Reserve Investment Fund

From time to time my board puts substantial amounts into a "reserve investment fund".  However, when I look at the club's sources of income the line item "investments" always show no income.  Are the members of the board using personal Swiss accounts or should I expect to see some return on these investments?

From what I understand, it has to do with the integer max value. Basically, it's a computing problem. So, once a certain value, ie your bank balance, hits around 2 billion, it can't go any higher, and 'wraps around' to a negative value, and your balance goes from +2B to -2B. To get around this problem, the game is programmed to start removing money from your bank balance (around the £1B mark) into this investment fund. I have no idea what happens to that money, I assume it just disappears.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2,147,483,647#In_video_games

So that's the excuse they use for sending my cash to their secret Swiss bank accounts. Scandalous!  

I contacted the Football Bureau of Investigation and they managed to recover the funds.  To compensate for the lazy auditors I used the in-game editor to add a fixed and recurring income source to the club as "other income" to reflect a reasonable return on the invested sums.  The amount of income is 3% of what the board invested for me.  I'd like the lazy auditors to do this automatically for me in the future.

Edited by Longhorn

56 minutes ago, Longhorn said:

So that's the excuse they use for sending my cash to their secret Swiss bank accounts. Scandalous!  

I contacted the Football Bureau of Investigation and they managed to recover the funds.  To compensate for the lazy auditors I used the in-game editor to add a fixed and recurring income source to the club as "other income" to reflect a reasonable return on the invested sums.  The amount of income is 3% of what the board invested for me.  I'd like the lazy auditors to do this automatically for me in the future.

lol.

I’ve had it a few times over the years. What I’d like to think happens is that if the ever club is in serious financial difficulties then this fund is used to sort out the finances and a similar sum will magically reappear. 

To add, maybe in FM25 they should add a ‘wokeness’ attribute that determines how the board invests the money e.g. renewable or fossil fuels. If they invest in fossil fuels then it increases the chances of matches being abandoned or delayed by pitch invasions by Just Stop Oil. Then the manager can get asked about it in the next press conference. Depending on their response, the fans could turn on them resulting in them being ‘cancelled’ and hounded out of the job.

In a similar vein, if the manager ever chooses the ‘kick chair’ reaction they find themselves at the centre of a workplace bullying investigation and sacked. 

Due to the introduction of women’s football, there is also scope for a manager to have an inappropriate chat with a player which also results in them being sacked.

Plenty options to add realism to help with immersion!

This has been answered before by SI.  The money is moved to a separate fund  outside the club but it is available for reinvesting in the club and will appear as “investments” if you need it.  No, you don’t get income (or losses) from investments, but then you also don’t get income from the billion+ sitting in the club balance and it’s not likely someone just stuffed it under their mattress.

30 minutes ago, awboddy1 said:

This has been answered before by SI.  The money is moved to a separate fund  outside the club but it is available for reinvesting in the club and will appear as “investments” if you need it.  No, you don’t get income (or losses) from investments, but then you also don’t get income from the billion+ sitting in the club balance and it’s not likely someone just stuffed it under their mattress.

My income statement shows "interest" and the amount seems to scale with the amount of cash the club has, so it does appear that the club balance produces useful income.

It would be super cool if FM included some spicey situations (such as bribery, corruption, a little physical altercation, scandals, etc.) but we've been hearing over the years that SI developers have no interest in implementing that type of realism...

On 27/02/2024 at 22:27, phd_angel said:

It would be super cool if FM included some spicey situations (such as bribery, corruption, a little physical altercation, scandals, etc.) but we've been hearing over the years that SI developers have no interest in implementing that type of realism...

Mostly because they have no interest in getting sued by a club or player, and impacting the goodwill they have with a number of clubs, on top of the likely issues it'd raise with licensing.

On 27/02/2024 at 22:27, phd_angel said:

This is why Ultimate Soccer Manager 98 is elite!