Happy Valentine's Day - FM 8.02 patch & data update available now! **UPDATED 20/2/08**

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having asked the same question at least 3 times myself, and having seen at least 3 other people with the same problem, i'm guessing nobody has any idea how to sort it i'm afraid!

Originally posted by Ironbreakerx:

Whenever I try to patch my game, once it reaches 'updating file 43' an error pops up saying 'Access to C:/Program Files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2008 was denied.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it still doesn't work. Any ideas on what I can do?

Honestly - how freaking hard can it be to have a patch that works ?

I have WWSM 2008 .... the Bittorrent connection will not work ... and the file name says it's for a MAC not a PC even though I click on the link for PC.

It's not like it's the day of the release ... this patch was released ages ago.

Unreal.

I've downloaded the FM 8.02 patch twice and installed it, however despite my preferences stating that I am running version 8.0.2 when I 'Check For Updates' on the main screen I get the following message on the SI website:

"We've detected that a newer version is available from the Sports Interactive website.

However, we are unable to find the download in our database currently. Please try later!"

Please advise.

Hi fellow football managers.

I hope someone can give me some advice regarding the following issue I have come across.

I'm into my 3rd season playing the Scottish Premier and I have noticed that no league fixtures have been generated for the new season. It's around July and although there are cup fixtures playable, the new league season doesn't seem to exist!

Do I need to download any of the patches - v8.0.1/v8.0.2 - and will they allow the league fixtures to be generated, or will I have to start all over again?

Furthermore, if I do need the patch, how do I install it etc. in order for it to take effect on my MAC?

Any info would be muchly appreciated.

Cheers.

Hi I am new to all this patch stuff but when i downloaded the patch and updated it so that it self extracted, i opened the game and it says unable to read the game, make sure that disc is inserted in the correct CD drive. This was happening with FM07 also. I copied all the files from Program Files folder to the db one is My Documents and tried again but in vain. How do i have to overcome this problem?? And how to insert steklo skins(I'm even having problem with them)? I am using 8.0 patch rite nw and it's alsolutely useless now with this error. Help!!!

Ok guys im new to all of this so please can you bear with me. Right i went on to the bittorrent site and just downloaded the one on the right hand side of the screen. Then it got all downloaded and now its just sitting there on the bit torrent screen. How do i get the patch into my FM game. I tried downloading it but it said there was a sharing error. No idea what to do. Please help im desperate to play on it!!!

Ok so I downloaded the patch from this forum...got it from the torrent even update my FM08...so when I load FM08...it says please insert correct disk or something like that? and wont let me play until I put in the CD and even then the game isn't updated? can someone help me with this?

Okay,

I am tired now. I have downloaded the patch for mac, and i install it. But nothing seems to happen. I have to choose where to install, and i have tried MANY locations but it just don´t work. Quite frustrating.

Could some one please help? Where should put the extract to update to?

Regards Anders

Guest ryanbhoy2006

hi i have downloaded and installed the patch, it exracted the files to c:/si/db/updates folder so i copied the files from this folder to the db folder alongside the current 800 db folder - i also copied the files to the my documents/ db folder but when i start the game it is still on version 8.0.0

whats happening!?!?

Hi anders - I have the mac version and I too can't make the patch work. I download it and attempt to install it and it doesn't work. This is a shame as I have normally had no problems with SI games but I think 2008 really needs the patch badly so at the moment its driving me crazy.

Originally posted by HakanRoda:

Hi anders - I have the mac version and I too can't make the patch work. I download it and attempt to install it and it doesn't work. This is a shame as I have normally had no problems with SI games but I think 2008 really needs the patch badly so at the moment its driving me crazy.

Somewhat nice to know that i am not the only fool.

I´ve been looking for a solution, but all i have found is more people with the same problem.

I need the patch :S

Okay, before I start - I'm an idiot. So bare with me.

I bought FM08 for PC in March? I've been playing it since, today, sadly, is the first time I've used these forums, this patch seems pretty cool, but I'm worried and from skim reading the pages, I couldn't find the answer to the very simple questions I have, so here it is:

If I download and install this patch, do I lose my seasons already saved?

I'm using windows xp professional, will the patch work on my comp?

