GET YOUR STRIKERS SCORING!!!

Ok get this, your favorite wonderkid striker can't do what you took him from a family hangout during Christmas for. We've all been there, we're still there even, but i got you:cool:

I haven't seen anyone else talking about this but train them in every method of finishing. Yeah that's it. Go round the keeper, blast the ball into the back of the net, lobs, place shots, first time shots, shoot from distance (if his attribute is high enough, I like 14), heck even overhead kicks if you can get him to.

What this does is it gives him a full arsenal of finishing skills whereby he always makes the approximate "best choice" when in shooting situations.

It takes time mind you, probably a few seasons depending on the player but i promise you its worth it. I first discovered this on FM19 with Fabio Silva and i must admit at the time my tactic making skills were mediocre, but i had him getting 40~50 goals a season. In FM23 i got Moukoko to score 94 goals one season which is my highest ever. as you'd expect he also has 70~80 goal seasons.

So if you can take the time to do this plus a good tactic then you're welcome in advance:brock:

I've done this using the editor - on Marcos Leonardo when I turned him into the original Ronaldo - and the only one I really noticed was Shoots With Power, partly because commentary calls it out. I didn't see him trying any of the tricks more often. It's a fun idea though!

:brock:

11 hours ago, NineCloudNine said:

I've done this using the editor - on Marcos Leonardo when I turned him into the original Ronaldo - and the only one I really noticed was Shoots With Power, partly because commentary calls it out. I didn't see him trying any of the tricks more often. It's a fun idea though!

:brock:

Maybe that's the option that your tactic lands him in more often than not. Feel free to test it out!

That's why player traits exist! :brock:

Other useful combinations (not exclusively ST) are:

- Shoots with Power / Shoots from Distance / Curls Ball
- Hit Free Kick with Power / Tries Long Range Free Kick / Curls Ball
- Comes Deep to Get Ball / Dictates Tempo (example: DLP)

22 minutes ago, NineCloudNine said:

No need to be mean to the new poster :stop:!

I don’t think he’s right, but what he suggests is fun :brock:.

I wasn't being mean. I was being sarcastic. And not towards the OP either. :D

That's not to say what he was suggesting wasn't right either. We all know that Traits influence players.  The right traits of course.

Edited by kopfan1977