Would've preferred to stay on the bench

Such a bad idea to have this mood in the game if you can't do anything about it. This is the kind of thing I'd transfer list a player over, but the game doesn't recognize it in that way. Like, fine - you can stay home instead.

I'm fine with it being a thing if you're, like, Real Madrid and you're bringing Mbappe off the bench up 3-0 in an early-round Copa del Rey game.  When it's a youth player?  Or a guy who wants more playing time?  Or a forward coming off the bench at 0-0 in the Champions League final?  Seriously?

53 minutes ago, tezcatlipoca665 said:

Such a bad idea to have this mood in the game if you can't do anything about it. This is the kind of thing I'd transfer list a player over, but the game doesn't recognize it in that way. Like, fine - you can stay home instead.

Just because you can't do anything about it doesn't mean it shouldn't be in the game. It can be implemented better/more logically but you shouldn't be able to control/affect everything. You're not supposed to be omnipotent.

2 minutes ago, wazzaflow10 said:

Just because you can't do anything about it doesn't mean it shouldn't be in the game. It can be implemented better/more logically but you shouldn't be able to control/affect everything. You're not supposed to be omnipotent.

But it isn't implemented better/more logically, and that's all I really care about.

17 minutes ago, tezcatlipoca665 said:

But it isn't implemented better/more logically, and that's all I really care about.

I mean you can still transfer list players for it if you're not in a situation where you think they should be feeling that way. the game is still telling you something about the players hidden attributes most likely. It might happen a little too frequently imo or not always in the correct context but you can still do something indirectly about it. There doesn't have to be a magic button to solve every problem with a click immediately.

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, wazzaflow10 said:

I mean you can still transfer list players for it if you're not in a situation where you think they should be feeling that way. the game is still telling you something about the players hidden attributes most likely. It might happen a little too frequently imo or not always in the correct context but you can still do something indirectly about it. There doesn't have to be a magic button to solve every problem with a click immediately.

I don't know why you're using words like 'omnipotent' and 'magic button' for this. I'd just like there to be a very small series of events that make sense. 'Would've preferred to stay on the bench' > the ability to follow it up with a reaction after the match like a manager would do.

Edited by tezcatlipoca665

It's annoying but I get it - I'm up 4-0 and sub on 5 squad players at 60 minutes to help meet their PT quota, they probably think they're above garbage time. But guess what, you're not! And if you play like crap, your overall rating is going down to meet that target I set to raise your squad status/give you a new contract. 

If I sold off everyone who would "rather have stayed on the bench" I would have 11 starters and no one else. Personality, ability, age, squad status, none of it seems to matter.

If it remains part of the game, it needs to be better implemented.  Although it is rare in my game, every time I see it, I try to interpret why it has happened and can never find any sort of logical answer, especially for a young emerging player who should be desperate to show off his talents on the pitch.

Il 2/5/2024 in 20:54 , djpdavey ha scritto:

My subbed on player. Noted for next game.

bench.JPG

I had the same kind of reaction when my team was losing 6-0 and there were like 10 minutes left. Nobody's motivated to play in that kind of scenario

On 03/05/2024 at 20:32, starbugg said:

I ignore it now, along with players complaining about too much quickness and strength training, it doesn't seem to effect anything.

I agree. If there is a correlation with personality type or anything else worth noting, then I haven’t seen it.

It's been like that for years and has been ignored game after game.

Give a 17 year-old his professional debut; "would have preferred to stay on the bench." Yeah right...

I see this much less often if I remember to give the 'team talk' before sending on the substitutes. They can still be anxious or complacent but telling them to turn the game or see out the result has meant I don't see 'preferred to stay on the bench' these days.

On 03/05/2024 at 20:32, starbugg said:

I ignore it now, along with players complaining about too much quickness and strength training, it doesn't seem to effect anything.

I just interpret this as a reflection of the individual player's personality, the kind that is never happy and always finds something to complain about. Its pretty much always the same players in my experience.

I don't believe it has anything to do with personality. Not from what I can gather. I Have had professional personalities say the exact thing as someone that is fickle. And that ranges from a Breakthrough prospect to a squad player who I am trying to give some extra minutes to.

I personally believe it is something that was implemented incorrectly. There really doesn't seem to be any other reasoning for it.

There has to be some circumstances where a player would have rather stayed on the bench. E.G a Regular starter or Important player coming on in the 60th minute of a game you are leading 3-0 when there is no real need to risk them. But even then in real life a player would likely be thankful for some game time, Unless of course that player is a mercenary or someone disgruntled at being benched to give someone else some game time (But we don't know if this is a factor in the game)
But for a player who is a squad player/breakthrough prospect/fringe player/backup - You would expect any of these to be appreciative of any playing time they can get, but they never are. 

I'll have to take a look at what Warlock has said and talk to the players before subbing them on and see if this improves things.

The first time I saw that reaction it left me puzzled, but right now I only see it during:

1. Friendly games;

2. Garbage time;

3. Tightly contested games when the sub is in low condition or has low morale.

It all makes sense to me. What doesn't make sense, but maybe has something to do with my reputation/mental stats, is that I don't see any difference among all those emojis, in terms of performance. Sure, if a player is having a good game he's happy, delighted, convinced, and so on, but I lost count of motivated/focused players whose ratings fall way below 6.7 and players who "struggle to meet the pace of the game" "would have preferred to say on the bench" or "look nervous" who eventually score or make an assist.