Job Offers

Can any body know why job offers are not coming in, having taken little Bishop Stortford to play offs in L2. but no offers coming in, and when you apply for a job always gets turned down. All my stats are fine no money worries.

Edited by CAFCL1

When you have low reputation, clubs don't come to you, despite you have worked there before. You have to earn reputation and do miracles, like taking Bishop club won back to back promotions - leagues. Interview can take a month to be invited, that was my case when I was applied for FC Köln. 

Numerous reasons. Your reputation compared to the clubs available. Duration left on your contract, if you've just recently signed a new contract, you'll find clubs are unlikely to approach you - even if you apply for them.

Do you align with the clubs vision, so you might have the reputation but do you align with their goals? Developing youth players etc.

All factors that will be considered alongside reputation and what other managers are available. 

Do remember, if you're a 2 star rep and the clubs 2 star, it doesn't necessarily mean your the same reputation. 

22 hours ago, CAFCL1 said:

Can any body know why job offers are not coming in, having taken little Bishop Stortford to play offs in L2. but no offers coming in, and when you apply for a job always gets turned down. All my stats are fine no money worries.

What clubs are you applying for? if it's L1 jobs I'd be surprised if you're not getting interviews. Does you have any coaching badges in the game yet?  

• 3 weeks later...

Yes have all coaching badge, finances are in the black. Keep get wont take me on i dont play set pieces, always play for then my players are 6 9, 6 5, 6 5, 6 4, aloso another never be in a relagtion battle, but surley the idea is not to be so would be good for the team.

When I first tried FM24, there was a bug with the fake players setup so I tried starting unemployed for a couple of seasons. When I returned, I couldn't get any kind of a job anywhere. No experience of this or that, bad media relations, etc.

Now, with orthodox saves, I'm looking for my second job, and I get turned down "because I refuse to play for set pieces" as if a) not having "play for set pieces" engaged constitutes refusal and b) that's going to be a deal-breaker for anyone...

My current save has been from non-league clubs to up through divisions to club and national teams over 12/13 years.

I've only ever been offered one job in all that time and that was the usual national team offer (always happens, in previous FMs too).

Silly really. Plus the AI appoint managers at random, terrible managers and reputation is wrong. I posted a while ago about it.  

Offers will come. Take a look on your reputation as well as your Adaptability score (for foreign jobs).

If interview invitations don't come, you may need to consider applying for jobs once your current contract expires.

On 27/01/2024 at 13:33, CAFCL1 said:

There's all manner of factors which go into it.  I just finished a season with Chelmsford in the National League South.  It was my first full season, having started the game unemployed.  We overperformed expectations - Finished 4th in the league but lost the playoffs (expected mid-table finish), got to the 3rd round of the FA Cup and the semi-final of the FA Trophy.

At the end of the season, I had job offers from 4 League Two clubs and one in the Scottish Championship.  I put that partially down to the overperformance, and partly down to Chelmsford allowing me to take coaching badges (at the time I left for Forest Green, I was studying for either a Continential B or C, can't remember which).