Frustration with the loan system

I feel like the loan system is broken.. 

Reason for feeling this is when I look at a player that is 'Loan' listed and feel he would strengthen my team. No soon as I look to bring him in on loan the Ai immediately is demanding £150k playing fee, £150k loan fee (Figures will vary) and also want all wages paid for both playing and non playing. As well as wanting some kind of bonus dependant on either being promoted/not relegated/winning some kind of cup.

Then on the other hand if I list a player for loan the AI will generally bid £0 loan fee for both playing/non playing and also want to pay none of the player in questions wages. Try and negotiate this and they immediately withdraw from negotiations.

I've even tried to do loans on final day of the window as demands sometimes go away, but for some reason on the current save none of the teams are budging on their demands towards me, yet when another Ai controlled team comes in for that player he usually goes for way way less than what the Ai is asking of me. All this despite me offering guaranteed first team football. 

Anyone have any insight into why it's sooooooo bad. 

Also as a minor footnote. Quite a few times over various saves Clubs have offered first team football for one of my players only to then not even play him thus stagnating his progress. This really does need fixing.

I agree with your observations.

For FM24, the loan market is the least useful it has ever been. You can still find some clubs willing to pay and play your youngsters, but you have to endure the AI spamming you with free loan offers. The biggest change is the difficulty in finding any loans for yourself where you don't have to pay fees on top of wages. I think this has made building a competitive squad with a newly promoted team much tougher than in the past.

In fairness, it never felt realistic that I could loan in a dozen quality players for very little cost. That exploit is mostly closed now. There are still free loans available for players who aren't atop the footbally pyramid, which makes sense.