Happy Valentine's Day - FM 8.02 patch & data update available now! **UPDATED 20/2/08**

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Shearer9

How do I actually get the download to start using Bit torrent. I've tried everything in my tiny knowledge of computers!

thanks in advance

Originally posted by Miles Jacobson:

Craig [EVE] - we're not listing out the individual match engine changes. It's match version 665 I believe, and that's all you need to know (it could be 667 - I know we tried to avoid it being 666!).

The number of the beast is actually 616.

Originally posted by teeyougee:

Also, corners are too easy to score.

As This Link shows, a player has scored nearly a goal a game from corners/set pieces. Pretty ridiculous to have a defender as top goal scorer.

here is another big problem my dc's scored 6goals in four matches, it's like every time ı get a corner, ı get goal,too..

I'm having some problems with the new patch.

I loaded saved game from 8.01 after patching and after 10 min of playing, I discovered these 2 problems:

1) Assistant manager team talk always None. I set it so my assistant handle all team talks but ever since this patch, he always choose "none". I can set it to something and when I ask assistant, he choose "none" every time. I believe this is a bug

2) I can only name 5 subs for PRM even though it should be 7

• SI Staff
Originally posted by coldcell:

You need to wait until the next season starts, the rules get setup at the beginning of each season.

Originally posted by EdL:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by coldcell:

You need to wait until the next season starts, the rules get setup at the beginning of each season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does that imply that the 7 subs rule is infact implemented in the game but starts at the start of season 08/09?

Originally posted by smithers08:

is there going to be a re-issuing of the patch ?

and if so what will it fix ?

Sounds like there needs to be one.

Should fix grey teams being so immense.

Scoring from corners now being too easy.

Board confidence.

• SI Staff
Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EdL:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by coldcell:

You need to wait until the next season starts, the rules get setup at the beginning of each season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does that imply that the 7 subs rule is infact implemented in the game but starts at the start of season 08/09? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is coded to start from the second season as in real life but if your savegame is already in the second season or greater then you will need to wait until the next season before the rule becomes active, as it won't become active midseason

Originally posted by EdL:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EdL:

Does that imply that the 7 subs rule is infact implemented in the game but starts at the start of season 08/09? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is coded to start from the second season as in real life but if your savegame is already in the second season or greater then you will need to wait until the next season before the rule becomes active, as it won't become active midseason </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Awesome, cheers for clearing that up. icon14.gif

I've got no skins installed but since I've installed the 8.0.2 patch this config file has appeared in the skins section of the football manager 2008 folder in my documents. Does this suggest an alteration to the default skin?

Can anyone shed any light on this? I'm just curious to know where it's come from because it definitely wasn't there before I installed the patch.

Can anyone shed any light of my earlier post?

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

It is coded to start from the second season as in real life but if your savegame is already in the second season or greater then you will need to wait until the next season before the rule becomes active, as it won't become active midseason </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Awesome, cheers for clearing that up. icon14.gif

I've got no skins installed but since I've installed the 8.0.2 patch this config file has appeared in the skins section of the football manager 2008 folder in my documents. Does this suggest an alteration to the default skin?

Can anyone shed any light on this? I'm just curious to know where it's come from because it definitely wasn't there before I installed the patch.

Can anyone shed any light of my earlier post? Link fwiw. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guest Darren Sonnet

I am trying to download the patch update, I have installed bit torrent. however it is taking an age to download the update after an hour and a half it had done 1.4% of the download. why is it so slow?

Originally posted by spire1:

i have downloaded this patch but where do i put it wen i have completed the process. Where do i extract it to? thanks

You should have an *.exe file when you have downloaded it. Run it, and it will patch the game

Originally posted by Darren Sonnet:

I am trying to download the patch update, I have installed bit torrent. however it is taking an age to download the update after an hour and a half it had done 1.4% of the download. why is it so slow?

Have you tried downloading the file via a ftp site? Try here. Download the rar file, unzip and run the patch installer

Originally posted by mertk:

There is a big mistake about Galatasaray and Fenerbahce when u r playing on TSL. ( finance problem ) Are u thinking about fixing it?

Matt

Can anyone from SI answer my question please? By the way the team talks mistake is occured again. ( just like default database. ) It was fixed 8.0.1 but now it is weird again. :/

I will uninstall the game and continue with the 8.0.1 patch before u release new one.

