Happy Valentine's Day - FM 8.02 patch & data update available now! **UPDATED 20/2/08**

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Miles Jacobson:

8.0.2 Football Manager patch released and updated 20/2/08

20/2/08

We've updated the patches below with the Defoe fix plus a change to the Turkish finances. The Worldwide Soccer Manager and Futbol Manager digital download patches are still undergoing testing and will be available soon

All mirrors will be updated from tomorrow

Mirrors downloads will appear here shortly.

And almost a month since release there's still no downloadable version of the patch from the forum, from the SI website, from the SEGA website or from the SEGA support faq pages.

Any chance that you could celebrate the successful completion of XBox360 FM08 by sticking a downloadable, non-torrented version of the patch on the SEGA website please?

Originally posted by lovesoccer:

what is the difference between boxed and digital? I bought the game form Amazon, does it mean that i need to download the boxed one? Thanks.

If you bought the boxed version then clearly yes you need the boxed verison patch, the digital version is for people who purchased the disigtal download of the game.

Originally posted by bjb7223:

is ther eanyway to save a 8.0.2 match as a 8.0.1 match? I want to go back to play on patch 8.0.1. this new patch is not realistic.

Not to my knowledge, try saving it and then uninstalling the game and reinstalling with patch 8.0.1 and then loading the game, not sure what it will be like mind.

Originally posted by SirAllyMccoist:

I recently donwnloaded the new patch and I was wondering how I install it? Can anyone help?

Much appreciated.

It gets downloaded as a zip/winrar file, open it and it will auto install.

Originally posted by 0sama:

Hello, does anyone here who can tell me how to play this games without using the cd? pls...

Not going to happen, dont ask again, it leads to people getting bans as it avoids the anti piracy softwares thats installed.

Originally posted by Chapman6159:

this has probs been covered before / really simple answer! icon_razz.gif

but wat exactly do i do 2 get this update on my game??

i usually get one of my mates 2 do this updating 4 me.. but looks like am going 2 have 2 do it myself nd really dnt have a clue wat 2 do!

someone please help!!! Thanks

dont use text speak, its annoying as hell and you are not charged by the letter icon_wink.gif

Click the morror thats for the version of the game you have.

Download the file.

Open the file.

Click install.

Auto installs.

Jobs a good 'un!

Originally posted by lovesoccer:

what is the difference between boxed and digital? I bought the game form Amazon, does it mean that i need to download the boxed one? Thanks.

Boxed meaning that you buy the FM08 CD(they called boxed coz they kept the CDs in a box), digital means that you buy it from internet(example Amazon)...

So you have to download the digital one. Or better download the Mac one... icon14.gificon_biggrin.gif

Damn, your post reminds me about an idiot who complained Microsoft about his Microsoft Words malfunctioning without knowing that his PC had no powers left... icon_biggrin.gif

I think i may be being really stupid but how do i download the latest patch, I have the boxed version and normal just use the updates link in the game. Bit of help??

p.s, does anyone have the link i need? ta

Originally posted by WillemII@Tilburg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Luís Silvares:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Luís Silvares:

Rapidshare mirror for this new release of the 8.0.2 patch:

http://rapidshare.com/files/93562173/fm2008_802_boxed-pc.rar

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that the 8.0.2. WITH fix or just the original 8.0.2? It's so confusing that SI called them both the same!!! sigh! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi there!

This is the FIXED VERSION (new release of the 8.0.2 patch).

Originally posted by Drekkan:

How do I add it? I put it in mydocuments/sportsinteractive/footballmanager2008/db. I start a new game and none of the transfers have been made. HELP!?!?

Did you double click the file to "run" it?

Also, when starting a new game, select the v8.02 database in the drop down menu. Hope you work it out! icon14.gif

Originally posted by Drekkan:

How do I add it? I put it in mydocuments/sportsinteractive/footballmanager2008/db. I start a new game and none of the transfers have been made. HELP!?!?

Go into mydocuments/sportsinteractive/footballmanager2008/db and double click the patch and it should come up with a screen and just update your patch.

hi there,could anybody help me please.i have tried a link that i saw on here to download the new patch and my brother and friend has got the patch from the sitegiven as they have windows xp.but it doesnt seem to work as i have windows vista.

can anybody help please as i really want the patch and need loadz of help.

thanks ash

Originally posted by Alurny:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Drekkan:

Did you double click the file to "run" it?

Also, when starting a new game, select the v8.02 database in the drop down menu. Hope you work it out! icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry for being a pain but what do you mean run? I click on the patch and torrent comes up.

Soz

HELP PLEASE SI! I have WSM, digital download version. I just installed the 8.0.2 patch (and I'm sure it's the correct one WSM, digital).

When I open the game, it says the CD isn't in the drive and I can't play.

Even worse, I can't go back to version 8.0.1 because it says the version I have is newer!

Basically I'm locked out of a game I've paid for!

Hi,

Can anyone help me becuase after updating fm2008 with the new patch i still hav a problem with the game....im not able to see the players positions that they are able to play just underneath their name right at the top where u have cm,rm etc next to the nationality in the lil circle..sorry if i havent explained myself properly but that the only way i can describe it.. but neway is anyone able to help me with this problem...my operating system is vista 64bit if that woudl help

Thanks

Hi, Can someone please offer some help, advice, feedback...

I want to download the latest 8.0.2 patch. I can see from reading through the majority of this thread (which took a while) where i could download from, however all the downloads seem to be torrent versions. Why? For the love of god why?!

