Bit of a Database Issue [FM24]

Unsure if it is a bug but i'm liking this issue I have.

I'm currently in July 2029 at Barcelona and have noticed a few players in the game doubled up. They've entered the game in random years from 2024 onwards.

Examples so far

Frankie De Jong came into the game 2023/24

Ansu Fati 2027/28

Mbappe 2024/25

Haaland 2027

Trent A-A 2024/25

Victor Osimhen 2023/24

Matthijs de Ligt 2025/26

Gianluigi Donnarumma 2024/25

Eduardo Camavinga 2028/29

Kai Havertz 2024/25

Foden, Rice, Saka & a couple of other players.

Now, I don't know if this will continue but since it has been happening for 5 seasons already, I am thinking this will continue to happen. The other extra file I have included in my game is the real fixture for the current 2023/24 season. And chosen real world normal start like we have been in previous FM versions.

This is very weird.

23 hours ago, Lord Rowell said:

Have you previously used any kind of retro database?

It really does sound like an issue connected with that.

on a previously saved game yes. But I made sure the file was deleted and removed before i started new save. Upon starting a new save, I made sure there was no regen file to be selected

13 hours ago, meadowsaaron38 said:

on a previously saved game yes. But I made sure the file was deleted and removed before i started new save. Upon starting a new save, I made sure there was no regen file to be selected

I know you think you didn’t, but you left an editor file selected. It’s really really easy to do.

On 15/02/2024 at 18:58, meadowsaaron38 said:

Do these duplicated players have the same attribute structure as IRL / in FM?

e.g. Haaland, amazing physicals? Trent - great playmaking attributes? Does the attribute polygon always have a similar shape?
I'll bet anything they don't. In which case its quite certain, you have a remaining regen file lurking in a folder.

The reason is that the regen file only includes specific data e.g. name, position, PA, things like country, skin colour etc. It does not include attributes.

So for example you get a regen CR7... he may actually be physically weak, but have amazing work-rate!

3 hours ago, Lord Rowell said:

Do these duplicated players have the same attribute structure as IRL / in FM?

e.g. Haaland, amazing physicals? Trent - great playmaking attributes? Does the attribute polygon always have a similar shape?
I'll bet anything they don't. In which case its quite certain, you have a remaining regen file lurking in a folder.

The reason is that the regen file only includes specific data e.g. name, position, PA, things like country, skin colour etc. It does not include attributes.

So for example you get a regen CR7... he may actually be physically weak, but have amazing work-rate!

I checked twice, there was no .edt file

positions they play on the pitch werent exactly the same and most of the time their PA were almost spot on. I know how it sounds But ...

Anyway, I uninstalled the complete folders, all of them, and did a clean download and install again. Hopefully it wont happen again