[HELP] Tactics: None of them work for me

I'm not sharing my tactics for now, because I don't think it will do any good. The problem is, neither tactic works. Plug and play tactics included. 

Let alone playing with plug-and-play tactics, I don't even like looking at it. However, this time I selected and downloaded a few of them according to my team's level, just to try them out. But no matter what I do, I cannot succeed. I have been playing all Football Manager games since 2013, and there has never been a game in which I did not experience a championship or promotion. I'm not complaining about encountering difficulties, but the problem here is that no matter what I do, I cannot succeed. I know I won't be able to do wonders in the first season with Basel, but I can't understand how the team defends deep but still misses the back. I can't defend, I give too many positions, I can't find solutions to anything that happens on the field.

I want to start the game with the lowest reputation and increase over time. This has always been the case until now. In the previous game, I started with Dinamo, went to Sevilla and then played with Manchester United. I want to play with Basel for two or three seasons and make the team champions again. However, this does not seem possible.

The problem is not just in Basel. I also fail with Galatasaray, where everyone else is successful. I'm also failing with Blackburn Rovers. Maybe it's an skill issue but really, i can't understand. I'm 28. I'm playing football every friday, i just watch Galatasaray's league game and it's my third match today, i'm playing fm since 2013 and i'm watching football since 2005. I think i know player roles, team chemistry, width & depth etc. 

Is there anyone else who can't succeed no matter what they do? Or am i the one? 

Bro your plug and play tactics should be pretty bad to have problems depends on what site you got them most are pretty bad and you are better off by creating your own even with 0 idea, game is squad building the most important, tactics (try to high press, high tempo, higher mentalities, try to put many attack roles for most cases, much more often trigger press, high line) and you have a very strong foundation so basically press like a madman off the ball and with the ball short passing with hightempo and lot's of runs and crosses and you will win then ofc depends on players but this way you will overachieve.

24 dakika önce, avenger22 said:

Bro your plug and play tactics should be pretty bad to have problems depends on what site you got them most are pretty bad and you are better off by creating your own even with 0 idea, game is squad building the most important, tactics (try to high press, high tempo, higher mentalities, try to put many attack roles for most cases, much more often trigger press, high line) and you have a very strong foundation so basically press like a madman off the ball and with the ball short passing with hightempo and lot's of runs and crosses and you will win then ofc depends on players but this way you will overachieve.

I tried. The only thing that happened to me was conceding more goals. I can't play the way I want. Skill issue or not, i can't play the way i want. The matches are like ping pong matches. 

11 hours ago, batsy23 said:

I'm not sharing my tactics for now, because I don't think it will do any good. The problem is, neither tactic works. Plug and play tactics included. 

Let alone playing with plug-and-play tactics, I don't even like looking at it. However, this time I selected and downloaded a few of them according to my team's level, just to try them out. But no matter what I do, I cannot succeed. I have been playing all Football Manager games since 2013, and there has never been a game in which I did not experience a championship or promotion. I'm not complaining about encountering difficulties, but the problem here is that no matter what I do, I cannot succeed. I know I won't be able to do wonders in the first season with Basel, but I can't understand how the team defends deep but still misses the back. I can't defend, I give too many positions, I can't find solutions to anything that happens on the field.

I want to start the game with the lowest reputation and increase over time. This has always been the case until now. In the previous game, I started with Dinamo, went to Sevilla and then played with Manchester United. I want to play with Basel for two or three seasons and make the team champions again. However, this does not seem possible.

The problem is not just in Basel. I also fail with Galatasaray, where everyone else is successful. I'm also failing with Blackburn Rovers. Maybe it's an skill issue but really, i can't understand. I'm 28. I'm playing football every friday, i just watch Galatasaray's league game and it's my third match today, i'm playing fm since 2013 and i'm watching football since 2005. I think i know player roles, team chemistry, width & depth etc. 

Is there anyone else who can't succeed no matter what they do? Or am i the one? 

