New position for a player

9 minutes ago, NineCloudNine said:

You can train a new position/role, yes.

Thanks, Sorry for being stupid but where is the option? I've looked where it used to be in the training section but I can't see it. All I can see is training for a role they're already capable in (Position Role / Duty), working on free kicks etc (Additional Focus), Intensity Level & Weaker Foot Training.

12 minutes ago, Brodie21 said:

Thanks, Sorry for being stupid but where is the option? I've looked where it used to be in the training section but I can't see it. All I can see is training for a role they're already capable in (Position Role / Duty), working on free kicks etc (Additional Focus), Intensity Level & Weaker Foot Training.

Assuming you have control of individual training, right click a player (on any screen), pick training - position/role/duty and you can pick any position, any role for that position, and any duty for that role. Ideally play them regularly there as well ofc.

Edited by NineCloudNine

20 minutes ago, NineCloudNine said:

Assuming you have control of individual training, right click a player (on any screen), pick training - position/role/duty and you can pick any position, any role for that position, and any duty for that role. Ideally play them regularly there as well ofc.

Fantastic! Thank you very much :thup:

3 hours ago, Brodie21 said:

Fantastic! Thank you very much :thup:

It's also at development -> training, you can see everything there.

• 2 weeks later...

I find doing this works well and can unlock all sorts of value by moving players to positions they fit better. Takes about half a season of playing time for them to adapt, with timing varying somewhat based on their hidden adaptability rating.

Most frequent position switch I find myself doing is midfielder to wing-back and vice versa