Happy Valentine's Day - FM 8.02 patch & data update available now! **UPDATED 20/2/08**

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kieran4392

how come when i try to download the update with bittorrent, it wont let me, is there any other way that i can download it without using bittorrent?

Originally posted by Maccer40:

ive just d/l the update and i have dragged it into my fm08 folder ..... i ran the programme and it has said it has updated all 42 files .... but when i play on fm08 ..... NOTHING IS THERE ... it still says version 8.0 .... how do i do it !!!!

Same here, when i start a new game it shows de 8.0.1 update and not the 8.0.2, is it normal?

Apologies if this problem has already been resolved I'm not very fluent in computer jargon. Basically Ive downloaded the update for Mac and when I go to open it the computer asks me to find a program to run the download on. Ive tried with the game but that hasn't worked. Any help would be muchly appreciated.

Originally posted by Cram123:

Apologies if this problem has already been resolved I'm not very fluent in computer jargon. Basically Ive downloaded the update for Mac and when I go to open it the computer asks me to find a program to run the download on. Ive tried with the game but that hasn't worked. Any help would be muchly appreciated.

Cram123, it sounds like you just downloaded the Torrent File.

If so, you need to get hold of a program such as Transmission to download the actual patch. It is a dmg file and will be over 100mb in size.

Sorry for double posts.

But Portsmouth still have one more problem:

That contract clause of L.Diarra - We should change from chelsea to Arsenal.

So we should change the topic "8.02 - 3 know issues and workaround" to "8.02 - 4 know issues and workaround"

the only thing that SI needed to change from the 8.0.1 to the 8.0.2 patch was :

1. the transfers update

2. the high standard of grey teams (needed

reduced)

3.board confidence

4.reduce the amount of shots in a game , possibly every now and then forwards could round keepers , but only on rare occasions

apart from these i feel that IMO everything else was fine . therefore there was no need to increase the scores of matches , increase chances of scoring from corners etc .

Originally posted by celtichuddle:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by neil220779:

ok, so I've downloaded the patch to my mac, but don't know how to apply it to the game. icon_confused.gif

Just open the .dmg, double click the .pkg rest will take care of itself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats what I thought, but still no sign of the updates when I start a new game icon_confused.gif

Originally posted by neil220779:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by celtichuddle:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by neil220779:

ok, so I've downloaded the patch to my mac, but don't know how to apply it to the game. icon_confused.gif

Just open the .dmg, double click the .pkg rest will take care of itself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats what I thought, but still no sign of the updates when I start a new game icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you goto Options..Game Status what version is it showing there?

Originally posted by neil220779:

8.0.0 110034

This is on my desk top

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj52/ndebergerac/Picture1.jpg

I'm guessing from your location etc, that you are in the States, if so did you buy WWSM by electronic download? If so, it looks like you have downloaded the wrong patch. I bought through esellerate and my dmg is named wsm2008_802_digital-mac

Check that you have downloaded the correct version mate.

Originally posted by Zebster:

This is really funny, I'm lauching my @ss off...

No but for real, when are you guys gonna release the "real" 8.0.2 patch? Cause this patch has more wrongs than rights!

This is the best comment so far what comes to the 8.0.2 patch. icon14.gificon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Zebster:

This is really funny, I'm lauching my @ss off...

No but for real, when are you guys gonna release the "real" 8.0.2 patch? Cause this patch has more wrongs than rights!

If you just signed up to say that was there really any point in joining. If you don't have anything good to say don't bother saying it, also what does @ss mean? I don't understand why there is a '@' in it. icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by hiru:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You need to edit the teams affected (Galatasary & Fenerbache) average ticket price DOWN

But I saw there are two average ticket price:

- Match average ticket price

- Season average ticket price

What should we reduce??? icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same question here, which to reduce?!?!?!?

Originally posted by alanb22:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Reading's Revolving, Ranting, Ricochet:

The Link won't work for me :@ what should i do??

cry?? lol icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>.

lol, suprisingly that didn't work, but i got it up and running

What is thise?Thise patch have all fix on him.is thise offical?

http://rapidshare.com/files/91911280...te14.02.08.zip

Transfers

--------------------------

- Radoslaw Matusiak on loan to Wisla Krakow

- Gary Hooper on loan to Hereford

- Sherjill MacDonald on loan to Hereford

- Scott Boyd at Ross County permanently

- Adam Strachan at Ross County permanently

- Tim Krul now on loan at Falkirk

Players Improved

- Benjani's finishing adjusted from 10 to 16

- Cristiano Ronaldo free kick stat changed from 14 to 17

- Milners crossing adjusted from 14 to 17

- Stephan Ireland CA up by 2

Players Decreased

- Elano PA knocked down by 2

- Fabio Aurelio CA knocked down by 5

- Billy Sharp CA knocked down by 8

Management Moves

- Kevin Blackwell now at Sheffield United until the end of the season

- Brian Kidd now a free agent

- Bryan Robson now a free agent

- Sam Ellis now Assistant at Sheffield united

- Nuremburg now have no manager

- Dennis Wise now Director of Football for Newcastle, not a Scout as the 8.0.2 patch states

- Ewan Chester scout at Rangers

- Gerry Britton is now Assistant at Partick Thistle

- Alan Shearer added as non player and free agent could become as far as a manager

- Terry McDermott now a coach at Newcastle

Injuries

- Removed Michael Owens injury

- Joey Barton's injury removed

- Ronaldo career threatening injury added

General

- Fixed bug which involves Portsmouth paying Tottenham 1,000,000 every time Defoe plays

- Dave Cotterill name is now David Cotterill as irl

- Tynecastle will have there stadium increased to 21,000 in 2009

- Hearts preffered formation now 4-4-1-1 apposed to 4-5-1

- Lassana Diarra bug fixed (Chelsea getting money instead of Arsenal)

- Charlie Barnett now a free agent

- Elijah Reid now has LB rating

- Ferencvaros now a feeder club with Sheffield United (Robinson bought the club)

Originally posted by larneng:

I bought the downloded version of the game and downloaded the appropriate patch, Now I can't lload the game,because it's asking for CD?? what's up with that? And how do I fix it?

Are you using an original copy of the game? If no, please go and buy a copy. icon_wink.gif

Archived