two questions getting a second nationality

Hey, 

I have two questions about getting a second nationality, hope someone can help.

-What does -1 mean when checking years to get nationality in the ingame editor?

-is it possible to get a second nationality yourself after living in a country for some years (without the editor)

1. I think -1 means, it's not possible to get a 2nd nationality.

2. It depends on the country as well as the country to the person it relates to.

Hey XaW,

thanks for your answers, but besides -1 for years to gain nationality, it also says accumulative by gain nationality type as well as the does not allow dual nationality being unticked, so I'm still a bit confused about it since those last two things seem to mean that it's possible, right? I've attached a screenshot of it, it's about Malaysia by the way. 

About your second answer, I'm not sure about what you mean. The person it relates to is me, the manager I created.

Malaysia editor.png

Well, I'm not 100% sure what -1 means in that case. It mostly refers to something that is not possible elsewhere, so I don't really know then.

I don't know if the manager _can_ get a 2nd nationality at all, I have managed in a country for 50+ years before and never gotten it, so I don't think the game has anything for that.

I was referring to players, as I think those rules are for them.

Maybe you're right, as in that players that are not Malaysian can't get it, the accumulative thing just being on because there's no "none" option, and the unticked dual nationality box being for players that are Malaysian in the first place but they're allowed a second nationality, just not the other way around. That's the only way I can think of that this might make sense, but don't know for sure. 

About the manager, I already thought it was not possible, but was just checking for sure, and I know these rules are for the players, but was thinking of adding some kind of roleplaying in that it also was for my manager, but now I can still do that using the editor, however Malaysian isn't allowed it seems. (Of course it's possible with the editor, but I want to follow those official country rules)