Can't Sign Any Staff

Hi all,

Having an interesting issue in my new save. Playing in Tier 10 in England using DanFM's database. I took over Stafford Town. I immediately placed an ad for a scout, a physio, and a coach. But after two weeks, no one was interested in any of my openings. I prefer to sign staff that way instead of min-maxing the search function, but I tried a staff search just to see what was going on. The lowliest staff member in the system wants £425 p/w! This is a for a coach with 1s in all of the key attributes. My max is £80 p/w. Rinse and repeat for the other staff positions. So, it certainly seems likely the reason I'm not getting any applicants is the wage thing. I tried asking to increase the wages, and they did - to £100 p/w.

Anyone have any idea what's going on, or how I can fix it?

I used the same database to manage my local club in the 8th tier and encountered the same. Even the worst coaches out there were too expensive. Not sure what you can do except use the in-game editor or research the clubs yourself and add some staff before you start a new game, the game just isn't really designed to scale that far down into the lower leagues. 

On 27/02/2024 at 03:36, steve.battisti said:

Anyone have any idea what's going on, or how I can fix it?

You’re playing a modded game and the mod doesn’t include staff at the level you need. That’s a problem for the modder, not the game. It would be a great addition to the mod to add staff that are not in the base game. I believe there are also pre-game editor settings to manage staff wage levels. Sounds like a fun project :).

Am 27.2.2024 um 04:36 schrieb steve.battisti:

My max is £80 p/w. Rinse and repeat for the other staff positions. So, it certainly seems likely the reason I'm not getting any applicants is the wage thing. I tried asking to increase the wages, and they did - to £100 p/w.

Well, i never played Tier 10 in England, only Tier 6 in Germany, so i dont know the wages average that is common in England for that tier.

What i can say is i am only able to hire pretty much u19 coaches that i offer u19 contracts that i change to first team coach after the agreed to such a contract (but have not finally decided) bcs they will still honor that contract and they earn around 20€ a week and have no or the lowest coaching licence. If you search for first team coaches they will ask a premium over u19 coaches, even if its only the contract offer.

Scouts are incredible hard to find and usually you will find none 3 or 4 weeks into the season and you need to go for staff with good scouting attributes offer them contracts that include a scouting sidejob - like Recruitment or u19 Perfomance Analysts that agree to wages as low as 8€ a week.

If you are lucky you can hire football directors past age 50 with scouting attributes in the 10+ region that will agree to a scout role for only 40€ a week (add high boni as they are 1 time payments and when you negoiate a new contract you minimize boni as only the base wage is the base for the renewal negotiation).

Physios are more common usually.

All of these have very low attributes but the coaches can be trained rather quickly if they take coaching courses.

As soon you have a "headcoach" or "assistant manager" they will filter out the staff that will not come anyway and the search becomes easier.

But as i said, this is Tier 6 Germany but i guess it will be similar in England at least in principle.

This has been an issue in the game for years and has affected a number of my save games.  Last year I started in the Swedish 4th tier, with a non modded database and had the same difficulties hiring staff.  This issue doesn't seem to affect staff who are already employed by other clubs though with them happily taking a lot less money in wages than free agent staff.

I will often eventually find someone whose wages I can get just within the budget after a bit of negotiating but I have found it impossible to fill a role before.

Ahh, THAT'S the charm of true LLM, even if you have the money, prospective staff won't move to your club because the move will mess up their personal lives. Easiest solutions: poach staff from other teams at or below your level, pick up a free agent who's profile mentions they want to move into Scouting/coaching/physio when they retire, send older players for leadership courses (if you have the money), keep running the ad until someone pops up and just try to hold the team together until then. Bottom level clubs likely don't have a fully-staffed backroom, and even if they do, they're so crap that they're not going to benefit most players in training. 

I play LLM every year, and it's always a struggle until you get a team promoted to the league system or you manage well enough to get hired away.