Happy Valentine's Day - FM 8.02 patch & data update available now! **UPDATED 20/2/08**

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone help? I downloaded the patch for worldwide soccer manager and my friend downloaded the patch for Football manager - we can no longer hook up to play on line. We had no problems with the original versions of the game. Any ideas?

ive not been on forum since lastnite so wots new patch like any diffrence cant be botherd to go through all post to see wot people have said.

i did't have any trouble with last patch to be honest so i mite be one of lucky one's,

seems daft to me vo si releasing new patch only with defoe and turkish problems fixed when there woz all those other so called issues like too many high scoring games and defenders scoring like mad,so im just wondering wot people think

There seems to be some ambiguity as to whether or not this patch does anything more than fix the Defoe and Turkish game problems. Could someone confirm exactly what this patch does and whether or not it needs to be downloaded if the aforementioned financial errors have already been corrected manually?

In other words, is it just a data update or a game update?

Grateful for any responses - I am, for one, confused.

C.

Originally posted by crouchaldinho:

There seems to be some ambiguity as to whether or not this patch does anything more than fix the Defoe and Turkish game problems. Could someone confirm exactly what this patch does and whether or not it needs to be downloaded if the aforementioned financial errors have already been corrected manually?

C.

I've just downloaded the bit torrent file. Having re-installed FM08 on my computer it appears that it is the same 8.0.2 as before but with the fixes to the Defoe and Turkish financial problems as well so you don't have to download it if you have already updated the game in your editor. But don't quote me on that because I'm not the greatest with technology.

Originally posted by GoDi:

Woot, is SI saying theres nothing wrong with the corners atm? Or did I misunderstand u?

Hearing ppl having defenders whipping attackers in scoring just doesn't sound right to me :p

It's already been said by SI that it won't be, as it's avoidable if you don't want to experience it.

Isn't that clear enough, it's AVOIDABLE if you don't want to experience it.

For those people puzzled as to why the whole patch is replaced to fix a couple of bugs, it's because there are people yet to even buy the game who will autopatch, it avoids ambiguity and confusion for them.

Plenty of people will still have the original 8.02 patch on their hard drives for those who kind of like the corner bug.

Best of both worlds really icon_smile.gif

Guest Maestro Kim

FIRST, Thanks for SI's work..

BUT, I have a question.

galatasa & fenerba's ticket price is same as 8.02(2.14 version)..did you really fix it's financial bug???

Originally posted by Maestro Kim:

FIRST, Thanks for SI's work..

BUT, I have a question.

galatasa & fenerba's ticket price is same as 8.02(2.14 version)..did you really fix it's financial bug???

You really don't know much about how the game works do you?

It's "adjusted"

Originally posted by Crazy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crouchaldinho:

C.

I've just downloaded the bit torrent file. Having re-installed FM08 on my computer it appears that it is the same 8.0.2 as before but with the fixes to the Defoe and Turkish financial problems as well so you don't have to download it if you have already updated the game in your editor. But don't quote me on that because I'm not the greatest with technology. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Crazy-Thanks for this reponse - that was the conclusion that I was beginning to reach. If this is the case (that it is only a data update) then I will not worry about downloading it as I have already made the fixes manually.

C.

"Update: we will keep an eye on the forums this weekend, with a view to re-issuing the patches next week.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Miles Jacobson, 18 February 2008 13:45"

this is from one of the sticky, this new updated patch is it the one you have updated last night or are you still planning to release another patch next week. please explain as i am confused.

thanks SI

Quick question - I've just downloaded the updated patch (from the first link in the list in the first post of this thread) and noticed that the file created date is the 14/02/08 - shouldn't that be 20/02/08 or whenever SI actually created the new updated patch file?

Apologies if I've got this wrong, just seems odd to me!

Originally posted by oggie26:

"Update: we will keep an eye on the forums this weekend, with a view to re-issuing the patches next week.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Miles Jacobson, 18 February 2008 13:45"

this is from one of the sticky, this new updated patch is it the one you have updated last night or are you still planning to release another patch next week. please explain as i am confused.

thanks SI

20/2/08

We've updated the patches below with the Defoe fix plus a change to the Turkish finances. The Worldwide Soccer Manager and Futbol Manager digital download patches are still undergoing testing and will be available soon

From the very first post in this thread, surely that's clear enough.

