Can't get wingers to work EVER!

1 hour ago, szymunk said:

I've got top players on wings and they never perform. I can't figure it out. I tried everything. I am about to give up on FM, please help me out.

Zrzut ekranu 2024-03-29 o 10.04.02.png

Zrzut ekranu 2024-03-29 o 10.07.57.png

Your playing with inside forwards not wingers, the half space is also quite congested with players. 

I would consider changing some of your roles and duties to balance your tactic. 

1 minute ago, szymunk said:

I am asking for advices, what changes did you have in mind

I don’t know your players well enough or know your preferred style to give a detailed answer.

@Johnny Acehas an excellent thread on 443’s. 

sorry I can’t link to it as I’m on the phone. 

@szymunk I would say that there are few things going on here some tactical and some outside of the tactics that are causing your poor ratings. 

if looking solely at ratings you have to accept that FM will penalise ratings if players lose headers in the case of leonardo and barbosa they will have problems with ratings if they don’t score or assist, that unfortunately is just a quirk of FM. 

also you are in February in second place which means pressure comes into the equation all your matches now will be affected by the big match rating of the players that can also affect performance. 

Tactically I would say you have too many players focused on scoring and not enough on creation AF IF CMA all focus on scoring and also MEZ and IFS to a slightly lesser extent are still very attacking roles, you need to balance it a bit. 

I don’t know all of your players but you need less focused on attacking and add creators  I would switch baldazini to a AP on support change the DM to be a DM defend not a DLP. As Edison is injured I would bring in koopmeiners to be a CM support. that at least would give you a bit of balance without changing too much. 

don’t forget you are second in the league and doing well it a can be easy to react to a slight dip in form or results, don’t change too much at this point go slight more conservative with your roles and maybe in the summer transfer window look to improve your defensive personals quality. 

good luck 

Both of your IF got competitors for the sapces they'd like to exploit (CMa for IFs and AFa for IFa), and as said by @jeru everybody are more prone to look for opportunities for themselves rather than creating them for other teammates. Furthermore you're playing on the front foot with lines and OoP TIs and are asking your players to dribble more towards the opponent's defence, but at the same time you ask them to pass in spaces that most likely don't exist as you squeeze your opponent into their final third. It's a bit demanding if you're not an elite team

I'd add some variety in roles, for example Ruggeri as WBa bombing forward and Ederson as CMs holding position, letting IFs to come inside with some room to play in, Baldanzi as Mez-a and Barbosa as IWa with stay wider PI overloading the right side and opening the channel, and Parisi (left footed) could be a perfect IWBs if played on the right flank

Edited by Fox-7-

You’ve got 5 players attacking tbe same narrow area around the edge of the box and the other 5 sitting back defending.

Your wide players aren’t Wingers they are Inside Forwards, so basically wide strikers, not creators. You have no-one providing width and no-one linking defence and attack.

Suggestions (without knowing your players:

* turn one of your IF into a Winger

* make the FB on the opposite side to your winger either a FB-A or a Wing Back

* put the Mez on the same side as your Winger, not the side of the IF

* play your other CM as an AP, on support for most games or attack against weaker teams