Continental Cup picking teams from previous season

Hi guys, I created a continental competition based in North America.

So from September to Jan there are 3 regional cups. The winners and runner up of each cup move on to the "Champions League " cup which runs from Feb to Apr.

My issue I'm facing is the " Champions League " cup is picking those qualified teams from the year before, instead of the current season. For example for the year 2024 /2025, regional cup runs smoothly but the " Champions League " cup will select the qualified teams from year 2023/2024.

I tried changing the schedule to run from March to November because I thought running across 2 years might be the issue. However even with the change to run the competitions within the year, the cup is still picking the qualified teams from the year before instead of the current year.

How do I rectify this ? Thank you.

I think you'll have to do some work in the advanced editor to make it work. Each of the teams from your competitions need to qualify for the next stage in the same season, and there isn't a way to set that up in the basic version of the db. You can take a look at my concacaf db to see what it can look like.