Change Club Names With In Game Editor

Hi there! Hoping someone can assist me with this.

I am looking to find a way to add back the ability to change club names within the FM24 In-Game Editor. I could do this in previous FM editions, but this appears to have been removed as a feature. Is there any way to add that back in? I want to change a few club names around as I forgot to edit them in the Pre-Game Editor, and I prefer to remove Short Names so all clubs have their 'full' title where possible.

Can someone please let me know how to go about doing this? Thank you very much! It would save my starting my save again :)

Adam

You can do that without the editor. Use notepad to make a .lnc file and place it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2024\data\database\db\2400\lnc\all (or whatever your version is).

Use the code:

"CLUB_SHORT_NAME_CHANGE"    899    "1. FC Nürnberg"

Just change the number to the UID of the team you want to change, and the team name to what you want it to be.

To change long names:
"CLUB_LONG_NAME_CHANGE"    899    "1. FC Nürnberg"

Will affect existing saves too, so no need to start a new game. There might be some teams it doesn't work on due to licensing issues, but should work for most, if not all.

19 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

You can do that without the editor. Use notepad to make a .lnc file and place it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2024\data\database\db\2400\lnc\all (or whatever your version is).

Use the code:

"CLUB_SHORT_NAME_CHANGE"    899    "1. FC Nürnberg"

Just change the number to the UID of the team you want to change, and the team name to what you want it to be.

To change long names:
"CLUB_LONG_NAME_CHANGE"    899    "1. FC Nürnberg"

Will affect existing saves too, so no need to start a new game. There might be some teams it doesn't work on due to licensing issues, but should work for most, if not all.

Thanks for that Rusty! Will keep that in mind, but also interested to find out how to add this back into the IGE - just out of convenience as much as anything, really. Thank you for that, though! That could be a great help.