Coaches and preferred formations.

Let's just say you prefer to play a 4-3-3 DM Wide. In an ideal world, you would have top level coaches with the same preferred formation.

But...

What would you do if you played a formation that wasn't a typical formation? Like, a strikerless formation, an asymmetrical formation or a Total Voetbol recreation. What formation would you look for in your coaches in that scenario?

12 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Let's just say you prefer to play a 4-3-3 DM Wide. In an ideal world, you would have top level coaches with the same preferred formation.

But...

What would you do if you played a formation that wasn't a typical formation? Like, a strikerless formation, an asymmetrical formation or a Total Voetbol recreation. What formation would you look for in your coaches in that scenario?

Favoured formation for your coaches has absolutely no connection to how well your players develop from training. I still like to hire coaches whose fave formation is my team's formation for pure flavour/roleplay effect. Aside from your Assistant Coach who you will want to take over if you ever go on holiday or just sim the games.

Edited by crusadertsar

7 minutes ago, crusadertsar said:

Favoured formation for your coaches has absolutely no connection to how well your players develop from training. I still like to hire coaches whose fave formation is my team's formation for pure flavour/roleplay effect. Aside from your Assistant Coach who you will want to take over if you ever go on holiday or just sim the games.

Would the preferred formation of your HoYD have any effect on the sort of players that would appear in the youth intake?

Just now, EnigMattic1 said:

Would the preferred formation of your HoYD have any effect on the sort of players that would appear in the youth intake?

Yes that's probably the only example of a staff where favourite formation matters. But I thought you meant only coaches who are involved in the training.

8 minutes ago, crusadertsar said:

Yes that's probably the only example of a staff where favourite formation matters. But I thought you meant only coaches who are involved in the training.

I guess it was a bit of both in that respect.