Difficulty to loan away or to sell

I am a big club at second division with many youngsters and players to offload. I can't fins any team to loan them. I do have General Manager with good negotiation and motivation, but nothing. I am trying to convince the board to find affiliate club to loan them to, but no luck with the board too.

How is your game set up with other leagues?

If it's just the leagues in the country you're playing in, there won't be that many options to loan players out. The teams in your league won't want your youngsters, and if it's Germany, that only really leaves one league below to send players on loan to, and then you're competing against other tier 1/2 teams.

If it is just the one country's leagues you have loaded, and loaning out players is important to you, add some extra leagues.

10 years into my Chelsea save, I cannot sell any players.

i have around 20 players for one reason or another I would like to sell, but no, nobody will Buy them. They are internationals, I have offered wages etc, but nobody will buy.

lost one player on a free as not one bid in 3 years for him!

Loads of downright ridiculous bids, then this summed it all up.

look at that for an offer!

IMG_4786.jpeg

Jamal slowly gets out of bed, rubbing the sleep from his eyes, pulling his fluffy slippers on and drawing back the curtain. He checks his watch. 

'Ah', he thinks to himself. 'That's a minute of the day wasted. Easiest £44 I ever made.' A grin forms on his cherubic face. 'Since yesterday, anyway.'

'Sure, the boss wants to get rid of me, and no-one wants to pick up my beautiful wages... but still; getting paid £220 for the five minutes it takes to eat breakfast feels good.'

Later, he'll show up for training 10 minutes early. The look of rage on the Head Coach's face every time he sees Jamal around the club him is glorious, and totally worth it. 

'Life's good, man.'

10 minutes ago, northernmonkey said:

I have England France Germany and Spain as playable

So, the next thing you look at is what clubs will realistically be looking to sign the player(s) in question - In your example there, Musiala is on 450k a week. From the leagues you've got loaded, there's probably about 4/5 teams who would be able to afford those wages. 6th July in game, so maybe the handful of teams who would be able to sign him are looking at other targets (or simply can't afford the wages). 

However, that's not to say there should be derisory bids miles under the estimated value, that's just a waste of time and shouldn't be in the game. 

Edited by Dagenham_Dave

• SI Staff

One potential solution is the generating market interest option, and another is utilising the intermediaries. You're at one of the few clubs who would consider buying a 30 year old and paying them £450k a week already. There is probably less than 10 clubs that would consider that a feasible wage, how many would want to invest it in a 30 year old that you yourself want rid of? 

Like I said, that is one scenario. Plus, there are three clubs interested in him as I have had him for 8 years! But that’s the bids I get.

i have 24-25 year olds that I can’t play as my squad is too big, internationals, I use the stupid market interest button etc. 

Zero bids, players rarely sell in FM 24

22 hours ago, turnip said:

How is your game set up with other leagues?

If it's just the leagues in the country you're playing in, there won't be that many options to loan players out. The teams in your league won't want your youngsters, and if it's Germany, that only really leaves one league below to send players on loan to, and then you're competing against other tier 1/2 teams.

If it is just the one country's leagues you have loaded, and loaning out players is important to you, add some extra leagues.

Should I make it (new added league)playable or not? I thought the teams, even if they are from not added leagues, can make proposal for my players? So if I don’t have Premier League added, I can not sell my player to English teams for example?

You can sell to teams in inactive leagues, but in my experience they are a lot less active and loaning to teams in inactive leagues is really tough.

If you don't plan on managing in a different country, I would recommend setting the added leagues to "Viewable". That way, they're simulated in more detail and the clubs will be more active when it comes to transfers.

10 hours ago, northernmonkey said:

Zero bids, players rarely sell in FM 24

Oh, okay, I guess I must be mistaken, then.

DCmC1eR.png

No, it turns out that I'm not mistaken. 

That's the last 3 seasons of my team; anyone sold for more than £1m. 

Selling players is, in fact, pretty easy if you're not paying them more than any other team can reasonably offer in wages. 

Sorry, that post wasn't supposed to go here. It was supposed to go in the thread I quoted from. Not sure how that happened - magic, maybe.

But yeah, in my save I have every possible league loaded at least to 'View-Only'. The game is slow, but it works for me.