Newcastle owners level of discipline

Hello, i was curious to see what the Saudi PIF/owner of Newcastles United fc level of discipline and controversy attributes were in the game files so i looked into them and the level of discipline is only 12 and controversy 3 which is quite baffling. 

3 hours ago, MagicHat said:

Hello, i was curious to see what the Saudi PIF/owner of Newcastles United fc level of discipline and controversy attributes were in the game files so i looked into them and the level of discipline is only 12 and controversy 3 which is quite baffling. 

Not sure Amanda Staveley was directly responsible for that.

2 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Not sure Amanda Staveley was directly responsible for that.

Stavely is just a minority holder to front the business, it was intentionally done to keep the Saudis under the radar - obviously you know i'm referring the the Saudis. 

Newcastle fan by any chance?

4 minutes ago, MagicHat said:

Stavely is just a minority holder to front the business, it was intentionally done to keep the Saudis under the radar - obviously you know i'm referring the the Saudis. 

Newcastle fan by any chance?

No connection to Newcastle at all. This is the wrong forum for this kind of discussion anyway.

This is something that should go in the bug tracker really.

https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2024-early-access-bugs-tracker/

That said, @MagicHat, the attributes relates to the footballing side of things, and while we all know there have been very shady stuff from the Saudi government, the same can be said for a lot of others around the world. Many places have government ownership of clubs and most of them have also done very bad things, but the game is not meant to reflect real life geopolitics, but rather the football. So while I agree with a lot of what you have said in isolation, I'm not really sure FM is the place where this should be mirrored closest.

Also, where did you see those numbers? I have a look through in the editor and I couldn't find that for any of the board members. All had 0 (random) as far as I can see.

Considering FM attributes are only ever going to be based off a direct relation to football the goings on in the wider world aren't really pertinent to the remit of what we do as researchers for the game. If you want a general discussion about the Saudi government/individuals involved within that who also overlap with ownership structure of Newcastle then the Off-Topic/Football Forums exist for that discussion. 

For specific attributes you can raise these within the data and research section of the bug tracker, but you'd probably need to get a better understanding of how the attributes to work because if you were to suggest changes in a similar vein to posted here it would just be ignored due to having no bearing on what the attributes in FM are supposed to represent.

On 30/12/2023 at 08:49, MagicHat said:

As has been pointed out, you don't really hear from their owners directly at all, which would be reflected with those attributes in game. In direct relation to football matters, they aren't exactly hard-line.

The other way of looking at it is that the values accurately reflect their treatment by sports outlets, without SI having to go through the faff of giving every owner an "Ability to keep the media in their pocket" attribute.