Happy Valentine's Day - FM 8.02 patch & data update available now! **UPDATED 20/2/08**

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Marc Duffy:

Check the first post in this thread. The torrents have been updated (where stated) to include new fixes.

Mirrors will be updated from tomorrow.

This means that nothing has changed, only the known errors were fixed?

Then I can continue playing my new game from the last weekend. icon_smile.gif

Check the first post in this thread. The torrents have been updated (where stated) to include new fixes.

If I was (or you - I'm not fussy!!) a woman - would you marry me?

I've tried downloading the torrent with no success (Unable to access page, or something daft) so I downloaded the mirror above there, and it downloaded and now I've no idea where it is???....

My PC is Vista and I'm baffled.

Perhaps I need to install WINRAR too?

Originally posted by Walls:

I doubt they fixed the match engine, too little time, i srsly wldnt mind 8.01 match engine with the other changes from 8.02 re-issue...that would make the perfect game.

8.0.2 Football Manager patch released and updated 20/2/08

20/2/08

We've updated the patches below with the Defoe fix plus a change to the Turkish finances. The Worldwide Soccer Manager and Futbol Manager digital download patches are still undergoing testing and will be available soon

All mirrors will be updated from tomorrow

Its quite clear what is and isnt included i think

Originally posted by jimmywils:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Walls:

I doubt they fixed the match engine, too little time, i srsly wldnt mind 8.01 match engine with the other changes from 8.02 re-issue...that would make the perfect game.

8.0.2 Football Manager patch released and updated 20/2/08

20/2/08

We've updated the patches below with the Defoe fix plus a change to the Turkish finances. The Worldwide Soccer Manager and Futbol Manager digital download patches are still undergoing testing and will be available soon

All mirrors will be updated from tomorrow

Its quite clear what is and isnt included i think </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ye i know, theres no way they would have fixed the match engine and released it so soon, but oh well guess we'll have to live with it. icon_wink.gif

Good news. \o/ but that second bit means if I'm not downloading by torrent then I'll have to wait until tomorrow right?

Thanks. icon14.gif

Originally posted by Andrei_cilly:

man,this is ridiculous...I can't believe that this is the final patch.We'll have to get used to defenders scoring 30 per season until fm2009.

I think SI are ashamed right now to release a fixed patch,because it will ruin completely their reputation,being not the first time this kind of things happen(remember 7.0.2b)

I can guarantee you that no team is scoring 30 goals per game.

Originally posted by fcdallas1982:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andrei_cilly:

man,this is ridiculous...I can't believe that this is the final patch.We'll have to get used to defenders scoring 30 per season until fm2009.

I think SI are ashamed right now to release a fixed patch,because it will ruin completely their reputation,being not the first time this kind of things happen(remember 7.0.2b)

I can guarantee you that no team is scoring 30 goals per game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He said 30 goals per season

Yes, I noticed you are. icon_smile.gif

This patch only fixes a couple of English league mistakes + a Turkish league problem. It may add a few transfers here and there, but overall it doesn't change the game too much unless you play the English or Turkish leagues.

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Luís Silvares:

Rapidshare mirror for this new release of the 8.0.2 patch:

http://rapidshare.com/files/93562173/fm2008_802_boxed-pc.rar

Are you sure of this? It's certainly a different link anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uploaded it myself. It's the new version, really icon_wink.gif Test it at will!

Originally posted by Luís Silvares:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Luís Silvares:

Rapidshare mirror for this new release of the 8.0.2 patch:

http://rapidshare.com/files/93562173/fm2008_802_boxed-pc.rar

Are you sure of this? It's certainly a different link anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uploaded it myself. It's the new version, really icon_wink.gif Test it at will! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've just installed it and had a look at it and it seems to be the right one. Thank you very much. icon14.gif

Originally posted by Replika:

I just wonder if the update only fix Defoe issue, why does it take a long time icon_frown.gif

Because it carries the same data update as the original 8.0.2 patch. Those who didn't patch previously would need the full data update as well.

Have some question relating the fix for the people who have tried this already:

- How do i recognise if the patch is installed? (Nr?)

- Are the only diferences the one mentioned by Miles?

- Did the Database change?

Im going to try it out myself now... but just wanted to know beforehand... icon_cool.gif

Thanks!

wtf, why did you decided to relesse new 8.02 build?

Will be 8/02 - old and 8/02 - new compatible in metwork (online) games?

Why do you realise new patch, which fix 2 problems, and can't fix other problems - with second teams in Ukraine and Russia, for example. I feel it's unfair - you have quickly fixed problems with English Premier League and main bug with Turk finances, and forget about other country...

wtf, why did you decided to release new 8.02 build?

Will be 8/02 - old and 8/02 - new compatible in network (online) games?

Why do you realise new patch, which fix 2 problems, and can't fix other problems - with second teams in Ukraine and Russia, for example. I feel it's unfair - you have quickly fixed problems with English Premier League and main bug with Turk finances, and forget about other country...

some mistakes fixed))

Just a thought.. does the quality of the game (or rather fun obtained from it) affect tolerance of bugs? I recall having an absolute blast with an old game called Hidden And Dangerous. It was absolutely riddled with bugs, including very thick team mates who tended to wander to their deaths while you were battling away against legions of rather dangerous German chaps. Anyway, the point is, I wasn't that bothered about the bugs because despite it all the gameplay was pure gold. I had so much fun. When I heard one of the Germans shout "Englander" I'd absolutely crap myself and the game was great for the ability to do that! FM on the other hand, well to be honest it's lost that fun side, and I think maybe that's why I and others can't tolerate all the bugs. Maybe it's not even the bugs we're really that ****ed about. Maybe it's just the game going in the wrong direction and that's why we're all so vocal. Anyone?

Archived