Is it possible to create an event?

Scatter

Two questions really, the first is the most important: per the thread title, is it possible to create an event (including news story/report to player inbox) take place on a specific date (or between a date range)? If so, I'm going to assume this will involve editing xml files or some such...

Secondly, is it possible to have a weighted probability of outcomes included in said event which would apply the selected condition on the event being triggered? For example...

Let's say I want to include a scenario where Manchester City are possibly punished for being the filthy cheats we all know they are. So an event triggers 15 to 18 months (or on a specific date if a date range can't be used) into the game. On trigger, one of X outcomes are randomly selected (preferably with a weighting bias if possible). e.g. 45% A) Found guilty. 100 pts deduction for each of next five seasons. 45% B) Found guilty. Relegated from current div at season's end. 10% C) Found guilty, but get away with it due to a dirty cheating technicality.

Please don't focus too much on the Man City aspect of this, I'm more interested in the events and random outcomes possibilities...