The Official AFC Crewe – Journey up the Track Challenge

Season 13

Toughest season of the save by far, hard to compete with the teams spending more in a week than we do nearly all year. With the help of returning legend Michael Boulton (not that one), we managed a too closer for comfort survival. I'll take it.

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite the capitulation at the end of the season and basically handing the title to New Mills FC we end the season on a high, just! We bag the NWC First Div Cup! We took a 2-0 lead after only 19 minutes and were cruising! But like in our last 6 games of the season we just seemed to switch off and we had to survive an absolute onslaught! It was back to the wall stuff as they pulled one back in the 36th minute. Same in the second half as we just couldn’t hold Campion FC back and an unfortunate own goal by our keeper when the ball crashed off the post only to hit the keeper and roll into the net! It was tense stuff for the last 31 mins as we held them off! So on to penalties and our guys buried all 5 with Campion FC missing their 5th for us to lift the cup! IMG_2894.thumb.jpeg.a63d2f00d3787344cadf41e618c381e9.jpegIMG_2893.thumb.jpeg.35c883aa7ee0d0ca555202fdc62fd421.jpeg

Edited by antonyjguyan

Season 14

Settled into the championship nicely, thought we might squeak into the playoffs but I don't mind building up for another season. I only sign players found by my scouts as I think using the player search function is boring, might take 10 more seasons to win the premier league even if we get up there :)

Also it's taken over 13 seasons and 11 promotions to finally get a paid contract.

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_4.png

AFC CREWE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE!!!! Another sensational season from the lads... still haven't spent a penny on a player and went all the way using free transfers only! Finances are looking good and a very healthy transfer budget for next season.. maybe we will be able to purchase our first player! Next step.. the Prem! What a club! 

Screenshot 2024-03-01 at 11.34.24.png

Screenshot 2024-03-01 at 11.30.25.png

10 hours ago, kieran_stutes said:

AFC CREWE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE!!!! Another sensational season from the lads... still haven't spent a penny on a player and went all the way using free transfers only! Finances are looking good and a very healthy transfer budget for next season.. maybe we will be able to purchase our first player! Next step.. the Prem! What a club! 

This is actually incredible! Not sure if you're already a board member but I've let the others know in the Discord.

I believe you're the closest person to completing this challenge.

ONE LAST PUSH!!

21 hours ago, kieran_stutes said:

Congratulations 🎊 

12 hours ago, K13eke said:

This is actually incredible! Not sure if you're already a board member but I've let the others know in the Discord.

I believe you're the closest person to completing this challenge.

ONE LAST PUSH!!

Not a board member yet.... But hopefully will be soon! This will be a long transfer window haha!

Season 9 complete! Definitely my toughest season yet, clearly my squad was not good enough to compete in this league. Managed to have a great FA Cup run though so the finances are a little bit better but are still in the red. Managed to draw National League North Stratford in the 3rd Round which was great. A big rebuild next season. 

image.png.710a959489cc870775a1f97c7eb0577b.png

image.png.0373c98dd7e15a6d9327d61e37662ec1.png

The end of our first season in the Premier League. No league win but two more cups added to our trophy cabinet! Got lucky with our FA Cup run and beating Man City on pens in the final, but they all count! Finances in a good place, new ground on the way, new facilities, and a healthy budget for next season oh and... AFC Crewe are going on a European tour! United are a joke though...

Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 20.19.48.png

@Mackenie & @kieran_stutes - I'm really enjoying this battle that you both have going on!  Massive congratulations on your run so far! Especially the cup double and European football @kieran_stutes.  Who will be the first to complete the challenge???

@Thomas Kynes - Commiserations on your sacking.  You make history by being the first player sacked during the challenge!

Here's how the leader board is looking:

image.png.c6995ec9282d57dfb2b3df2afe6fdb7c.png

I'm extremely jealous of everyone's progress - I've nearly finished season 2 and just haven't found any time to play.

18 hours ago, K13eke said:

@Mackenie & @kieran_stutes - I'm really enjoying this battle that you both have going on!  Massive congratulations on your run so far! Especially the cup double and European football @kieran_stutes.  Who will be the first to complete the challenge???

@Thomas Kynes - Commiserations on your sacking.  You make history by being the first player sacked during the challenge!

Here's how the leader board is looking:

image.png.c6995ec9282d57dfb2b3df2afe6fdb7c.png

I'm extremely jealous of everyone's progress - I've nearly finished season 2 and just haven't found any time to play.

