Faces vanished after computer change

Greetings all. I recently changed computers and the saves were backed up to onedrive. When I downloaded FM24 for the new computer and linked up the saves I also recreated the graphics directories from the old computer. Within those directories the Saves are available, as are the set pieces, skins, etc. Unfortunately, the items in the graphics folder will not load. I am sure I am missing something simple to get the software to recognize the location and start using the faces, kits, etc. once again. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks!

Posted (edited)

yes I have done that. I also removed my preference and cache files and started up again hoping that would be the fix.

Edited by packfan68

additional information after more effort:

Graphics driver is up to date, Windows 11 fully patched

same issues with all saves not just one.

same with all skins even the FM 

Face issue includes manager profile and all staff as well

Faces do match images in the graphics folder...the images just are not loading. 

Truly seems like some kind of mapping is broken but not sure where to look to fix it,

There is an option in the options for FM to direct to the Sports Interactive folder that contains all your graphics. It may be as simple as that link is wrong. But if it's finding saves then maybe not.

I do vaguely recall having a similar problem myself, but can't think how I fixed it.

It could be an error with the config file. Have you checked that in the facepacks folder?

Not an expert by any means, I've just modded FM for many years.

2 hours ago, Brother Ben said:

Just to check, are your graphics in the following folder?

C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2024\graphics

correct they are in this folder. All custom graphics packs in that folder are not being recognized

1 hour ago, anagain said:

There is an option in the options for FM to direct to the Sports Interactive folder that contains all your graphics. It may be as simple as that link is wrong. But if it's finding saves then maybe not.

I do vaguely recall having a similar problem myself, but can't think how I fixed it.

It could be an error with the config file. Have you checked that in the facepacks folder?

Not an expert by any means, I've just modded FM for many years.

Exactly what I am thinking also. There is an option/path that is looking in the wrong place but I am unsure how to get it to look in the right spot. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, packfan68 said:

correct they are in this folder. All custom graphics packs in that folder are not being recognized

is the "g" in graphics lower case?

I remember this being an issue before

another way to do it is to go to the launch options in Steam

• Open your Steam Library.
  • Right click the game's title and select. Properties. .
  • On the General tab you'll find. Launch Options. section.

put the following in there 

--user_data_location="C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2024"

Paste it in exactly but obviously put whatever your username is in between the square brackets

Edited by Brother Ben

1 hour ago, packfan68 said:

Unfortunately not running in steam. Its installed and running locally. Yes the g is lower case

The game cannot be installed locally, it needs Steam, Epic or MS Store (Gamepass). Either you have misunderstood, or you are running a pirate version.

I think I know what the issue is. When it is installed from the microsoft store it makes the "onedrive" the default location for all data like saves, etc.. So it creates the Sports Interactive directory there. How do I change where the game is looking to another location? The onedrive simply isn't big enough to start putting all the custom stuff there unless you want to pay microsoft. 

6 hours ago, packfan68 said:

I think I know what the issue is. When it is installed from the microsoft store it makes the "onedrive" the default location for all data like saves, etc.. So it creates the Sports Interactive directory there. How do I change where the game is looking to another location? The onedrive simply isn't big enough to start putting all the custom stuff there unless you want to pay microsoft. 

Ah, the onedrive issue... it just creates another instance of your documents folder...

I'm not overly familiar with MS store... so I had a google. Does this work for you?

If the game is movable to a different drive, you should be able to do that by going to the PC Settings > Apps > Apps & features. Find the game > menu or option icon > Move.

To set your download location, go to Settings app >> System >> Storage >> Advanced Storage Settings >> Where new content is saved.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/on-the-microsoft-store-how-do-i-change-the/e43d682b-01b0-4aa0-bfef-94a7f5c3c41a

Doesnt really help. Gave it a shot but the directory still goes to the one drive. May have to pay Microsoft so I can enjoy FM lol.

42 minutes ago, packfan68 said:

Doesnt really help. Gave it a shot but the directory still goes to the one drive. May have to pay Microsoft so I can enjoy FM lol.

Ok, I finally found the answer, and unfortunately it's not possible to change from the MS Store

Microsoft Store/Xbox app

Unfortunately, it is not possible to change the Sports Interactive folder’s location for the Microsoft Store or Xbox app’s Football Manager.

https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/9996916052369-How-to-change-the-Football-Manager-s-Sports-Interactive-folder-location-in-my-computer

thank you....that is a massive misstep imo. You should ALWAYS be able to move folders and repoint to them. Especially something like this that can get very large.

• SI Staff

If you follow the top bit "Within Football Manager" that should work fine, the others are just options to do it via command line which MS store doesn;t expose

4 hours ago, EdL said:

If you follow the top bit "Within Football Manager" that should work fine, the others are just options to do it via command line which MS store doesn;t expose

I am not finding this thread. Can you link it?