Position for new signing?

I just signed this top player for my team for 106 million and i wonder which position to use him in. His original position is a BPD but im not really impressed with his height and his stats to me seem more appealing for a DM or a CM. You can see below my formation. It focuses on bullying the other teams with high tempo high pressing direct wing play. (I switch sometimes to a DLP and normal AP when facing tough opponents instead of VOL)

Were would you use this player and why?

Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης 2024-05-19 141519.png

Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης 2024-05-19 141609.png

Needs to work on his heading and passing as they're pretty average, then he would fit nicely into your BWM spot. He could also work as a DLP. Hopefully he can get his jumping reach up also. I expect he will be a dominant CDM / defensive minded central midfielder. He's currently got nothing to offer any further up the pitch, but if you were to work on his more offensive stats, he could work as a Box to Box. Very impressive physical stats it what stands out to me.

36 minutes ago, NineCloudNine said:

You paid 106 million for a player you're not sure what to do with?

What did you have in mind when you decided to make the offer?

Would be a problem if i wasnt sure if he could fit in my team. He difinitely does and i want to make the most out of him that's why i made that post. i currently use him as a CM bwm and he is pretty good

Why not use him as a CD on cover? Jumping reach and heading at 12 are the only two attributes that aren't elite for a CB, but the rest is fantastic. Yes, you'll have to pair him with a taller partner but his other physicals plus anticipation and concentration really make him a top CB who'll do well with interceptions, man marking and won't be prone to mistakes.

He's also a good BWM but you can also nit-pick about his bravery and work rate.

For a CM you'd have to remove the stays back at all times and moves ball to right foot traits as well as work on his passing, which may not work since your coach is telling you his very close to fulfilling his potential.

On 19/05/2024 at 23:22, sdx15 said:

Why not use him as a CD on cover? Jumping reach and heading at 12 are the only two attributes that aren't elite for a CB, but the rest is fantastic. Yes, you'll have to pair him with a taller partner but his other physicals plus anticipation and concentration really make him a top CB who'll do well with interceptions, man marking and won't be prone to mistakes.

He's also a good BWM but you can also nit-pick about his bravery and work rate.

For a CM you'd have to remove the stays back at all times and moves ball to right foot traits as well as work on his passing, which may not work since your coach is telling you his very close to fulfilling his potential.

1. Because not only he has low jumping reach but also is kinda short for a cb

2. Because my best CB that i will never bench is bad at passing so he is the one at CD-Cover

On 20/05/2024 at 23:05, ROUFIANOS said:

1. Because not only he has low jumping reach but also is kinda short for a cb

2. Because my best CB that i will never bench is bad at passing so he is the one at CD-Cover

I agree I'd be using him further ahead of the defenders. However if injuries occur, he could be a decent backup plan. He might just be one of those players that gets playing time based off the fact he's useful in several positions.

3 hours ago, MichaelNevo said:

I agree I'd be using him further ahead of the defenders. However if injuries occur, he could be a decent backup plan. He might just be one of those players that gets playing time based off the fact he's useful in several positions.

True, so far i have used him once on center back and even on right back

On 19/05/2024 at 04:20, ROUFIANOS said:

I just signed this top player for my team for 106 million and i wonder which position to use him in. His original position is a BPD but im not really impressed with his height and his stats to me seem more appealing for a DM or a CM. You can see below my formation. It focuses on bullying the other teams with high tempo high pressing direct wing play. (I switch sometimes to a DLP and normal AP when facing tough opponents instead of VOL)

Were would you use this player and why?

Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης 2024-05-19 141519.png

Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης 2024-05-19 141609.png

Really he's a BWM. Key attributes to look at are his Agi/balance + str + burst of speed + ability to run himself into the ground for you. Add on top of that strong mentals and you've got a dominant mobile destructive force.

You can use him at other positions and he can do a job for you but he will do by far his best work shutting down the opposition in midfield. He's almost certainly a better starting option than Joao Palhinha at his age.