please help with transfering teams from cup stage to playoff league stage in comp A

Hello everyone,

I can't transfer the best 2 teams from phase 0 (cup), either the finalists or the winners and losers of the final, as you like, to phase 1 (playoff league) within competition A.

Either the teams arrive a year late or the editor throws an "Round 1 needs 18 teams, only 16 found" error.

The 16 teams come from 8 subleagues in the same competition, they are champions and runners-up.

I assume that I need entries in phase 0 (Cup) under "Fate Actions" and / or (?) in phase 1 "teams"? Its probably not that difficult but I'm totally stuck. 

The german translation makes it worse somehow, sometimes round is translated with round, sometimes with stage, sometimes with phase, sometimes there is simply nothing at all, so yes, I don't really have a precise vocabulary, as well, with the product.

I would be very happy for some help, 

best regards

Faber

Translated with DeepL

Edited by mrfaber

HI mrfaber, 

I think you actually need to do both. 

In stage 0, under fate actions, I would add a new rule that looks like this;

editor1.thumb.png.275fc4210712cefcbc80c952104f8c2f.png

I would try editing the teams in stage 1 by adding rules like this:

editor2.thumb.png.bee2bb7217f473fcdd09864638b45dda.png

editor3.thumb.png.ec962541c76e427a452891dbd2af5d45.png

I would use that as a starting point - I think it would create a link between your stage 0 and stage 1 for your teams. 

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

EDIT: It works! Thank you so much. Had to leave the Main Stage Name in 'Teams' empty. So happy right now.

Hey, 

thanks for your answer.  I tried it, unfortunately, it still throws the error. My settings are in the attachment png. 

Editor doesn't seem to recognize the semi final winners, at least thats my theory. There is no difference if I use the origin or the target main stage in the teams Main Stage Name Field. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. 

I have checked the date of the semi-final and the date of the play-off start and the chronology is correct, but is it possible that no winner of the semi-final can be determined at the time the rule is applied?

greetings,

ostwind.png

Edited by mrfaber