I need this...

I have got to have the ability to ask a player who he wants me to bench or leave out of the squad when he comes in complaining about me leaving someone else out of the squad registration.  This happens every window.  I've got a fringe player that is 2* (Premier League) that was the one player left out of the Champions League registration.  My captain and co captain both are part of a group complaining that I have something against him.  It's not that...it's that I can't register him because of, you know, rules.  Damn idiots.  Put some common sense in the game boys.

Sounds like it makes perfect sense. You left out someone because your squad is too big and they got upset. He might be close with a few influential players and they want to know why you left him out instead of someone else. The squad isn't always going to act rationally or agree with everything you say/do. Its part of being the manager. It's a decent suggestion though to have them suggest who you should leave out if it can still be changed.

Moral of the story though is don't have so many players that you're leaving them out. Very few squads have players who aren't registered unless they're trying to get rid of them.

I had this exact problem with a defender I bought. 2 stars, but showed 4 star potential. He was too old for the U19's but I couldn't get him a loan spell. So his job was going to be to train with the senior squad and get some spot starts here and there. But he got all uppity when I didn't pick him for the Champ league and caused all sorts of problems. Suddenly the senior players were pissed I didn't pick him and wanted a meeting, etc. I guess he was fun in the clubs or something. 

Wound up selling him the next transfer window and ate the loss. But I agree, it was a little head scratching to see a brand new transfer just rile up the leaders like he did and I would've thought they'd have understood he wasn't good enough to get picked. Part of the reason I splurged on the in game editor. 

If you have so many players that you need to leave someone decent out of a 25-player roster then you have too many players. I never have more than 20 senior pros, with around 5-8 kids bridging first team and youth teams.

The specific example you had might be odd in itself, but large squads leading to discontent is perfectly reasonable IMO.

Rangers European squad at the start of this season excluded Jon McLaughlin, Leon Balogun, Ridvan Yilmaz and Kieran Dowell. Kemar Roofe was removed from the European squad at the start of February.

I registered the same squad, minus Roofe to see his reaction for not being registered.

4 out of 5 of those players became unhappy, complained to teammates which instigated 4 player revolts, and all 4 are now publicly complaining to the press about missing out on the European squad.

None of this happened in real life.

But yeah, this is all perfectly normal.

rangersuefa.png

dyanmics.png

24 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

You aren't the manager in real life. 

Bit of introspection needed here, methinks :D

No Michael Beale was. A man sacked from two different clubs in 6 months. He'll be lucky if he gets a managers job again. And he was able to avoid massive player unrest.

2 hours ago, Smoo said:

Rangers European squad at the start of this season excluded Jon McLaughlin, Leon Balogun, Ridvan Yilmaz and Kieran Dowell. Kemar Roofe was removed from the European squad at the start of February.

I registered the same squad, minus Roofe to see his reaction for not being registered.

4 out of 5 of those players became unhappy, complained to teammates which instigated 4 player revolts, and all 4 are now publicly complaining to the press about missing out on the European squad.

None of this happened in real life.

But yeah, this is all perfectly normal.

rangersuefa.png

dyanmics.png

The picture shows Roofe registered so I am confused about who was and was not registered when, and when they complained :confused:.

Edited by NineCloudNine

1 hour ago, Smoo said:

No Michael Beale was. A man sacked from two different clubs in 6 months. He'll be lucky if he gets a managers job again. And he was able to avoid massive player unrest.

You're not making your case for your own man management skills any better here...

2 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

You're not making your case for your own man management skills any better here...

Resorting to personal insults rather than engage with the topic?

4 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Please don't engage with others if you don't intend to bring anything into the conversation other than discussions.

As for anyone who has examples of illogical squad issues, then please report them in the bug tracker with a file showing it, so SI can look at it and tweak it if they feel it's not reasonable.

3 hours ago, XaW said:

Please don't engage with others if you don't intend to bring anything into the conversation other than discussions.

Apologies chief, after all these years, you'd think I'd have learned by now how much of a humour vacuum this place is. :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Apologies chief, after all these years, you'd think I'd have learned by now how much of a humour vacuum this place is. :rolleyes:

Subtil humour can be hard to gauge in text only. Funny stuff needs to be even more clear then. Unless you know your audience, of course. Feel free to joke on my behalf though! :D

I was only able to register 23 due to only having 2 HGC players.  It was my first year with the club having just been hired.  By the way...why are my HGC kids the only ones I get offers on and then they get upset when I don't want to sell them?  LOL  FYI he was registered and playing in the league matches. 

Edited by Ragin Cajun

My personal favourite was my STARTING right back leading the charge into my office that he felt I was treating my BACKUP right back unfairly by not giving him more playing time.

Ummmm...