Modifying the Club World Cup

Ein

Is it possible to set the host nation's national league champions as one of the teams to qualify? If you select 'Get Last Winner of Competition', the competition has to be specified.

Use best teams in division instead. Don't select a division, instead there should be an option to just set a nation, then select host nation rather than a specific nation. Set it to sort teams by last position and to get a max of 1 team.

Thanks. That solved the number of teams error I was getting. If I test rules now I get "*random team* has no squad selected for FCWC playoff match on *date*".

Would only add that if the host nation's league hasn't ticked over yet you might need "get best team in competition" which I believe takes whoever's ranked 1st, while "best teams in division" is last year's champion.

The registration issue sounds like it could be a date thing, like the hidden CWC rules are for a specific date range only maybe. For the playoff itself you could try using a different (more flexible) set of registration rules

On 22/04/2024 at 17:09, Ein said:

Thanks. That solved the number of teams error I was getting. If I test rules now I get "*random team* has no squad selected for FCWC playoff match on *date*".

This is generally either 1 of 2 issues.

Firstly, you just have an issue with your fixture rules and they need fixing. Have a look at what you've got and see if anything could be amended. I'd say simplicity is best here.

Or alternatively, it's because the teams has multiple matches really close together. Could be they have a cup/league match on the same day that can't be rearranged or something. If it's this one altering your schedule may fix the issue.