Originally posted by Anapony:

Can someone help? I downloaded the patch for worldwide soccer manager and my friend downloaded the patch for Football manager - we can no longer hook up to play on line. We had no problems with the original versions of the game. Any ideas?

They are probably slightly different versions.

• SI Staff
Originally posted by camel:

Can SI confirm how they changed the Turkish clubs bug please? Because they haven't done it by the way they suggested in the workaround (they haven't reduced ticket prices by £5).

Thanks for the patch anyway.

The fix was in the game code not the database.

Originally posted by iceshake:

Mirror of the updated 8.02 patch:

Football Manager 2008 PC BOXED

http://www.ut3.yourfirstcreditcard.com/fm2008_802_boxed_pc.rar

Use winrar to extract. More mirrors arriving soon.

Is the patch updated in this mirror? i checked the editor and it still states that portsmouth is still paying per league game for defoe...

Gee yes it is getting more and more confusing.

Can I just ask if it is worth to download the 8.0.2 patch or should I just stick with the 8.0.1 game considering the many problems with this new patch?

Which option will be better?

And if I do need to patch it to the .2 one, can anyone post the latest link that is correct as of 20.2.08? I really don't want to be caught in the defoe bug!

Thanks!!!

Originally posted by hoddle1404:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iceshake:

Is the patch updated in this mirror? i checked the editor and it still states that portsmouth is still paying per league game for defoe... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's your build version of the game?

Originally posted by Rafe83:

Gee yes it is getting more and more confusing.

Can I just ask if it is worth to download the 8.0.2 patch or should I just stick with the 8.0.1 game considering the many problems with this new patch?

Which option will be better?

And if I do need to patch it to the .2 one, can anyone post the latest link that is correct as of 20.2.08? I really don't want to be caught in the defoe bug!

Thanks!!!

I recommend downloading 8.0.2. It's more realistic. The link is on the first page of this thread and YES it has the updated fixes for Defoe and the Turkish leagues. If you haven't got bit torrent wait a while because I think SI will be posting the mirrors soon. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hoddle1404:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iceshake:

Is the patch updated in this mirror? i checked the editor and it still states that portsmouth is still paying per league game for defoe... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's your build version of the game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it says 8.02 117931(m.e v655)

Originally posted by hoddle1404:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hoddle1404:

What's your build version of the game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it says 8.02 117931(m.e v655) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's an old build.

@hoddle1404:

I mirrored it from the working torrent. It is the updated version. If another person reports issues, I will take down this mirror to check.

anyway thanks mate.. icon_wink.gif maybe i just wait and dl another from a different mirror to double check..

Originally posted by Fred_the_Red:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fred_the_Red:

Wait? Has the 0.2 patch been updated? Or is it still the orginal patch from 14th????

Anyone??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How about you read the thread title, the first post and some posts, then you might know.

its been updated in the sence of defoe and turkey problem,ive installed it but not played a game yet but i never had any problems with original 8.0.2,

if yor 1 of people suffering from too many goals and goals from cornors or defenders scoring like mad then i dont think owts been changed ther cos i think they see it more as yor tactics then a bug

Mirrors of the updated 8.02 patch:

Football Manager 2008 - PC (boxed)

Use WINRAR to extract.

Football Manager 2008 - Mac (boxed)

http://www.ut3.yourfirstcreditcard.com/fm2008_802_boxed-mac.dmg

Worldwide Soccer Manager Mac (Boxed)

http://www.ut3.yourfirstcreditcard.com/wsm2008_802_boxed-mac.dmg

No registration. Download manager supported.

And I wish SI could have named this 8.02a or something like that.

hey guys just a quick question ...if any 1 could get bk to me today that would be great!

just wonderin....i installed the new update and have that runnin but i have also downloaded the face pack for all the teams and league...does anybody kno how i get them into my game?? icon_confused.gif

thanks icon14.gif

Originally posted by 4457:

No offence mate, but with a URL like that I think I'd be better off a) continuing with my torrent or b) waiting for an official SI mirror.

No worries at all. I understand that they are dubious mirrors out there. I'm just trying to put my excess bandwidth to good use. All the mirrors are obtained from the torrents direct. Other users on page 9 of this thread are grateful for my mirrors of the previous 8.02 version.

My biggest worry is that my site might be unable to take the load.

Archived