Going Professional with Bury

Bury FC last played in League 2 in 2018 - 19 when they won promotion to League 1 but before they could play any more games they were expelled from the Football League in August 2019 because of long standing financial difficulties. Then to quote Wikipedia:

"In November 2020, the club was placed into administration. In February 2022, Bury fans' group Est.1885 completed the purchase of Gigg Lane from the administrator and announced that they had acquired the trading name, history and memorabilia of Bury FC. After the sale was completed, efforts began to bring professional football back to Bury. In October 2022 supporters were urged to vote in a poll regarding a potential amalgamation of the Bury Football Club Supporters' Society (who owned Gigg Lane and the "Bury FC" trading name) and the Shakers Community Society (who owned phoenix club Bury AFC). The proposals initially failed to reach the required 66% threshold from both societies, but, on 5 May 2023, the merger of both societies was approved following a second poll.[3] Bury AFC adopted the Bury FC playing name ahead of the 2023–24 season and returned to Gigg Lane, following an FA approval announced on 5 June 2023. Upon merging, the two team's histories were combined — retroactively counting Bury AFC's seasons as seasons for Bury FC."

I'm using @lionel messi's Enland Level 10 data base and thought that to play as Bury, starting in The North  West Counties League - Premier Division which is level 9, would give a nice back story as I try to raise the club to its former glory and beyond. Anyway. at the end of the first season we ran away with the league and as soon as promotion was gained the board announced that we are going professional. So I'm about to start at level 8 as a professional side!

I wonder if this is record for going professional.

3 hours ago, lionel messi said:

I think they are a professional club anyway which will be changed in my next update along with macclesfield FC

Oh thanks .. you learn something new everyday!