Suggestion: Uncap Attributes in In-Game Editor

Hurin, Papa of Turin

Have you ever wanted it to be possible for a player to score freekicks with the ease of Juninho? Have you ever wished prime Leo Messi was able to reach the heights he actually did in the real world rather than being limited by the attribute caps assigned in game? 

I think it would be a great change for FM to add an option in the in-game editor to uncap attributes and ability to go above 20 and 200 respectively. It may be worth setting a new cap (say 25 or 30) if that would prevent some buggy behavior in game, but the idea would be to make the game more immersive in providing a more realistic upper limit to attributes so that we could see some things in game like we see in the real world (e.g. Juninho scoring over 10 free kicks in a single season). Unfortunately, even with perfect attributes, no player could ever achieve such a feat in game. I understand that uncapping attributes or changing the attribute cap might not appeal to all players, so putting it in as a toggleable part of the in-game editor seems like a reasonable way to allow different people to play the game in their own way.

Let me know what you think!

Bummer, if attributes can't do it, could there be custom traits available in the in-game editor that would achieve the same effect? Maybe the editor could allow you to create your own custom traits that could increase a player's impact significantly. (My understanding is that some traits like "curls ball" can actually enhance the player's abilities, so something like that).

• 2 months later...