Remove Potential Ability

Nutek

I think potential ability should be removed because in real life there is no thing like it because player may get better than expected

Edited by Nutek

21 minutes ago, Nutek said:

I think potential ability should be removed because in real life there is no thing like it because player may get better than expected

You literally used the word 'expected'...

• 3 weeks later...

I think it should remain bcuz it gives you an exact understanding of how good or bad the player will be. Obviously it may get affected due to injuries, poor training, bad match ratings and so on which i guess you wouldn't want that to happen.. 

it'll definitely stay.

there needs to be some way of having players reach a maximum level.  whilst PA is a level given to a player by a human scout from SI, what other way can it be done?  There are variable PAs for some players that are young enough so SI provides a range that is decided when the game is started.  I guess you could argue there could be more variable PAs.

I mean by definition the player cannot get better than his potential....

Potential Ability is merely the reflection of the fact we all have a ceiling. In terms of actual players in the game its simply the best estimation we researchers can give. Therefore it has that inherent flaw of being human judgement, at least until SI roll out some omniscience juice for us. 

When it comes to regens however it is then a categorical statement of that players limitations. There is no mistake, no room for error. Whatever idea you subscribe to as the determining factor of an individuals potential, that is it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/03/2024 at 14:30, T1JMO said:

Maybe potential ability could be "variable" for example it may increase if being trained in the right environment or decrease in a poor environment?

The big problem with such a system is it still needs hard limits set (effectively being PA with extra steps) otherwise players would inevitably find weaknesses in such a system. Then it just becomes a system which needs to be subject to ongoing tweaks and balance just to provide a new "meta" to maximise the growth in player potential.