How to do to create regional divisions so right teams are promoted and relegated to the same regions as they are from?

Kaedmon

On my Football manager 24,I plan to create a lower swedish league system as close to real life as possible. Already at level 3 Div north and south then the divide starts, and from there it is more and more regional. Trying to get as far as tier 6 or even 7.  Example if Umeå are relegated to lower division. I dont want it to be relegated to a local division based in the south part of sweden, ande vice versa. I have tried to looked it up in the advance editor but the screen made me even more confused. I hope someone can Explain it to me? i Try to send some screen pics  Please i hope someone can help me with this and to understand how to do?

upper screen.png

lower screen.png

Edited by Kaedmon

• Kaedmon changed the title to How to do to create regional divisions so right teams are promoted and relegated to the same regions as they are from?

This is the page you want:

20240228175409_1.thumb.jpg.3f801e7e86272c634b8c4585b41aab2c.jpg

1st column is the division to assign a team to. 2nd/3rd columns are to use cities as the boundary. eg. if you set a city as the centre point then the closer it is to that city the more likely it will be assigned to that division. Local region is for teams with a local region assigned, so if they're in local region x assign to div. y etc. Regional Division is for if clubs have a regional division assigned in the database, teams typically won't for custom divisions so you might have to add it to every team if you want to use that. And chance is how highly to weigh things.

So in this example, a team set with Baden-Württemberg as their regional division will be assigned a 1000 score for the Baden-Württemberg division (and a negative score for all other divisions). A team based in the Baden-Württemberg local region will be assigned a 500 score for Baden-Württemberg division (and a negative score for all other divisions) and so on. You don't need to use both of these (or either, you could use city boundaries instead), I'm just using them here as it's easier for regions with multiple divisions. eg. Bavaria here. Teams that should be in Bavaria North will be assigned there, but if there are too many in that division then since they're in Bavaria still it would use Bavaria South as a backup league, it'd have a lower score than Bavarian North, but higher than all the other divisions still.

If using regional divisions I'd highly recommend setting this up on every single division too:

20240228175424_1.thumb.jpg.12dd29e73f43a99f62f43459597e3dcf.jpg

The minimum/maximum teams are the important part here. By default the game will try to balance all divisions, and will often ignore regional boundaries to do so. By specifically telling it how many teams should be in each division it should prevent that. If you want more flexible divisions so teams aren't moved if there are too many from their region, then you could vary the min/max figures (or add extra sets of rules for that division with different figures).

2 hours ago, rusty217 said:

This is the page you want:

20240228175409_1.thumb.jpg.3f801e7e86272c634b8c4585b41aab2c.jpg

1st column is the division to assign a team to. 2nd/3rd columns are to use cities as the boundary. eg. if you set a city as the centre point then the closer it is to that city the more likely it will be assigned to that division. Local region is for teams with a local region assigned, so if they're in local region x assign to div. y etc. Regional Division is for if clubs have a regional division assigned in the database, teams typically won't for custom divisions so you might have to add it to every team if you want to use that. And chance is how highly to weigh things.

So in this example, a team set with Baden-Württemberg as their regional division will be assigned a 1000 score for the Baden-Württemberg division (and a negative score for all other divisions). A team based in the Baden-Württemberg local region will be assigned a 500 score for Baden-Württemberg division (and a negative score for all other divisions) and so on. You don't need to use both of these (or either, you could use city boundaries instead), I'm just using them here as it's easier for regions with multiple divisions. eg. Bavaria here. Teams that should be in Bavaria North will be assigned there, but if there are too many in that division then since they're in Bavaria still it would use Bavaria South as a backup league, it'd have a lower score than Bavarian North, but higher than all the other divisions still.

If using regional divisions I'd highly recommend setting this up on every single division too:

20240228175424_1.thumb.jpg.12dd29e73f43a99f62f43459597e3dcf.jpg

The minimum/maximum teams are the important part here. By default the game will try to balance all divisions, and will often ignore regional boundaries to do so. By specifically telling it how many teams should be in each division it should prevent that. If you want more flexible divisions so teams aren't moved if there are too many from their region, then you could vary the min/max figures (or add extra sets of rules for that division with different figures).

Would this help with the issue I'm having with regards to teams moving divisions? 

36 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Would this help with the issue I'm having with regards to teams moving divisions? 

The min/max teams didn't solve that? At least when I tried testing it changed to a different error from the not enough teams one.

It might help, but IIRC you don't want it to reassign teams at all so if you can get that working it shouldn't be necessary. Might still need it to assign newly promoted/relegated teams though depending on how you do it eg. whether you promote/relegate teams to the parent division or specify specific child divisions to pro/rel to for each division.

Edited by rusty217

35 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

The min/max teams didn't solve that? At least when I tried testing it changed to a different error from the not enough teams one.

It might help, but IIRC you don't want it to reassign teams at all so if you can get that working it shouldn't be necessary. Might still need it to assign newly promoted/relegated teams though depending on how you do it eg. whether you promote/relegate teams to the parent division or specify specific child divisions to pro/rel to for each division.

Pro/rel in this pyramid is up to or down to the next division of the same name. I have no experience with either, so that could prove interesting. 

Don't get your hopes up too high regarding teams being placed in the right divisions.

When I tried to make the Dutch regional system, I thought I had a bulletproof system, with regional boundaries per division, with every team their preferred regional division on each tier was set. And in the game it still happened that teams from the north part of the country ended up in a division for the southern teams.

I have to admit, the last time I tried something like that was back in 2017, so maybe things have improved the past years.

But just saying: don't be too disappointed if - after hours and hours of editor work - the game still has a mind of its own.

Edited by Tobcoach