Does the AI actually scout players like we do?

For context: Started a save a while back to figure out if scouting was broken. Played for about 3 months in game and compared start and end results. All that is logged in the bug tracker already. Then I thought to myself, if I redo the same 3 months but let an AI manager run the club, would the results 3 months later be the same? I was hoping the bug was some user-induced error and AI would have no issues scouting.

Boy was I wrong.

When I took control of the club again there was virtually the same players scouted as when I took a snapshot and resigned! So this left me with a question. Does the AI actually scout or do they do something entirely different or is this bugged as well? It seems very bizarre to me that I take control of the team 3 months later and no new reports have been added. On one had it would explain so much as to why when you join a new team there's absolutely nothing in the scouting department. On the other I can't fathom how the AI operates without scouting. Surely it would be easier to identify targets for better transfers if they followed the same list we do of A to F ratings and work their way down the list in positions of need right?

9 hours ago, turnip said:

Yes, the AI does scout players. 

Is it the same? I don't know. I doubt they have the "Hey, go scout this guy" functionality that the player has, because they don't need it. 

Apparently they don't use focuses I guess that makes sense.

Seems weird to me that though that 3 months later no players have been added to the list of scouted players.

13 hours ago, wazzaflow10 said:

Apparently they don't use focuses I guess that makes sense.

Seems weird to me that though that 3 months later no players have been added to the list of scouted players.

I've been at a new club for six months in my save and with sixteen scouts on my payroll, eleven recruitment focuses for different countries and regions and two for specific roles I still keep getting the same twenty to forty names recycled over and over again. I don't remember the scouting being this useless in FM 23, there was a healthy mix of players previously scouted and new ones being added.

6 hours ago, Socerer 01 said:

I've been at a new club for six months in my save and with sixteen scouts on my payroll, eleven recruitment focuses for different countries and regions and two for specific roles I still keep getting the same twenty to forty names recycled over and over again. I don't remember the scouting being this useless in FM 23, there was a healthy mix of players previously scouted and new ones being added.

Untick the option in focuses that recycles the players.

nI5MmgN.png

8 hours ago, Socerer 01 said:

There's currently a bug that's been logged. They've said there's going to be an update in the upcoming patch.

The short answer is no, they don't scout like we do. A high level player will pretty much never make a hugely damaging mistake like the AI can because once a player is fully scouted with exact attributes and you know what attributes to look for, it's pretty easy to never make a transfer that just explodes in your face. Obviously the signing can be meh but it's really difficult for things to just capsize.

the AI doesn't have said luxury