Can a second division league have a Continental Cup spot?

For current leagues with pro/rel, it isn't worth trying to add something like this, but for North America where countires don't have pro/rel (USA,Canada, Mexico). 

So like adding a continental spot for like the USL C (div 2 in US), winning the league qualifies you for the CCL (North American CL) . Is that even possible to do in editor? I was testing/trying somethings changing some of the continental cup rules in other stage rules from MLS & USL to see and get it to work but really got zero results. I'm also not sure even sure that's the spot, those changes need to be or the CCL is just too hardcoded to even attempt something like this. 

If anyone knows if its possible or any suggestion, any help will be greatly appreciated.

A long time ago I tried to recreate the cup between the first places of Serie B and the first places of League 2, but at least with Basic Rule, it doesn't work. But I saw a guy who managed to do it in Advanced Rules on Youtube. But it's a very long process actually so idk if it's worthy

On 13/03/2024 at 03:21, shirtlessgibbyy said:

For current leagues with pro/rel, it isn't worth trying to add something like this, but for North America where countires don't have pro/rel (USA,Canada, Mexico). 

So like adding a continental spot for like the USL C (div 2 in US), winning the league qualifies you for the CCL (North American CL) . Is that even possible to do in editor? I was testing/trying somethings changing some of the continental cup rules in other stage rules from MLS & USL to see and get it to work but really got zero results. I'm also not sure even sure that's the spot, those changes need to be or the CCL is just too hardcoded to even attempt something like this. 

If anyone knows if its possible or any suggestion, any help will be greatly appreciated.

I'm pretty sure it'd be possible, just a pain in the butt to do. North America makes it worse, the CCC is one of the more restrictive continental competitions. TBH the easiest way to do it would be to just use the US Open Cup. That already gives a CCC place, so if you wanted it for lower league teams you could just remove MLS teams from the Open Cup.

On 16/03/2024 at 06:34, RazorITA said:

A long time ago I tried to recreate the cup between the first places of Serie B and the first places of League 2, but at least with Basic Rule, it doesn't work. But I saw a guy who managed to do it in Advanced Rules on Youtube. But it's a very long process actually so idk if it's worthy

Yeah, this is possible. Not hard to setup either. Just set it up like a domestic cup with teams drawn from specific divisions (ie. 2nd tiers). If you do this make sure the Teams/Nations pages in advanced continental rules are completely empty/deactivated though, anything there will mess up the default European qualification rules.

On 12/03/2024 at 14:21, shirtlessgibbyy said:

In my experience with custom continental cups, you should typically be able to assign continental spots in any way your heart desires by editing the nation's advanced rules (in the top division under Other Stage Rules->Continental Cup Rules, so in this case MLS), and placing your second division rule high enough that the game actually picks that many teams. The CCL is weird and has a bunch of opaque stuff, so this might not work normally for your specific plan, you might have to edit the CCL advanced rules directly, and that's a bit annoying to do (because it's not as easy to access continental competition rules in the PGE advanced rules unless you want to replace the competition entirely) so might be best saved as a last resort.

On 17/03/2024 at 08:59, rusty217 said:

I'm pretty sure it'd be possible, just a pain in the butt to do. North America makes it worse, the CCC is one of the more restrictive continental competitions. TBH the easiest way to do it would be to just use the US Open Cup. That already gives a CCC place, so if you wanted it for lower league teams you could just remove MLS teams from the Open Cup.

Yeah, this is possible. Not hard to setup either. Just set it up like a domestic cup with teams drawn from specific divisions (ie. 2nd tiers). If you do this make sure the Teams/Nations pages in advanced continental rules are completely empty/deactivated though, anything there will mess up the default European qualification rules.

Thanks for the reply, didn't even think of using the Open Cup spot as a resource. I ended up finding another way to make the second tier get a CCL spot. In FM terms it made USL a div 1 leagye but I got it to work, so I'm fine with it. Found it was simpiler to just create a new competition and then added MLS & USL C to it as its parent compition. That allowed me to make both division comp level 1 and it gave USLC 1 to 2 CCL spots each year. For some reason the spots fluctuated each year but USL had 1 spot at most each season. Got it to work that way without configuring to much. 

19 hours ago, Dallan said:

In my experience with custom continental cups, you should typically be able to assign continental spots in any way your heart desires by editing the nation's advanced rules (in the top division under Other Stage Rules->Continental Cup Rules, so in this case MLS), and placing your second division rule high enough that the game actually picks that many teams. The CCL is weird and has a bunch of opaque stuff, so this might not work normally for your specific plan, you might have to edit the CCL advanced rules directly, and that's a bit annoying to do (because it's not as easy to access continental competition rules in the PGE advanced rules unless you want to replace the competition entirely) so might be best saved as a last resort.

Yea, I ended up trying that having the USL division being the highest spot in Continental Cup Rules. When I testing it just seemed MLS was overrulling/ignoring the rules that were set. So overall left that idea, since it's not worth trying to break the MLS with it already being hardcoded to pieces. Overall found my solution by just making a new competition and setting the MLS/USL as its parent compitions within it. That seemed to give USLC 1 to 2 CCL spots each season. The spots fluctuated for some reason seach year but overall the USL have 1 spot each season. So got it to work in some way.