Last point, salient point. I've enjoyed the challenge, but I have a job to attend to and I live absolutely far far away -- I wouldn't be able to properly help running the club anyway even if I win.

If I do lose, though, at least I'm here for the everlasting AFC_Crewe.exe video LMAO

I'm doing my usual challenge of starting at the 10th division in England, this time with Newcastle University because they can't have players older than 23 years... But the sense of community in this one might drag me in. I think i'm about to start a new carrer!

Edit: as Romano would say... Here we go!

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edit²: is it normal to have good players (certainly above the 12th level) wanting to sign with no bonus or salary?

Edited by Vilani10

Season 4 Summary

A tough season finishing 4th & a whopping 27 points behind champions Staffordshire Victoria! They were clear favourites so no surprises there. Anny Road FC were also a class apart and finished 2nd, 14 points clear 3rd! We did hold onto their coat tails for a while but a really bad patch of form (wouldn’t be FM without the inevitable mid-season slump) saw us tumble out of the play-offs but a run of 6 games unbeaten at the end of the season saw us clinch 4th and a repeat of last seasons semi final! It also ended the same way with Winsford United clinching victory this time on Penalties! So a second season in the NWCL DIv One South beckons! What made it tough and probably contributed to our poor form was having my best players cherry picked from teams in Level 9 & 10! At one point I only had 14 first team players with another 3 injured. It was also my first trophless season with Anny Road knocking us out of the NWCL Div One Cup & an early exit to Jersey Bulls in the FA Vase. IMG_2917.thumb.jpeg.255077dc108f5cd63228a2cfb8ffdaa0.jpegIMG_2918.thumb.jpeg.c7a517b762a8eaaa33b94e35e4e8af55.jpegIMG_2919.thumb.jpeg.e98caf4b5d0dc344cf1d9bccdc071ebf.jpeg

Season 3 complete, league title and one cup but really hard to keep a team together when other teams come in for your players all the time. Managed to sell my first player, $6.5k, took two months for squad morale to improve again! Finances are terrible and I don't know what to do about it.

Screenshot2024-03-06201516.thumb.png.605ab05e77a01fde1c4bff4dc08209d0.pngScreenshot2024-03-06201745.thumb.png.eb3304165bbd740bd4cd95594d3d9285.png

Season 16

A step too far, we were too naive in thinking our attacking direct tactics would be enough to keep us up in our first season. now we have a lot of players on cheap relegation clauses, including a 21 year old 4 and a half star CB we have just sold for 20m whose value at his new club was 80-100m :( . Relegation sucks

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

Season 17

Yea can't have only one team in the prem still, so I smashed out a new season in the championship with our new possession based style to keep things marginally interesting, though I have no doubt which way it will go still. Also made a proper cup final and got the new stadium plans announced after two years, with another 3 year to build ffs.

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_5.png

Screenshot_6.png

Screenshot_7.png

Screenshot_8.png

Edited by Mackenie

9 hours ago, Mackenie said:

Season 17

Yea can't have only one team in the prem still, so I smashed out a new season in the championship with our new possession based style to keep things marginally interesting, though I have no doubt which way it will go still. Also made a proper cup final and got the new stadium plans announced after two years, with another 3 year to build ffs.

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_5.png

Screenshot_6.png

Screenshot_7.png

Screenshot_8.png

Wish my new ground name was as simple as that! Congrats on getting back up to the premier league tho! 

AFC CREWE ARE CHAMPIONS OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE! A fantastic season which was taken to the final day. Man United were incredible challengers throughout the season and a win for us on the final day against them saw us lift the title. only 3 defeats all season in the league, once against united and two against Leeds.... saw us complete the challenge. Two more cup finals are to come but what an unbelievable save this has been 13 years and 314 days later and we've gone from the bottom to the very top! So what's next? 

Screenshot 2024-03-07 at 11.32.39.png

Sadly we couldn't follow up from our fantastic league win after back to back defeats in cup finals to.... yep you guessed it, Man United! It was an unreal effort to even get that far in the champions league! ahwell... At least we are league champions!!!

Screenshot 2024-03-07 at 16.20.23.png

8 hours ago, kieran_stutes said:

AFC CREWE ARE CHAMPIONS OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE! A fantastic season which was taken to the final day. Man United were incredible challengers throughout the season and a win for us on the final day against them saw us lift the title. only 3 defeats all season in the league, once against united and two against Leeds.... saw us complete the challenge. Two more cup finals are to come but what an unbelievable save this has been 13 years and 314 days later and we've gone from the bottom to the very top! So what's next? 