I downloaded BitTorrent as recommended and it corrupted my PC, to the point where i couldn't open any other applications. It even prevented me from doing a system restore. I've spent the last 4-5 hours trying to fix my PC. It is a brand new PC which cost me a small fortune. I've had it for under 1 week and i feel as though it has been violated. It is no longer virginial. Now i wouldn't mind so much having to fix my PC had i been downloading some naughty sexy time video's but to get all this hassle and stress for the sake of a game with absolutely no nudidty makes me sad.

In the past all i've had to do is download the patch from the official site - easy. No problem. Can someone enlighten me as to why this is not the case anymore?

Like i said, all i want to do is download and install the patch. Nothing more. I dont want to download BitTorrent or WinRar or any other software - just the Patch. Am i asking too much here?

ok just found out the update was out. i been trying to download it bt dont get wat the hell i got to do ( wouldn believe i use to build computers and fix em would ya) i clicked on the bit below and it downloaded it bt nting seemed to happen it just saved the file so i downloaded thst bittorent thing and it seemed to download the file too bt once again nothing happened. so wat am i doing wrong or how do i transfer the file to the game.

please help people

ta

ok i just gt the patch working people so any1 who aving probs just follow this and touch wood it will work for you like it did me !

first use this link,

Mirrors of the updated 8.02 patch:

Football Manager 2008 - PC (boxed)

http://www.ut3.yourfirstcreditcard.com/fm2008_802_boxed_pc.rar

OR

http://rapidshare.com/files/94830283/fm2008_802_boxed_pc.rar

Use WINRAR to extract.

use the 2nd one and then click on the free download,dnt pay for nothing, it will then load a ticket for u once its done this fill in the security box at the bottom. then it shld give u a option to run or save .choose run i think or it mite be save( soz cant remember) and then it shld give u a option of were to run it from. goto the winra option go to the download box on that page then click on there free download of there software. i wont fuk up ur comp and it only on your comp 90 days then it dissapears as it a trial. now u have done this u have to wait about a hour or so cause u cant gt another free ticket. now once that time has elapsed go back and follow this process again and then wen u go to load it it will automatically use winra to load the file. once this done and says complete double click on the loaded item and it will automatically load this to footie manager. and wen u start a new game u shall ave a option to use 8.0 or 8.02. choose the latter.

hope this makes some sense and helps some1

Ok. Can anyone tell me how I select the database I want to use please. I have downloaded and run the update, and all the info is there in the data editor, but when I run the game it is just the regular 8.0.0 version of the game, and I can't seem to find any way of choosing the updated version.

Any suggestions please? Thanks

Originally posted by Roberto!!!:

Ok. Can anyone tell me how I select the database I want to use please. I have downloaded and run the update, and all the info is there in the data editor, but when I run the game it is just the regular 8.0.0 version of the game, and I can't seem to find any way of choosing the updated version.

Make sure the database is in your Sports Interactve folder in My Documents ie. My Documents/Sports Interactive/db, rather than in the Sports Interactive folder in Program Files. Sometimes when you download updates or whatever, it can put them in the "wrong" location of the two, and there doesn't seem to be much or rhyme or reason to it.

Well, i've moved the database to the my documents/db folder, but when I load up the game it is still just version 8.0!

Any suggestions?

Originally posted by Crapweasel2:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Roberto!!!:

Make sure the database is in your Sports Interactve folder in My Documents ie. My Documents/Sports Interactive/db, rather than in the Sports Interactive folder in Program Files. Sometimes when you download updates or whatever, it can put them in the "wrong" location of the two, and there doesn't seem to be much or rhyme or reason to it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, it's no good. I have even re-saved the database under a different name, and that has been saved to the my documents/db folder, but still when I load the game up it is version 8.0. and I can't see any option to choose a different database.

This is really drivin me nuts!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!! SOMEONE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Roberto!!!:

Well, i've moved the database to the my documents/db folder, but when I load up the game it is still just version 8.0!

Any suggestions?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Crapweasel2:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Roberto!!!:

Make sure the database is in your Sports Interactve folder in My Documents ie. My Documents/Sports Interactive/db, rather than in the Sports Interactive folder in Program Files. Sometimes when you download updates or whatever, it can put them in the "wrong" location of the two, and there doesn't seem to be much or rhyme or reason to it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok,

I see a number of people have had the same problem I have:

You click to update the patch & it stops on the data editor & says "cannot update as it is being used by another process".

I have downlaoded mirrors, torrents, and all are the same.

Has anyone who has had this problem found a way to sort it please?

Your help is appreciated

I don't have any problems with the patch, as a matter of fact I think it rescued my crashed game, but does the patch only affect games that are starting in the first season available for FM 2008 or do the changes happen in game (for example I'm in Dec. 2009 and will Chelsea have Anelka?) Or do the changes only take place with newly started games?

Cheers! icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by HenrikEdwardLarsson:

I don't have any problems with the patch, as a matter of fact I think it rescued my crashed game, but does the patch only affect games that are starting in the first season available for FM 2008 or do the changes happen in game (for example I'm in Dec. 2009 and will Chelsea have Anelka?) Or do the changes only take place with newly started games?

Cheers! icon_smile.gif

They will only take place in new games.

Originally posted by AllHallows:

Embarassing post, but bear with me:

Will this patch like erase/write over whatever games I've started already, or will it just change little details to it and I can still continue with Milan on my 4th season?

You will still be able to carry on with any saved game from previous patches or the un-patched version. It shouldn't be a problem

Whenever I try to patch my game, once it reaches 'updating file 43' an error pops up saying 'Access to C:/Program Files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2008 was denied.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it still doesn't work. Any ideas on what I can do?

Archived