sure what my transfer budjet will be come the end of the 1st season? anybody know?]

1] - Quality left/right winger/playmaker.

2] - Solid left back

3] - CM with excellent passing range – can run the game/pull the strings.

HI guys, Im currently playng as Man City, I'm top of the Premier League using my own formation I made, Im 6 points clear of Chelsea (they have a game in hand). Im in the January transfer window in my second season (can post screenshots) and have made quite a few good signings but Im totally stuck for a decent left back. Ball has played nearly every game as Garrido just doesnt do it for me. I have spent hours looking for a decent player as its the only position I havent got cover for, but just cant find anyone willing to come for under 20 mil. Iv read these forums but no one fits the bill, or the ones the do would have no intention of joining. Any good ideas? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

End of second season, got top 4 places both seasons. Current team is:

Gordon

Richards, Corluka, Felipe, Garrido

Jean Il Makoun, Johnson/ Gelson Fernandes

Elano, Mati Fernandez, Modric

Bianchi, Vagner Love

Subs: Ben Foster, Ignashevic, Onouha, Petrov, Santana, Sturridge

Mati Fernandez especially has been incredible. I play a 4-2-3-1 with 2 MCs with defensive arrows, with AMR, AML and AMC, who has an arrow up to the lone striker.

Where would you improve my team? I'm looking at left backs especially, but there aren't that many good left backs on the game IMO. Also, looking at one or two 'special' players who can make the difference between 2nd or 3rd and 1st. E.g. Aguero, Van der Vaart etc.

Evening all.

I started a Man City game a few days back, using the 'bottom at christmas challenge' I basically started a game in England went on holiday for six months then looked to see who was bottom at Christmas. Obviously it was Man City who I ended up with(see table below)

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/1197/lac1cf8.jpg

Then the end of the season table.

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/516/lac2kv5.jpg

Amazing run of games really, beat United, Chelsea and Liverpool in the second half of the season. And managed to secure champions league football. I had quite a bit to spend in the summer.

This is my current side.

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/9686/manc1bn2.jpg

Doing pretty well to be honest, Bianchi has been outstanding. Second top scorer in the league last year after only scored twice for the club before I joined at Christmas. I spent a fortune on Akinveev but I would of had to pay the same for ustari or ochoa so I'm happy with that.

As I said I'm doing well at present but if anyone sees any glaring weakness then give me a shout. I was more curious about how good the board is. I spent 40m+ million in the summer. Mainly because I had 15m before the new budget came in so I quickly spent it on some players then was offer 27m budget for the following season. I've already rejected a 30m from milan for Richards. I realise though in the long run I need to buy a world class stiker, possible Villa or Aguerro so I'll be looking for major funding in the summer.

Ohh and just for the record if you ever see Torsten Frings unhappy try and snap him up. He has done very well so far in the premiership. I don't normally buy players over 30 but he was unhappy and I got him for 4.7m and his value is already 5.25m

Archived