No coaches who prefer 4-4-2 Diamond or 4-4-2!

5 hours ago, AD Small said:

Not sure what is going on but when I am looking for coaches who prefer the formation I like to use. My formation is 4-4-2 diamond. No matter what save I play I can't find any 4-4-2 diamond or 4-4-2 coaches. 

Doesn't matter. Having coaches whose preference is different than yours, is still far better than not having any coach at all.

Coaches with preference has 0 influence it is just a data there it is not him who will make the lineup for the match, maybe assistant but even him cannot make lineup if you don't give permission, in real life nobody plays 4-4-2 diamond narrow apart from Real Madrid this year since Real Madrid 17-18 and Liverpool in 13-14 never seen that formation play in top flight football even though is a nice formation

On 19/12/2023 at 22:59, AD Small said:

@avenger22 Been playing that formation for the last 4 years now and it works. If your coaches are natural and their preferred formation matches yours it works wonders. 

Any shape can work in FM i mean which is more meta and stronger and obv 4-3-1-2 or 4-1-2-1-2 diamond is one of the weakest in comparing it with 4-2-3-1, 433, 424, 352, 343 both offense and deffense it is still a nice formation but there is quite a difference between them, for the coach preferred that is pure placebo trust me you can ask SI or anyone, coaches preferred formation has nothing to do with anything in the game result or indirect gains in result nothing, their stats yes because they develop players but formation of a fitness coach no

On 19/12/2023 at 21:59, AD Small said:

@avenger22 Been playing that formation for the last 4 years now and it works. If your coaches are natural and their preferred formation matches yours it works wonders. 

Always wondered if this makes a difference? Ie find coaches who have preferred formations to the formation you're using?

On 20/12/2023 at 04:58, AD Small said:

@Blancos I understand that but coaches who prefer a specific formation will perform better. 

I understood. But YOU are basically the tactical coach here. It's YOU who teach the team about what you want them to do, not the other coaches.

To my understanding, the preferred formation is just a note, about what formation the coach will likely choose IF he/she is in your shoes. It's merely about preference. Having one preferred formation, doesn't mean that the coaches don't / can't teach another. I, for example, might have two preferred formations a season (based on who play; the 1st XI or the 2nd), and another different formations the next season. Which one do I prefer, doesn't say much anymore.

Moreover, don't forget that having SIMILAR preferred formation doesn't mean that you both will teach the SAME things, since there are much more things to implement for a tactic to work, outside of formation diagram. YOUR formation is the key here, not your coaches' preferences.