Happy Valentine's Day - FM 8.02 patch & data update available now! **UPDATED 20/2/08**

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Some help needed please.

I've played FM (and Champ'-man') for years now, but I've never used the patches before. So I thought I would give it ago - clean up a few bugs, like the stadium expansion one - but I am very confused. There doesn't seem to be a clear explaination for my confusion out there right now.

So I have a few questions - probably simple ones, or perhaps explained before, but I can't track down the answers and I've been looking for hours across the web.

Any help will very very welcome! Here goes it:

1. I can't currently use Torrents, being on Uni network. Which link is best to use to down load without using Torrents etc?

2. I tried and above link: http://files.filefront.com/fm2008+802+boxed+pcexe/;9678490;/fileinfo.html

... however, when I moved the downloaded file into the FM file, then into data, and finally db, then opened and clicked update (as instructions I read somewhere said) I get this message at what would seem to be the end (it says updating 48 files, and gets to the 48th before...):

"A sharing violation occurred while accessing C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\fm.exe."

... what does this mean? I presume this means the update was unsuccessful? What should I do?

3. If I am successful in updating etc, what are the next steps I should follow, once the download has finished auto-updating?

4. Finally, I'm currently into my second season with Man City - in the Champions League, top of EPL etc. Obviously, lots of things have happened and players have moved/improved/changed etc. and things are going very well for me.

How does the update affect the game? Or, how will it affect my current game? (if at all?)

I realise that these are probably common and straightforward questions, but I'm relatively inexperienced with patches and updates, and so require a fair bit of help to get me upto speed. Thank you for any help you might give.

Cheers, Joe.

(I'm using Vista, with FM 8.0.0)

Originally posted by WillemII@Tilburg:

Why are we being forced to use bittorrent? I (and by the looks of it, many other people as well) would really like to be able to simply download the latest 8.0.2 patch (and why isn't it called 8.0.3 or 8.0.2b or something?)

I was wondering why SI haven't got the patch for download on their official site? If it is on there I couldn't find it. It just directs us to the forums to download it. I got 8.0.2 from rapidshare as I'm not keen on torrents either.

Originally posted by chilli_puzzle:

where do i put the file when downloaded?

also a step by step guide would be great icon14.gif

Download it to your desktop or wherever you download your files too. Then click on the patch and then press update in the grey box. It updates it and then you are good to go.

Guest Philmys
Originally posted by loc187:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Philmys:

Is it possible someone could upload this to sendspace or something similar please? I can't use torrents at the moment and would really appreciate it.

http://files.filefront.com/fm2008+802+boxed+pcexe/;9678490;/fileinfo.html

icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks very much

When installing patch 8.0.2 the installer stops at file 44 and gives the following message-

"Error creating update file-C:|program files\sports interative\football manager 2008\ data editor.exe"

"Error 0X0000002- - the process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process"

I have searched the forums for a solution and subsequently completed a "clean install", using "add/remove" programs then deleting all game related folders, then deleting all cache files, then running check disc.

I then reinstalled the game and recieved the same error message.

Does anyone have a solution for this issue please.

Many thanks in advance

As SI members are dropping in here occasionally, can I please ask that the patch is now uploaded to the Sega website? The main rush of downloaders has hopefully fallen to a trickle and so the load on the servers shouldn't be as great. If I visit the Sega FM pages I can download the 7.0.2 patch from there no problem, but not the 8.0.2 patch. Which is annoying. I'm quite keen to start my FM08 career(s)!

Some of us can't access the t'internet from the gaming PC's and have to be a bit canny about which websites they visit.

Originally posted by leftback in the changing room:

As SI members are dropping in here occasionally, can I please ask that the patch is now uploaded to the Sega website? The main rush of downloaders has hopefully fallen to a trickle and so the load on the servers shouldn't be as great. If I visit the Sega FM pages I can download the 7.0.2 patch from there no problem, but not the 8.0.2 patch. Which is annoying. I'm quite keen to start my FM08 career(s)!

Some of us can't access the t'internet from the gaming PC's and have to be a bit canny about which websites they visit.

Why do you want the 8.0.2 patch if you're still playing FM07?