Screenshot 2024-03-07 at 11.32.39.png

Congratulations!!!

Seriously, huge congratulations! This is incredible!

I'll message you in the direct messaging and get you in contact with the club. They are likely to vet the database as per the formalities but this is incredible.

I'll update the leader board over the weekend but you officially make the AFC Crewe Journey Up the Track Hall of Fame as the first ever person to complete the challenge!

5 minutes ago, K13eke said:

Congratulations!!!

Seriously, huge congratulations! This is incredible!

I'll message you in the direct messaging and get you in contact with the club. They are likely to vet the database as per the formalities but this is incredible.

I'll update the leader board over the weekend but you officially make the AFC Crewe Journey Up the Track Hall of Fame as the first ever person to complete the challenge!

Congratulations

Just an update following this breaking news.

@kieran_stuteshas been pointed in the direction of one of our Co-chairmen who will look over the save and ensure there has been no editor activity/excessive holiday time etc.

If all okay - Kieran becomes a lifetime board member at AFC Crewe!

Please please please continue with this challenge - Although the official prize has potentially gone, there are still places up for grabs in the challenge HOF. 

We also appreciate any interest this has generated in our little club. We were created by fans, for fans!

Updates to follow....

9 hours ago, K13eke said:

Just an update following this breaking news.

@kieran_stuteshas been pointed in the direction of one of our Co-chairmen who will look over the save and ensure there has been no editor activity/excessive holiday time etc.

If all okay - Kieran becomes a lifetime board member at AFC Crewe!

Please please please continue with this challenge - Although the official prize has potentially gone, there are still places up for grabs in the challenge HOF. 

We also appreciate any interest this has generated in our little club. We were created by fans, for fans!

Updates to follow....

Congratulations! @kieran_stutes

It's been a pleasure playing and chatting here. Turns out FM's Low Level Management is easier than I predicted.

On other news, I have been defeated in the Fifth Round of FA Cup but not without bringing at least 300 grand to the bank balance.

Now onto the Supercut.

Season 10 complete! The less said about this one the better, literally nothing of note happened, never looked like making the playoffs or getting relegated. Onto the next season.

image.png.84fe35f8ad349a638f5be46ede457072.png

It's official!

@kieran_stutes has had his database verified and has won the official challenge, becoming a board member in the process!

As mentioned - The challenge still continues on here and I'd love to see more of you Journey up the track!

I'll attempt to get the official competition made a yearly event but please please please keep on posting. I'll update the leader board and create a HOF over the weekend.

If anyone is interested about the project we have got going on you can visit https://www.nufan.co.uk/ for more details or alternatively if you just want to watch us play, every game is shown live on Veo by searching for AFC Crewe.

We are the Isuzu FA Vase champions! 10 points to the tally. I believe it should be 115 then.

Also, me being in the Indonesian Hall of Fame is disrespect to the legend that is Rachmad Darmawan.

Edit: And The Macron Cup. My total would be 120, I guess.

Screenshot_51.jpg

Screenshot_53.jpg

Screenshot_55.jpg

Edited by aldiyaz

DISAPPOINTMENT AGAIN! 

Season 5 done and dusted and yet again we fail at the semi final stage of the play offs IMG_2964.thumb.jpeg.19bf825e40333b4827f69823030b9927.jpegIMG_2963.thumb.jpeg.0d1463179b60cbf41545796420abce1c.jpegIMG_2962.thumb.jpeg.4ced50d24aed70ac47d9f2c4a1678a23.jpegconsigning us to a 4th season in the NWCL Div 1 South! We went into the final game of the season needing a win against table topping Winsford United, our nemesis! Win and we go up as champions on goal difference. Lose and it’s the play offs again. Obviously we lost, a 5th game on the trot against Winsford we have lost. Getting a straight red early in the first half didn’t help matters. But we were given a chance when Winsford themselves were given a red as well evening out the numbers! It wasn’t to be and typical FM fashion the game fizzled out without any highlights! Quite frankly I’m glad to see the back of them! I was confident going into the play offs but the suspension from the red card meant a change in formation. It didn’t help and a pathetic performance against Cammell Laird ensured another season at this level. I’m finding it soul destroying being stuck at this level and not looking forward to yet another season in this division!  It’s not helping our finances and we are heavily in debt with no hope of increasing our wage budget and getting better players to take that step towards promotion.