Cheers

Matthew

Just wondering - it says in the "known issues" post that the patch might be re-issued the coming week. Any more word on whether it will? If so, I'll just wait until then to install it. I am, believe it or not, actually quite happy with 8.0.1.

I do think the Spurs/Portsmouth bug is rather a big one, though, so the path should be re-issued in my opinion.

i having prolems istart a new game select the the 8.0.2 database after the first quarter of loading it exits the game and game and says 'couldn't load database' any help becuase i love to play it lol if it helps i got it off a mirror site as the link for the torrent gaveme a virus

Originally posted by Smiithy.:

Alriite.

Errm, Fiirst Tiime Iv Everr Triied To Updatee My FM ..And ii Dont Know How To Haha.

Iv Downloaded One Of Them; But Can't Seem To Incorparate It Into My FM.

..Can Someone Explaiin How To For Me Please?

Cheers.

Much Appreciiated

xoo

why the double 'i' all the time?? ..

Originally posted by mertk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mertk:

There is a big mistake about Galatasaray and Fenerbahce when u r playing on TSL. ( finance problem ) Are u thinking about fixing it?

Matt

Can anyone from SI answer my question please? By the way the team talks mistake is occured again. ( just like default database. ) It was fixed 8.0.1 but now it is weird again. :/

I will uninstall the game and continue with the 8.0.1 patch before u release new one.

Cheers

Matthew </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nO onE aNswEr .. : (

(",)

Originally posted by Yoav17:

The game crushes evrytime on 11 february 2009.

It works perfectly on a new game, and on other saves.

I tried re-installing the entire game on 8.01 mode but it couldn't load the game that was saved once in 8.02

no solution?

I have a question. I always play LLM from the start and before this patch (haven´t tried it out that much so I don´t know what to say about it) I could hire 7 coaches for my side, now there only seems to be room for 4. Anyone know if 4 is now the maximum amount of coaches you can have LLM? Have SI made a more realistic limit LL?

Cheers!

Originally posted by kvadruple:

Any chance of having 8.03 ? Because in 8.02 is still many bugs/issues unresolved.

based on previous experiences with patches, there will NEVER be a 8.0.3 patch.

why? because SI will stubbornly refuse to release *shock horror* a third patch and will instead re-release 8.0.2, which will then cause confusion as people wont know which 8.0.2 they have.

yeah yeah, different patches have internal build numbers, but joe public doesnt see there, he/she just sees "8.0.2 patch" and will assume its the only 8.0.2 patch that will be released.

and to be fair, what other company in their right mind releases two different patches with the same patch number?

its equivalent of saying "we only release 2 patches because we know our game is bug free" ..yeah f'king right.

its not like they're going to run out of patch/build numbers to use till the next FM is it? i hear there's an infinite amount of them..

Originally posted by skanky:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kvadruple:

Any chance of having 8.03 ? Because in 8.02 is still many bugs/issues unresolved.

based on previous experiences with patches, there will NEVER be a 8.0.3 patch.

why? because SI will stubbornly refuse to release *shock horror* a third patch and will instead re-release 8.0.2, which will then cause confusion as people wont know which 8.0.2 they have.

yeah yeah, different patches have internal build numbers, but joe public doesnt see there, he/she just sees "8.0.2 patch" and will assume its the only 8.0.2 patch that will be released.

and to be fair, what other company in their right mind releases two different patches with the same patch number?

its equivalent of saying "we only release 2 patches because we know our game is bug free" ..yeah f'king right.

its not like they're going to run out of patch/build numbers to use till the next FM is it? i hear there's an infinite amount of them.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

champ manager is 2 years from being better than fm, be patient

Originally posted by englandmanager:

do you guys check the patches before release.

reason being there are numerous problems and i haven't enjoyed football manager since 06

wage shrinking

goals in last 3 mins every match no matter what tactics

team talk issues

english teams in the champions league unbeatable biased i think

They are of course tested, and although I share some of your concerns, there is not everything that can be fixed through a patch as I guess it demands re-coding of the whole game.

However, when it comes to the problem of teams scoring in the last minutes of the game, it's actually a tactical issue. That doesn't mean that your tactics aren't set up to prevent it, but I think it relies on the problem with the game not listening to your corner instructions (on attacking corners). That means that even if you put your whole team on "stay back" they will go to attack on your corner, meaning you will be very voulnerable for counter attacks. I must admit that I haven't tried it after the last patch, but I think I read somewhere that it would not be fixed until 2009.

Archived