Guest scryed

Is there any changes on individual player data (other than Defoe) such as Ronaldinho, C.Ronaldo, Messi and other famous players? Please enlighten me, thanks!

Originally posted by ridleys:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by leftback in the changing room:

Why do you want the 8.0.2 patch if you're still playing FM07? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because I'm tinkering with FM08 now, but I'd like to be able to get my teeth into a full career game or Gundo's challenge; and I want to have the 8.0.2 patch before I start. And that FM07 game will run and run and run...

Guest leemssn

HELP REQUIRED!!!

Downloaded and installed 8.0.2. When i double click on the fm icon to load game it loadsso far to the start new game, load game etc then comes up with a message saying unable to find disc, load disc and try again.

I downloaded the game from torrent originally and worked fine until i installed this update, Can i not use this update? What am i doing wrong?

Thanks in advance folks

icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by leemssn:

HELP REQUIRED!!!

Downloaded and installed 8.0.2. When i double click on the fm icon to load game it loadsso far to the start new game, load game etc then comes up with a message saying unable to find disc, load disc and try again.

I downloaded the game from torrent originally and worked fine until i installed this update, Can i not use this update? What am i doing wrong?

Thanks in advance folks

icon_wink.gif

Not buying the game?

Evenig, just a quick question why has the ransom/sisu takeover of Coventry not been added to the latest patch, is there anyway I can add this to the patch.

Originally posted by Miles Jacobson:

8.0.2 Football Manager patch released and updated 20/2/08

20/2/08

We've updated the patches below with the Defoe fix plus a change to the Turkish finances. The Worldwide Soccer Manager and Futbol Manager digital download patches are still undergoing testing and will be available soon

All mirrors will be updated from tomorrow

---

As you are no doubt aware, it Valentine's Day! And, just in case you haven't got any cards, we have a lovely Valentine's day gift for you (with love). Of course, it's the Football Manager 2008 update patch v8.0.2.

The update includes all of the transfers from the January transfer window and the latest (and hopefully final) patch for Football Manager 2008, Worldwide Soccer Manager 2008 & Futbol Manager 2008 - you can find the right update for your version of the FM patch at the link below.

Unless otherwise stated, the files listed are torrent files. You will require a Bittorrent client which you can download for free from bittorrent.com.

Football Manager 2008 - official torrent downloads

PC (boxed) **UPDATED 20/2/08**

Mac (boxed) OFFICIAL TORRENT FILE **UPDATED 20/2/08**

Worldwide Soccer Manager

PC (boxed) **UPDATED 20/2/08**

PC (digital download versions) **UPDATED 21/2/08**

Mac (boxed) **UPDATED 20/2/08**

Mac (digital download esellerate) **UPDATED 21/2/08**

Futbol Manager

PC (digital download versions) **UPDATED 21/2/08**

Mac (digital download esellerate) **UPDATED 21/2/08**

PLEASE ensure that you keep the bittorrent client open after you've downloaded to help people be able to get the file.

Mirrors downloads will appear here shortly.

Originally posted by Luís Silvares:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Luís Silvares:

Rapidshare mirror for this new release of the 8.0.2 patch:

http://rapidshare.com/files/93562173/fm2008_802_boxed-pc.rar

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that the 8.0.2. WITH fix or just the original 8.0.2? It's so confusing that SI called them both the same!!! sigh!

I have been trying to download teh new patch for my game, but no matter what site i download the patch from when its updating it will either stop at 44(data editor) or 48 and says something about the process already being used.

Its starting to get really frustrating. Can anyone help with this problem?

Originally posted by kingbowler:

I have been trying to download teh new patch for my game, but no matter what site i download the patch from when its updating it will either stop at 44(data editor) or 48 and says something about the process already being used.

Its starting to get really frustrating. Can anyone help with this problem?

Are you running FM at the same time as trying to update? If you are, close FM and then try updating again.

Originally posted by Ol!ver:

Does anyone else have a problem when trying to apply the MAC update? It goes through the routine, then says there was an unknown error.

Thanks

I am also not having luck with the mac bittorrent. It doesn't seem to do anything. Kind of frustrating. Is there another way to do this like the old way where we just clicked a link and it opened?

