Player personality impact on in-match body language - Messi got the shakes

According to the body language Lionel Messi is nervous about an away game against Nottingham Forest in January…

I bought him to add experience and nous (and brilliance ofc). Didn’t expect him to get the wobbles about a trip to the midlands with v little riding on it. 

Is body language randomised?

IMG_1764.png

On 19/04/2024 at 23:46, SimonHoddle said:

To any moderator why was this moved? It’s surely a cross format question. Player body language is a universal concept in FM

Hi @SimonHoddle the reason for moving is because the game is Touch/ console, with regarded to body language a lot of factors into why. Even the best players in real life would get nervous. 

Checked in with the team on this one and morale will be playing a part. They may react negatively to criticism if their morale is generally low. It's also worth considering other attributes such as professionalism. 

On 22/04/2024 at 11:20, Dan Sheppard said:

Checked in with the team on this one and morale will be playing a part. They may react negatively to criticism if their morale is generally low. It's also worth considering other attributes such as professionalism. 

Cheers Dan.

Clearly IRL Messi is unlikely to be nervous about an away match at the City Ground but this is a game and has its own rules and parameters.

On 21/04/2024 at 13:49, zakbrown96 said:

Hi @SimonHoddle the reason for moving is because the game is Touch/ console, with regarded to body language a lot of factors into why. Even the best players in real life would get nervous. 

Cheers Zak. Are there different inputs on body language on the different formats then?

I’ve answered 2nd point above. Really don’t think Messi would come nervous playing Forest but I have to remember this isn’t real life and the game will have its own outcomes 

15 hours ago, SimonHoddle said:

Cheers Zak. Are there different inputs on body language on the different formats then?

I’ve answered 2nd point above. Really don’t think Messi would come nervous playing Forest but I have to remember this isn’t real life and the game will have its own outcomes 

As I’m just a forum mod I couldn’t honestly say, @Zachary Whyte are you able to clarify?