Bug with Board Promise (Youth Playing Time) ?

In order to get our Youth Facilities upgraded I made a promise to give youth players chances in the First Team. No problems I thought since I already start a bunch of 17 - 20 year old players. However, this got me sacked, very frustrating, so I re-rolled the save, until the day when the promise was made. This time I gave four regens full game time (6 matches) - GK, DR, AML, STC - but once again I was sacked.

Why am I getting sacked despite giving youth playing time?

Thanks

2.png

3.png

1.png

I suspect they have to be classified as homegrown at club, ie 3 years between 15-21 or similar. I’ve run into this when promising the squad to give chances to young players. Using players classed as club homegrown and with breakthrough prospect status seems to do it most reliably, though it is entirely possible there is some other aspect I have missed as it isn’t clear from the language what exactly is expected.

Edited by NineCloudNine

40 minutes ago, NineCloudNine said:

I suspect they have to be classified as homegrown at club, ie 3 years between 15-21 or similar. I’ve run into this when promising the squad to give chances to young players. Using players classed as club homegrown and with breakthrough prospect status seems to do it most reliably, though it is entirely possible there is some other aspect I have missed as it isn’t clear from the language what exactly is expected.

Thanks, but I tried now with this but with no luck.

2 minutes ago, fc.cadoni said:

Does the board gave you only 2 days to fullfill these requirement?

No, the pic is from the end of the promise deadline, when my 4 regens as seen in the team sheet had played 6 full consecutive matches.

Ah I hadn’t registered the 6 match point. That’s not nearly enough. Both promises made to players and Board expectations come with deadlines. It’s possible that the bug here is not enough time being available between promise and end date for you to complete it.

Or, long shot, were you sacked for failing a long-standing Board expectation to play youngsters rather than for a specific promise related to the facilities upgrade?

Edited by NineCloudNine

On 14/02/2024 at 14:55, NineCloudNine said:

Ah I hadn’t registered the 6 match point. That’s not nearly enough. Both promises made to players and Board expectations come with deadlines. It’s possible that the bug here is not enough time being available between promise and end date for you to complete it.

Or, long shot, were you sacked for failing a long-standing Board expectation to play youngsters rather than for a specific promise related to the facilities upgrade?

The maximum available amount of games is 6 since the promise were created. So the youngsters did play 100% of the minutes available. 

I've tried numerous attempts to circumvent this bug. U18's, U21's, always home-grown players, minimum three years at the club. It never seems to work.

If anyone know what I can do, please help, I hope I can continue my save.

On 14/02/2024 at 14:48, SackableOffense said:

No, the pic is from the end of the promise deadline, when my 4 regens as seen in the team sheet had played 6 full consecutive matches.

Appears that you started late to fullfill this promise. 

1 minute ago, fc.cadoni said:

Appears that you started late to fullfill this promise. 

Thanks for aiding, but unfortunately this is not the case. 

The maximum available amount of games is 6 since the promise were created. So the youngsters did play 100% of the minutes available.

As I mentioned above, I've tried numerous attempts with U18's, U21's, all home-grown, etc. Tried full XI of youngsters. But I'm getting sacked every time the promise is meeting deadline.

36 minutes ago, SackableOffense said:

I've tried numerous attempts to circumvent this bug. U18's, U21's, always home-grown players, minimum three years at the club. It never seems to work.

If anyone know what I can do, please help, I hope I can continue my save.

Looks like a bug then. Only way round it that I can see is to use the in-game editor to make yourself unsackable.

1 minute ago, NineCloudNine said:

Looks like a bug then. Only way round it that I can see is to use the in-game editor to make yourself unsackable.

I might just have to do that but it feels bad to pay to resolve a bug. 

Hopefully this bug is not all that uncommon and there are some solution to it.