Does it cost anything?

thanks

Originally posted by MGH888:

I have WWSM 2008 .... the Bittorrent connection will not work ... and the file name says it's for a MAC not a PC even though I click on the link for PC.

Unreal.

having the same problem.

this is why I won't support the US release of the game in the future. sorry SI.

Originally posted by golden_goal:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MGH888:

Unreal.

having the same problem.

this is why I won't support the US release of the game in the future. sorry SI. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you want to obtain the torrent, you can get it from here http://torrents.sigames.com:7000/ OR

you can just download it from my mirrors below.

Mirrors of the updated 8.02 patch:

Football Manager 2008 - PC (boxed)

http://www.ut3.yourfirstcreditcard.com/fm2008_802_boxed_pc.rar

OR

http://rapidshare.com/files/94830283/fm2008_802_boxed_pc.rar

Use WINRAR to extract.

Football Manager 2008 - Mac (boxed)

http://www.ut3.yourfirstcreditcard.com/fm2008_802_boxed-mac.dmg

Worldwide Soccer Manager PC (Boxed)

http://www.ut3.yourfirstcreditcard.com/wsm2008_802_boxed_pc.rar

OR

http://rapidshare.com/files/94829440/wsm2008_802_boxed_pc.rar

Use WINRAR to extract.

Worldwide Soccer Manager PC (Digital download version)

http://www.ut3.yourfirstcreditcard.com/wsm2008_802_digital_pc.rar

Use WINRAR to extract.

Worldwide Soccer Manager Mac (Boxed)

http://www.ut3.yourfirstcreditcard.com/wsm2008_802_boxed-mac.dmg

Worldwide Soccer Manager Mac (Digital download version)

http://www.ut3.yourfirstcreditcard.com/wsm2008_802_digital-mac.dmg

Futbol Manager PC (Digital download version)

http://www.ut3.yourfirstcreditcard.com/futm2008_802_digital_pc.rar

Use WINRAR to extract.

Futbol Manager Mac (Digital download version)

http://www.ut3.yourfirstcreditcard.com/futm2008_802_digital-mac.dmg

No registration needed. Download manager supported.

OR you can probably google for it. Hope this helps.

This is probably because your antivirus has blocked it.Check the antivirus for some kind of list of files with restricted accesd..

Hope it helpes icon_wink.gif...

Originally posted by Roberto!!!:

Having asked the same question at least 3 times myself, and having seen at least 3 other people with the same problem, i'm guessing nobody has any idea how to sort it i'm afraid!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ironbreakerx:

Whenever I try to patch my game, once it reaches 'updating file 43' an error pops up saying 'Access to C:/Program Files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2008 was denied.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it still doesn't work. Any ideas on what I can do?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Originally posted by anderselling:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HakanRoda:

Somewhat nice to know that i am not the only fool.

I´ve been looking for a solution, but all i have found is more people with the same problem.

I need the patch :S </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you have the demo the patch is automatically applied to that instead of the full game.

hi

im not to good on computers so bear with me.

i have saved the file "pc boxed" but which file do i save it into? do i save it into my football manager 2008 file? if so which file?

after i have done this what do i then do to get it to work on my computer?

sorry these questions are probs really basic answers but ive never downloaded a patch before.

cheers

Guest blakey123

Hi. I've downloaded 8.02 but when I start the game it doesn't give me the option to start with 8.02, I just get default or 8.01. I'm stuck. Can anyone help, please?

Originally posted by jssy!:

hi

im not to good on computers so bear with me.

i have saved the file "pc boxed" but which file do i save it into? do i save it into my football manager 2008 file? if so which file?

after i have done this what do i then do to get it to work on my computer?

sorry these questions are probs really basic answers but ive never downloaded a patch before.

cheers

For myself I downloaded it to my desktop, I don't think it matters where you save it to as the file self extracts into FM when you click on it.

So once you have downloaded it, click on it and a grey box appears with update being an option, click on update and it updates the game. Click finish and then load FM and it should be version 8.0.2.

hi

i wondering if someone can help me i have downloaded new patch 8.2 there was no problem downloading saved ok but will not change to 8.2 when i start up game i have had patch working before no bother before on windows xp but just bought a new laptop and it has windows vesta has anybody had any problems or has any information to get it running

Archived