Homeground advantage? Is not it too much in fm?

Hello dear football manager family.. as you know homeground advantage always be a debate topic in real footvall.. actuaşşy i dont really believ too much advantage in homeground except teams tent to be more attack in homeground.

One youtuber did a experiment 

He did made 1000 matches exact equal teams and when it add homeground advantage home advange add %8-9 win advantage..

İs not it too much? %9 means really too much for me. What do you think about that?

In the premier League the team with the best away record last season (Arsenal) won 12/19 games, losing 4 times, the only other team to win at least 10 away games was Man City

The best home record is Man City with 17/19 and 1 loss. 9 teams managed to win at least 10/19.

I know this is anecdotal but I would believe this would be pretty consistent in English football for the last 10-15 years, so 8-9% doesn't feel too much at all.

4 hours ago, Dotsworthy said:

In the premier League the team with the best away record last season (Arsenal) won 12/19 games, losing 4 times, the only other team to win at least 10 away games was Man City

The best home record is Man City with 17/19 and 1 loss. 9 teams managed to win at least 10/19.

I know this is anecdotal but I would believe this would be pretty consistent in English football for the last 10-15 years, so 8-9% doesn't feel too much at all.

Isn't that just consistent with Arsenal and Man City ? You need to look at a whole league not just a few top teams 

Sunderland for example 

Overall Home Away

Wins 43% 57% 29%
Draws 14% 0% 29%
Losses 43% 43% 43%

21 hours ago, alian62 said:

Isn't that just consistent with Arsenal and Man City ? You need to look at a whole league not just a few top teams 

Sunderland for example 

Overall Home Away

Wins 43% 57% 29%
Draws 14% 0% 29%
Losses 43% 43% 43%

I did look at the whole league though, half the league won at least half (or just above) their home games, as opposed to just two teams winning half their away games.

A brief look at the premier League for the last ten years, and most seasons the top 8 will win at least 10/19 at home, and between 2-4 will win away. The only exceptions are 13/14 for some reason and 20/21, which was the COVID season where there was no fans.