Loaning Out Players FM24

I'm a top half English Premiership team with good Reserve and Youth Players, but I am really struggling to loan out players. I've never struggled as much as on this version. I have tried loaning them out by myself at 100%, 50%, 30% and Unspecific. I even employed a Loan Manager to try and sell. Still nothing. All the players are between Conference and Lower Championship level. The loan manager has managed to loan out 2 players, but to a feeder club, for free, and they are nowhere good enough to play. 

I have looked at other Premiership teams and they all have players out on loan.

I have top 5 English Leagues as Playable and 7 European Leagues as View Only.

Is there a setting that i have missed?

That's a pretty small database, there's not going to be a huge transfer market - a lot of loan movement is to Belgium/Netherlands/lower table Bundesliga IME. 

Players who haven't shown anything in senior football (youth, reserves) you can sometimes push to get 100% salary paid if you're a huge club but really if you're sending them to L2/L1/Championship as developmental loans you should probably expect to pick up the entire salary. Once they've shown something, it gets much easier to (though not from English leagues - below the Premier League they're all broke) get salary covered and a fee. Most of my loans end up to Belgium or Scandinavian leagues, they're always happy to pay 100% salary and a good loan fee for someone who can start for them (but would be stuck in my U21s).

Thanks for the reply.

Belgium, Holland and Germany are 3 of the European League's that I have as View Only. Do they have to be Playable for players to be loaned?

I have looked at where Villa, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Wolves are loaning there players to. If you exclude there feeder clubs, 75% are loaned to English clubs. And most of those are paying the majority of the players wages.

for same reason players development is broken compared to other FM engine...

a few years ago we used to loan a young player and he would come back amazing if he played well...

in FM24 players barely progress...

we lost that one season turn carrear we had when a young player in 1year would develop enough for being good....

i used to  have great players on my youth team and now they almost dont develop...

i found thathaving a good young football director with good stats training them helps a lot...

but FM 24 is over...

too many issues

Ok, I think I've found out how to do this.

If you go into the individual player screen. Then into transfer. Then into Offer Via Transfer Room. Set your requirements. Press Offer Via Transfer Room. 90% of the time, I get no offers.

But, if you select Targets, then Add, then All Clubs From Nation. Then manually select Nations / Teams. Then Offer From Transfer Room, 75% of the time, I do get offers.

So then I thought I'd try the same thing with selling a player. Yep, you get more offers by manually selecting the Nations / Teams.

Loan.PNG

Loan 2.PNG

On 10/05/2024 at 12:53, 2 Left Feet said:

Ok, I think I've found out how to do this.

If you go into the individual player screen. Then into transfer. Then into Offer Via Transfer Room. Set your requirements. Press Offer Via Transfer Room. 90% of the time, I get no offers.

But, if you select Targets, then Add, then All Clubs From Nation. Then manually select Nations / Teams. Then Offer From Transfer Room, 75% of the time, I do get offers.

So then I thought I'd try the same thing with selling a player. Yep, you get more offers by manually selecting the Nations / Teams.

Loan.PNG

Loan 2.PNG

Seems this only works for loans and not for transfers.

On 29/04/2024 at 07:06, 2 Left Feet said:

I'm a top half English Premiership team with good Reserve and Youth Players, but I am really struggling to loan out players. I've never struggled as much as on this version. I have tried loaning them out by myself at 100%, 50%, 30% and Unspecific. I even employed a Loan Manager to try and sell. Still nothing. All the players are between Conference and Lower Championship level. The loan manager has managed to loan out 2 players, but to a feeder club, for free, and they are nowhere good enough to play. 

I have looked at other Premiership teams and they all have players out on loan.

I have top 5 English Leagues as Playable and 7 European Leagues as View Only.

Is there a setting that i have missed?

It is the same for transfers and loans, the player needs to be interested in leaving to generate interest. You can do this by offering them out and asking about interest at points when the AI have cash. If you're signing players (youth or otherwise) you want to loan out, put it in their contract.

Usually if you can't sell a player and your wage structure doesn't suck you can do a loan to sell option late in the window where they'll cover his wages.

If you're sure you want the out on a permanent basis click make them surplus to requirements on the offer out.