4231 default gegenpress gives about a 50% boost over most other setups as a plug and play tactic. Attributes and PIs matter less.  Try that. If it doesn't work you'll need to provide more detail about what you're doing. 

Edited by whatsupdoc

38 dakika önce, whatsupdoc said:

4231 default gegenpress gives about a 50% boost over most other setups as a plug and play tactic. Attributes and PIs matter less.  Try that. If it doesn't work you'll need to provide more detail about what you're doing. 

I'm hopeless but let's try. Soon i will update this reply.

vor 10 Stunden schrieb batsy23:

I tried. The only thing that happened to me was conceding more goals. I can't play the way I want. Skill issue or not, i can't play the way i want. The matches are like ping pong matches. 

And there is the problem.

You can't play like you want, at least not always, but have to play the football your players can play. Here is a guide about how to build tactics from scratch with any team.

https://theffm.co.uk/t-for-tactics

Constructing your own tactic will only work if you put the effort in to analyze and implement incremental changes. When constructing a new tactic I will freeze frame games a lot both in attacking and defensive transitions I am looking for my player positioning in both phases, perhaps in an attacking transition we are committing too many players which means we are short defensively when we turn over the ball. There is no point blaming the CBs for a goal because being solid defensively begins at the point of when your team turns the ball over and understanding why your players are turning the ball over and where all the players are positioned when it happens.

Every-time my team turns the ball over I make a note, if there is a repeating pattern I try to find out why. Perhaps the striker is dribbling in to blind alleys and getting the ball taken off him repeatedly, or maybe the play-maker is making repeated under-hit passes or dwelling too long on the ball. The fixes to the problems can be very varied, maybe a player has a PPM that doesn't suit what I want from him, maybe the player doesn't have the right attributes so he dribbles a lot but he can't dribble or he has terrible decision making . The fixes will be anything from incremental tactical changes to adding PIs on to certain players or even removing players entirely because they can't do what I need from them. 

I once took the time to play out someones Wolves save to prove to him that his tactic wasn't broken but he was indeed relying on the wrong players in critical roles(Inverted wingers) who were religiously turning the ball over when they ran in to traffic. All i did was look at every goal he conceded to see the pattern of where the ball was being turned over and why. Adama Traore is one of the dumbest players in the game, he's all instinct and no brains or technical ability, put him on a straight run down the line putting a cross in you will get a tune out of him but you can't expect a guy like him to turn in to the crowded center and do something useful with the ball. Stuff like that is why plug and play won't always work!

You can make a 'plug and play' tactic with your own version, not an exploit tactic but a tactic with your sense of style and a good balance in terms of PRD.

This game is about management and goals for your club. So start from there and enjoy the process in terms of rebuilding or improving your team.

I can still lose and get angry or irritated with my players and say to myself ok I've given up on you, next transfer window I'll sell you at any price if necessary for free. or maybe there's something wrong with my tactics, this forum is the best place to look for references about that and you can make a little tweak or maybe I'm wrong in terms of rotating players and so on.

I have several 'Plug n Play' tactics of my own version of 4-4-2 with DMs, 4-2-3-1 asymmetric and 4-3-3, all of which I made to suit my style of play with good and balanced PRD . The rest is just to enjoy the process, results and continue to make improvements to your players and club.

And now, show us your tactics and tell us what do you want from your tactics? I believe many people on this forum will give you advice.

On 20/12/2023 at 23:31, batsy23 said:

Without seeing a tactic it's hard to comment but I would suggest dialling down aggressive formations and duties.

A good role, just to try, is Wingback-Defend.  Even on highlights only, just watch that single player on that role for a 2 or 3 games, that's easy to do, right.  Notice how much they  contribute to the build up.  Do they time their run?  How high do they get?  Do they overlap?  Take mental notes.

Then consider the Support & Attack duty variants.  Might a Wingback on Attack Duty actually be too aggressive, too committed to attacking, playing too high and getting exposed on the counter. 

Try that one simple tip.  It might become a building block for the rest.