Guest Fernando

Can anybody tell me if I still need to download 8.0.1? Or this patch includes the fixes on 8.0.1?

Thanks.

Originally posted by sondbarron:

Can someone please put up a mirror site for WSM 08 for the patch as the torrent doesnt work for me

thanks

Mirrors of the updated 8.02 patch:

Football Manager 2008 - PC (boxed)

http://www.ut3.yourfirstcreditcard.com/fm2008_802_boxed_pc.rar

OR

http://rapidshare.com/files/94830283/fm2008_802_boxed_pc.rar

Use WINRAR to extract.

Football Manager 2008 - Mac (boxed)

http://www.ut3.yourfirstcreditcard.com/fm2008_802_boxed-mac.dmg

Worldwide Soccer Manager PC (Boxed)

http://www.ut3.yourfirstcreditcard.com/wsm2008_802_boxed_pc.rar

OR

http://rapidshare.com/files/94829440/wsm2008_802_boxed_pc.rar

Use WINRAR to extract.

Worldwide Soccer Manager PC (Digital download version)

http://www.ut3.yourfirstcreditcard.com/wsm2008_802_digital_pc.rar

Use WINRAR to extract.

Worldwide Soccer Manager Mac (Boxed)

http://www.ut3.yourfirstcreditcard.com/wsm2008_802_boxed-mac.dmg

Worldwide Soccer Manager Mac (Digital download version)

http://www.ut3.yourfirstcreditcard.com/wsm2008_802_digital-mac.dmg

Futbol Manager PC (Digital download version)

http://www.ut3.yourfirstcreditcard.com/futm2008_802_digital_pc.rar

Use WINRAR to extract.

Futbol Manager Mac (Digital download version)

http://www.ut3.yourfirstcreditcard.com/futm2008_802_digital-mac.dmg

No registration needed. Download manager supported.

Originally posted by 0sama:

Hello, does anyone here who can tell me how to play this games without using the cd? pls...

You can't you dumb ****! I can't believe you joined the oficial SI community to post something as stupid as that!

I'm surprised you're not banned yet!

Originally posted by ridleys:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 0sama:

Hello, does anyone here who can tell me how to play this games without using the cd? pls...

You can't you dumb ****! I can't believe you joined the oficial SI community to post something as stupid as that!

I'm surprised you're not banned yet! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's his first and to date only post. Given his alleged country of origin (near my home), it's understandable since you can't get a legit copy of FM out here (I had my mum forward mine from England).

Given his username he's probably on a wind-up, but it may be a genuine query.

anyway, the one-word answer to Osama's query is:

NO!

this has probs been covered before / really simple answer! icon_razz.gif

but wat exactly do i do 2 get this update on my game??

i usually get one of my mates 2 do this updating 4 me.. but looks like am going 2 have 2 do it myself nd really dnt have a clue wat 2 do!

someone please help!!! Thanks

Originally posted by DarkJeste:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Timster:

WSM2008 v.8.0.2 (boxed) patch.

http://cmfrenzy.com/index.php?option=com_remository&func=fileinfo&id=4274

Won't be uploading anymore files for tonight though.

Enjoy icon_smile.gif

I also recommend you use a download manager to get it as it may timeout at one point or another.

Cheers mate, It's going to be a good night here! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks from San Francisco!

Make that many thanks!

Guest SirAllyMccoist

I recently donwnloaded the new patch and I was wondering how I install it? Can anyone help?

Much appreciated.

Originally posted by Timster:

Found the fix, people using PeerGuardian 2 or any other ip-blockers disable it and then you should be able to download the torrent fine.

Any other things that can be wrong? I get an error message while running BitTorrent saying <Error 'offline [timed out)' while downloading URL.>

Can anyone help?? ty

Can someone help me, i just uninstalled and installed FM so my patches have gone, which link do i download for 8.0.2 that just goes straight into the game (dont need 2 do anything with it like Winrar etc) and the one that has the Defoe bug fixed.

Guest gravesendspurs.

Can someone give me any instructions on how to download this and actualy make it work? lol When I download it, it comes as a windows media player file :S? HELP PLEASE!?

Cheers

Archived