Adding Teams to euro comps

adamf154

Hi im playing fm 23 and I would like to know if there is a way of adding more cup or league winners to European games, the add continental rules is greyed out, I downloaded a England top level 10 database and ive been playing that, ive decided to change it up a bit, ive added the top 8 scottish leagues to the end of level 10 and the Scottish and league cups but now that ive done that they don’t qualify for European comps, they are in it the 1st season as they had already qualified, I ran for a couple of season to test it out but there is no euro comps after 1st season is there any way to add them back to qualifying for European games without it being too complicated, ive tried a lot of different stuff within the league and cups but nothing works I think it there must be something i need to do within the actual euro comps but no idea what it is though and I cant really find any info, and I would also like to add other cups and league winners to the comps to give other teams a taste of europe

Continental rules is greyed out because it should be a separate rules file, not in the same file as nation rules.

The Scottish teams don't qualify for European competitions because their continental cup is probably still set as Scotland, and they're in the 11th? division. If you change their continental cup nation to England, they would be able to qualify for Europe. Although they'd qualify through English competitions. So they'd qualify through the EPL and FA/EFL Cups and be counted as English, just like Cardiff/Swansea. Scottish UEFA places are meant for independent Scottish competitions, not Scottish clubs playing in England or Scottish competitions running under English nation rules. There are ways around that, although it would need an independent Scottish league system still and quite a bit of messing around in the editor. I've managed to get Swansea/Cardiff to use Cymru Premier UEFA places via a playoff. The same should work for Scotland. If you want to see how that works it's here:
https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/581424-fm24-welsh-epl-teams-in-europecymru-premier-championship-playoff/

UEFA qualifying places can't be edited. You can edit some parts of the default competitions, create new continental competitions, or a completely new set of rules/qualifying that override the existing ones, but you can't edit the default qualifying/coefficient system.

Edited by rusty217

thnaks for the info but as i stated at the start im playing fm 23, your file is fm 24 which doesnt work, if havent seen anything to do with continental cup and the nation, i have obviously set the nations to england so i can play the leagues in england and i have changed some teams to england but not them all yet, but it will be a while b4 any of the teams get to the premier or win any of the cups, but i have played with scottish teams in england b4 and they have always qualified for europe through the english cups and league, the database is quite crap and a nightmare, its taken me ages to get where i am and am not about to mess around with much more of it, because i learnt the hard way about changing rules like subs and transfers saving it verifiying it all then going back to basic rules to do something else and realizing that all the sub rules and anything else i changed had reverted back to what they were at the start, and it took me a few times of changing them to realize at what stage they were changing and i if wanted to set up new continental rules i wouldnt be able to do it with the same database im using, so i dont want to waste a whole load of time changing things then trying to get it to work

19 hours ago, adamf154 said:

thnaks for the info but as i stated at the start im playing fm 23, your file is fm 24 which doesnt work, if havent seen anything to do with continental cup and the nation, i have obviously set the nations to england so i can play the leagues in england and i have changed some teams to england but not them all yet, but it will be a while b4 any of the teams get to the premier or win any of the cups, but i have played with scottish teams in england b4 and they have always qualified for europe through the english cups and league, the database is quite crap and a nightmare, its taken me ages to get where i am and am not about to mess around with much more of it, because i learnt the hard way about changing rules like subs and transfers saving it verifiying it all then going back to basic rules to do something else and realizing that all the sub rules and anything else i changed had reverted back to what they were at the start, and it took me a few times of changing them to realize at what stage they were changing and i if wanted to set up new continental rules i wouldnt be able to do it with the same database im using, so i dont want to waste a whole load of time changing things then trying to get it to work

There should be 3 different nation settings.

Nation, which you need to set to England for them to be in English leagues.

Based Nation, which determines where newgens come from. Should be left as Scotland.

Continental Cup Nation, this is the one that determines which country they qualify for Europe from. Not sure whether it was FM23 or FM24 but recently this stopped automatically changing when moving clubs to a different country's leagues, it has to be changed manually now. If they're only playing in competitions under England's nation rules this would need to be England, otherwise they can't qualify for Europe at all.

But yeah, even with it set to England, that'd just mean they use England's places from the EPL and cups. There wouldn't be any extra places for the Scottish teams in England, just the 7 or so current places that England get to fight for.

FYI you can use multiple editor files at once. I use over 200 I think. So having continental rules in a separate file wouldn't be an issue. There are times they could conflict of course, but the majority of the time you're fine using multiple files together.

Posted (edited)

yeah ive used multiple editors before, all i really wanted to do is add a couple more cups to the europa/conf cups, so is there any easy way to add to the 7 or so places england gets or would i have to go down the complicated route and add continental rules

Edited by adamf154

14 hours ago, adamf154 said:

yeah ive used multiple editors before, all i really wanted to do is add a couple more cups to the europa/conf cups, so is there any easy way to add to the 7 or so places england gets or would i have to go down the complicated route and add continental rules

Yeah, you'd have to add continental rules. If you want to add more places you'd have to re-create everything from scratch too.

If you want to add an extra competition below the Conference League however, that'd be possible and not that complicated. Just add continental rules, make sure the Nations/Teams pages are both completely blank (otherwise they override the default coefficient rules), set it up under Other Cups instead. Give the competition a set up date after the UCL, UEL and UECL set up. Set it to get all teams from those competitions with the Ignore Teams box ticked. Then tell it to get the best x teams from domestic leagues. It will ignore the teams in existing European competitions so start picking from teams below those, eg. teams that finished 8th and below. Then set the cup up however you like format wise.

thanks for the info but i havent a clue what i should be doing or what this actually does, you say its not that complicated but it is, you say leave teams/nations blank, well you cant get into advanced rules if their is no nations selected, there are other problems getting into advanced by some rules that i cant even see or set up, im not sure what i should be doing or putting under other cups, so im not going to keep messing around with it cause it isnt going to work and the database im using goes to level 11 and the main database only goes to level 5 or something i think and i want to pick teams all the way down and not sure if i have to go to nation rules to enable the leagues, which then stops me from being able to add continental rules

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

so i managed to find a database that i downloaded that had new europa and european cup rules, so i used that a template to make some new rules but can i just say first this database is an absolute piece of crap findiing errors that dont exist, some i had to go back to main rules save it then go back to advanced save it again then test it to get rid of some of those errors, i wanted it to work first befiore i added to much, so i didnt waste my time spending ages adding stuff and it not working, so i managed to get some new rules to work in the champions, i added the sky bet leagues and it did work when i started a new game but after i added i started adding more stuff it never worked again, but i didnt save it at the point it worked, but i eventually got it working again with just the championship and league 1, so i made sure that i saved that as a separate template and then added more stuff and again it never worked again, so when i loaded up the one that worked before it didnt work again either, same databases northing changed, so ive tried doing a separate europa cup and adding it to the champs league and the europa has never worked, so it think the game decides whether it works or not and when i say not working there is no actual european cups in the game although 1 did have the europa cup but didnt have any games for some reason, ive tried loads of different things but nothing is working im getting sick of trying now and am close to giving up especially when 1 save works at one point then doesnt next time, even my main league database has found loads of new errors when i havent touched it in days, but luckily i had a few different saves, like i say absolute and utter piece of crap

Edited by adamf154