Player with high PA not improving

I have a great newgen talent in my squad. His CA is 153 and his PA is 180 at only 20 years old. He is scoring goals for fun in the Greek league and even in the UCL but his CA doesn't really seem to improve even though he is still very young. Is there a chance that he doesn't ever get near his potential?

The fact that he’s got to 153CA at 20 shows that he has improved a lot since he was spawned which means he’ll likely continue to improve.

If he’s getting plenty game time then it could be an idea to look at his development. Remember attributes increase which then causes CA to increase, not the other way around. If he’s being trained in an area that he’s already good at, then development will be slower (easier to improve a 12 in finishing than it is a 19).

As he gets older his mental attributes will also increase. 

5 hours ago, ROUFIANOS said:

Is there a chance that he doesn't ever get near his potential?

Yes, some players will never reach their potential. Reaching the potential comes down to a myriad of factors, but the players application to his craft is one (personality especially professionalism, but also determination and ambition), the right matching is also one. You say you play in the Greek league? Unless you are far into the future where that one of the best in the world, that can be too low a league for him to develop further. Playing against lower rated players can mean he is not challenged enough on a daily basis and is essentially stuck at his current level.

Then again, it could be a temporary blip to, and he might improve more as he gets older. All players have a development curve where some improve early, some middle, and some late, but all depend on getting the correct factors at the right time.

What are his mental attributes? His determination, workrate and personality?

9 hours ago, ROUFIANOS said:

Is there a chance that he doesn't ever get near his potential?

Yes. Not everyone reaches their potential. It depends on the quality of coaching, training facilities, their mental attributes as well as the quality of your youth facilities from when he spawned in.

18 hours ago, ROUFIANOS said:

I have a great newgen talent in my squad. His CA is 153 and his PA is 180 at only 20 years old. He is scoring goals for fun in the Greek league and even in the UCL but his CA doesn't really seem to improve even though he is still very young. Is there a chance that he doesn't ever get near his potential?

20 is quite young to get worried since they can improve up to 26 (and can even make small improvements after that).

There was an old thread on here which explained that a players rate of progression is variable and updated throughout their career, so maybe they are in a lean spell. One of my players stalled hard at 21, improving by 1-2 CA, then the next year improved by 10 CA despite putting in a transfer request and being unhappy the whole year.

11 hours ago, phantombandit said:

What are his mental attributes? His determination, workrate and personality?

Yes. Not everyone reaches their potential. It depends on the quality of coaching, training facilities, their mental attributes as well as the quality of your youth facilities from when he spawned in.

image.png.8741102a436ec903ff7a410f8ed90435.pngHere are his attributes

15 hours ago, XaW said:

Yes, some players will never reach their potential. Reaching the potential comes down to a myriad of factors, but the players application to his craft is one (personality especially professionalism, but also determination and ambition), the right matching is also one. You say you play in the Greek league? Unless you are far into the future where that one of the best in the world, that can be too low a league for him to develop further. Playing against lower rated players can mean he is not challenged enough on a daily basis and is essentially stuck at his current level.

Then again, it could be a temporary blip to, and he might improve more as he gets older. All players have a development curve where some improve early, some middle, and some late, but all depend on getting the correct factors at the right time.

I am in year 2028 now and i have reached the UCL Final so he gets plenty of game time against hard teams. The greek league still isn't the best but has improved (kinda like the Portuguese league irl)

@ROUFIANOS

Looking at his attributes, I guess he's a SC (Advanced Forward). I'd now also say he may not develop much more. He's already got pretty high values in most of the important (i.e. highly weighted) attributes for SC. That means there is little room for development that will cause big increases in CA. In some ways, he's a very 'efficient' SC in that he's got high values in the most important attributes and is a good reminder how CA is not a good way to decide how good a player is.

If you really want to maximise his chances of utilising all his growth potential (i.e. CA = PA), then I'd first focus on strength training (Strength, Jumping Reach) to see if you can develop those highly weighted attributes for SC. Followed by Aerial (Heading, Bravery) and then Passing (Passing, Vision). They are all important, highly-weighted attributes for SC and seem to be the ones that are lacking a bit. Maybe try a few months/a season on each and see if he gets to his PA by the time he's 23.

1 hour ago, CAE82 said:

@ROUFIANOS

Looking at his attributes, I guess he's a SC (Advanced Forward). I'd now also say he may not develop much more. He's already got pretty high values in most of the important (i.e. highly weighted) attributes for SC. That means there is little room for development that will cause big increases in CA. In some ways, he's a very 'efficient' SC in that he's got high values in the most important attributes and is a good reminder how CA is not a good way to decide how good a player is.

If you really want to maximise his chances of utilising all his growth potential (i.e. CA = PA), then I'd first focus on strength training (Strength, Jumping Reach) to see if you can develop those highly weighted attributes for SC. Followed by Aerial (Heading, Bravery) and then Passing (Passing, Vision). They are all important, highly-weighted attributes for SC and seem to be the ones that are lacking a bit. Maybe try a few months/a season on each and see if he gets to his PA by the time he's 23.

Thank you for your time. My player can indeed play as an AF but due to his high dribbling pace but low height i decided to use him as an IF. I agree on the training approach you suggested and have started it

9 hours ago, ROUFIANOS said:

I am in year 2028 now and i have reached the UCL Final so he gets plenty of game time against hard teams. The greek league still isn't the best but has improved (kinda like the Portuguese league irl)

That is also another aspect. A player in a league that is too low wont be challenged enough to develop fully, in too hard of a league they will get frustrated at their poor performance and wont develop either.

15 hours ago, phantombandit said:

That is also another aspect. A player in a league that is too low wont be challenged enough to develop fully, in too hard of a league they will get frustrated at their poor performance and wont develop either.

This is a good point.  He may have hit his ceiling playing in the Greek League, given it's not that strong a league.  He may need to move to a stronger league to get closer to his full potential, but also not every player will reach their full potential either.