Real World vs Original

I'm curious how people are finding Real World mode. I'm undecided whether to do a save in Real World or Original, and, if in Real World, whether to disable the first transfer window.

I'm interested to know how people have found Real World with respect to dealing with important players who you know will leave before the end of the window (do you play them at all) and how often you might get one of your new signings completely unfit or injured when they do arrive. Also, if a new signing is a player you really don't need, especially if you're in great form, how do you deal with that if his agreed status is regular starter?

Additionally, when disabling the first transfer window, I often find there are no budgets in the winter window either, and I'm interested to know how that affects people's game worlds and realism. I run around 60 leagues and would usually expect to see action during the winter.

Any thoughts on whether Real World and in particular combined with disabling the first transfer window makes for a compelling save would be appreciated. I've only ever played Original. 

Edited by DrIgz

Bit the bullet and started a save in Real World, but without disabling the transfer window. I won't make any transfers myself in the first window, but this will at least allow me to do some business in winter if necessary, as I will still have a budget.

I'm still curious how people are finding the new mode, and what strategy they've employed regarding their own transfers, if anyone has any thoughts or experiences. 

I'd love to understand the difference between the 3 options - Real World, Original & can't remember what the 3rd one was. I've read them a few times but simply don't understand them or their differences

2 hours ago, Brodie21 said:

I'd love to understand the difference between the 3 options

Original - the way FM has always worked in the past. All transfer business done during the window IRL is in place at the start of the save. 

Real world - all transfer business happens on the appropriate date during the window in game.

Your world - no transfers made during the real-life window are done. You start with a blank slate.

The problem with 'original' is that a player who joined your club in September IRL will be in the squad in July. Becomes even more noticeable with the January window - when you started a new save with the winter update, players who joined in January are in the squad the previous July.

'Real world' is arguably more realistic but you need to remember who's joining and leaving up to transfer deadline day.

'Your world' gives you the chance to avoid transfers your club made IRL if you don't agree with the business. Some Man Utd fans, for example, like this because they can swerve the Mason Mount signing and spend the money on players they think are better in terms of squad building.

I may be missing some of the finer detail, but I think that covers the broad strokes.

The problem with 'original' is that a player who joined your club in September IRL will be in the squad in July. Becomes even more noticeable with the January window - when you started a new save with the winter update, players who joined in January are in the squad the previous July.

This above is for the real world not original

Original is the old school mode, you start with same squad as IRL, and you make transfers as you go along pending on when the date of the transfer window.

I like very much this new feature, however I would like to understand if and how are changing the budget for transfers and salaries if you choose the option "your world".

For instance, if IRL the club you are managing bought a player costing 100M and you would have him on your team if you use "original", then will you have these money available as budget if you start with "your world"?

52 minutes ago, Proz said:

changing the budget for transfers and salaries if you choose the option "your world"

Yes... the transfer doesn't happen so you have the money available to spend as you want.

45 minuti fa, warlock ha scritto:

Yes... the transfer doesn't happen so you have the money available to spend as you want.

Yes, but the budget as in the  start of the game is the same I think, because it is dictated by the financial data in the editor. 

So for instance:

Transfer budget 80 M

Salary budget 20 M

- with original you start the with team of February 2024

- with realistic you start with team of September 2023 and I think that already  set transfers will have an impact on budget for transfers and salaries 

- with your reality you start with team of September 2023 

If let's say, the team you're managing IRL life bought a player who cost 60 M and earns 10 M per year:

- with original you got it for free, basically, since you have your budgets intact 

- with real life you get a drop in February, when the transfer happens

- with your reality you have same budget as original...but without the player

1 hour ago, Proz said:

with your reality you have same budget as original...but without the player

Not quite. Man Utd are probably not a clear example because the debt is so enormous. But here's the budgets in 'original' mode:

image.png.abbd6c6bdfa16d13eda445d94ece4645.png

And here's the budgets in 'your world' mode:

image.png.42989ea08a3b2ed90c314349007f1b6c.png

Summer transfers haven't/don't happen so there's a bigger transfer budget. But it looks as though the board have snaffled the extra cash. Or to put it a more realistic way, in real life the board backed Ten Hag and put up the money for Mason Mount; in FM they keep most of the money to service the debt. I'd guess that every club is treated differently.

Interesting, I never really explored the Your World option and how it affects finances. Good to have a better understanding of how it works, thanks for the info!

From an realism point of view i'd argue that the Your World  option is the way to go.

The real world option does do transfers on set dates but those may well have been done in response to injuries etc.  So for me I want to walk in on a set date and deal with the squad i've got from there on.

All personal preference though I guess

19 hours ago, warlock said:

Not quite. Man Utd are probably not a clear example because the debt is so enormous. But here's the budgets in 'original' mode:

image.png.abbd6c6bdfa16d13eda445d94ece4645.png

And here's the budgets in 'your world' mode:

image.png.42989ea08a3b2ed90c314349007f1b6c.png

Summer transfers haven't/don't happen so there's a bigger transfer budget. But it looks as though the board have snaffled the extra cash. Or to put it a more realistic way, in real life the board backed Ten Hag and put up the money for Mason Mount; in FM they keep most of the money to service the debt. I'd guess that every club is treated differently.

Per the bug forum, that's a mistake that didn't get fixed in the last patch. So MU is going to be at a major disadvantage for any 'your world' save that is started, unless you edit their starting money and transfer budget.